HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryder on Canada's WC team

View Poll Results: Should Ryder be on Canada's WC team?
Yes 48 41.38%
No 68 58.62%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Canadienne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Whoa, you went out into left field there buddy.

The question was: Should Ryder be on Canada's WC team?

I said nothing about deserving respect, or dissed him, etc. And I wasn't discussing a possible invitation to try out. All I did was answer the question, so ease off.

I like Ryder and appreciate what he's done for the Habs this year, I just think there are many better and more deserving Canadian players out there.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't aiming my response at anybody in particular - just a general observation and I may have gotten alittle carried away but no harm, no foul. BTW, incase you couldn't tell, I like Ryder, too, and I think he would be a good addition to any team. Will he? Anybody's guess - he's like a ricochet; came out of nowhere and could go anywhere from here.

GO HABS GO

Old
03-24-2004, 11:38 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
This thread isn't about who is better, it's about whether or not Ryder should get a shot at the WC team. I would be willing to bet that no habs fan right now would turn down a Nash for Ryder deal if it was offered, but I think many of them like Ryder a lot and want to see get a shot at the WC. I don't think anyone is being an extreme homer really. No one has blatantly said Ryder>Nash
Exactly what I was going to say! You read my mind!
People should stick to the original question before stating that everyone here is a homer, or just totally change the subject.
I don't see Nash or SPezza mentionned anywhere near the question.

Old
03-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Whoa, you went out into left field there buddy.

The question was: Should Ryder be on Canada's WC team?

I said nothing about deserving respect, or dissed him, etc. And I wasn't discussing a possible invitation to try out. All I did was answer the question, so ease off.

I like Ryder and appreciate what he's done for the Habs this year, I just think there are many better and more deserving Canadian players out there.
Past accomplishments are one thing but we are living in the present. If by some chance Ryder gets invited to camp and earns a position on the team then so be it. We cannot win world champioships on reputations and so called "deserving Canadian players". All players, including "deserving Canadian players" should earn their spot on the club and if a Michael Ryder type player outplays those so called better players then he rightfully deserves to be on the team. If a team is chosen like this then our odds of winning are most definitely increased as we'll only have players competing that are very motivated to play for their country.

Old
03-24-2004, 02:46 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
What do you think? Should he get a spot? I figure with a 23-man roster, 14 forward spots will be available. Everyone is talking about how Nash is a lock, but it could easily be argued that Ryder has been an all-around better player this year. All pro-Hab bias aside, if you were putting the team together Canada's WC team, would Ryder be on it?

To suggest that Ryder could "easily" be argued as being better then Nash this season, then, in the same breath say to "put aside all pro-Hab bias" is absurd.

You instantly lose crediblity when you suggest that Ryder is 'easily arguable' as better then Nash who could lead the entire league in goal-scoring despite playing on a god awful team and unable to legally drink in the city he plays in.

Closed Thread