HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not Quite OT: Dom Moore on OTR's Next Question

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2009, 07:47 PM
  #1
Cheli
Registered User
 
Cheli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto/Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
Not Quite OT: Dom Moore on OTR's Next Question

Plenty of Leafs questions: Burke, RW, White, Schenn.. Plus a short collection of previous Leafs' OTRs as an intro.



The OTR guy kind of annoys me.. like the Harvard hockey questions are stupid, asking Moore about stats he won't remember when he has them right in front of him.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 07:58 PM
  #2
The Puck
Registered User
 
The Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli View Post
Plus a short collection of previous Leafs' OTRs as an intro.
And Dan Paille I think? (between Kaberle and Poni in the intro?)

Maybe he's a future Leaf?



Dan Paille + 1st round pick (#13 overall) (Leafs select Ryan Ellis)

for

Tomas Kaberle



The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 07:58 PM
  #3
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Pretty good interview,

I really hope Burke stays away from him this summer though, sounds like he misses Toronto and Ronny Wilson.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 08:20 PM
  #4
Scoogs
Registered User
 
Scoogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
A likeable guy, and player... But that ship has sailed.

Roster spots could be better used.

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 08:26 PM
  #5
The Puck
Registered User
 
The Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
I found it interesting that Schenn was the one looking for fights, and asking a bunch of Sabres if they wanted to go ... I thought his fights were just spur of the moment type things.

The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 08:27 PM
  #6
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
A likeable guy, and player... But that ship has sailed.

Roster spots could be better used.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 08:42 PM
  #7
Shaun_W_W
Registered User
 
Shaun_W_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Yeah I think not signing that contract will be one of his big regrets

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:00 PM
  #8
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W View Post
Yeah I think not signing that contract will be one of his big regrets
I completely agree, i was really hoping he wouldn't sign...its not like everyone in sports said he would regret not signing that deal.

I can't see him getting anymore than 1.25-1.5 mil per season this summer.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:05 PM
  #9
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Dog View Post
I found it interesting that Schenn was the one looking for fights, and asking a bunch of Sabres if they wanted to go ... I thought his fights were just spur of the moment type things.
If I remember the game I think the entire Leafs team was trying to get that punk Kaleta to fight.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:14 PM
  #10
Shaun_W_W
Registered User
 
Shaun_W_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
I completely agree, i was really hoping he wouldn't sign...its not like everyone in sports said he would regret not signing that deal.

I can't see him getting anymore than 1.25-1.5 mil per season this summer.
I also don't know if he will be as effective other places which could shorten his career. He bled blue and white and I think he will regret not signing over that little of salary difference. Just hearing interviews and stuff I don't think anyone was more proud to play for the leafs then he was.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:26 PM
  #11
Please
Registered User
 
Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
haha 2nd round picks are awesome

Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
  #12
Number13
Registered User
 
Number13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Dog View Post
I found it interesting that Schenn was the one looking for fights, and asking a bunch of Sabres if they wanted to go ... I thought his fights were just spur of the moment type things.
Yeah, me as well. I think he is a bit more chirpy then he lets off through the media.

As for Dom Moore, I would be willing to take him back if he accepts his role as a 3rd/4th liner for the salary Burkie was willing to give him. He is a very effective player in that role, plus his work ethic and passion would rub off nicely on some of our younger guys.

Number13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 10:04 PM
  #13
akademiks
Registered User
 
akademiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
Yeah, me as well. I think he is a bit more chirpy then he lets off through the media.

As for Dom Moore, I would be willing to take him back if he accepts his role as a 3rd/4th liner for the salary Burkie was willing to give him. He is a very effective player in that role, plus his work ethic and passion would rub off nicely on some of our younger guys.
Me too. Dont think anyone else would of been able to pull this off besides Dom and Blakey anyways...


akademiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 10:17 PM
  #14
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,388
vCash: 500
Moore is a fan favourite but he's pricing himself out of town. If he wants to come back he has to accept a third line role to go along with third line money. End of story.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 10:33 PM
  #15
Leafidelity
Way she goes...
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,074
vCash: 1775
No thanks, he's been replaced by Mitchell.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 12:11 AM
  #16
TMLeafer
Moderator
Bring him home.
 
TMLeafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hockey Mecca, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,527
vCash: 500
I'd sign him for nothing more than $850k

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 12:26 AM
  #17
JohnnyO
Registered User
 
JohnnyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 419
vCash: 500
My opinion of the guy changed when he held out for the money, and I was loving it when Schenn fought him. Still though he seems like a good guy,and he played well for us, but I wouldn't want him back.
Good luck to him where ever he ends up.
Also TSN should fire Landsberg I can't stand him.


Last edited by JohnnyO: 05-22-2009 at 12:33 AM.
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 12:44 AM
  #18
Sharp Elbows
 
Sharp Elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North America
Country: United Nations
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
I'd sign him for nothing more than $850k
No, sign him for one year at $2.5... and then trade him at the deadline for another 2nd.

Repeat again next summer.

Sharp Elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 12:57 AM
  #19
soupisgoodfood
 
soupisgoodfood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
I highly doubt Moore gets signed. If nothing else but for the lingering crap going on involving Burkie and his brother. Not saying it was an issue when he was in TO, I think they both went about it in a professional manner, but still, from Burkes perspective... Why bother?

soupisgoodfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 01:07 AM
  #20
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,735
vCash: 500
he's such a Maple leaf

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 02:59 AM
  #21
HockeyAustralia
 
HockeyAustralia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,383
vCash: 500
What does OTR stand for?

HockeyAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 03:10 AM
  #22
JohnnyO
Registered User
 
JohnnyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAustralia View Post
What does OTR stand for?
Off The Record, a show on TSN.

JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:00 AM
  #23
dybbuk
Registered User
 
dybbuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Freddy Beach
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupisgoodfood View Post
I highly doubt Moore gets signed. If nothing else but for the lingering crap going on involving Burkie and his brother. Not saying it was an issue when he was in TO, I think they both went about it in a professional manner, but still, from Burkes perspective... Why bother?
Why would Burke and Dominic Moore have any conflict with something involving Dominics brother and Bertuzzi? Burke wasn't on the ice, or on the bench. He had as much to do with the attack as I did. And you bother, if you can get a good player for cheap who accepts grunt work.

dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:51 AM
  #24
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W View Post
I also don't know if he will be as effective other places which could shorten his career. He bled blue and white and I think he will regret not signing over that little of salary difference. Just hearing interviews and stuff I don't think anyone was more proud to play for the leafs then he was.
I completely agree, Moore has a man-crush on Wilson and those two just seemed to click...

now you never know, maybe the offer still stands, for 3 million over 2 years (from Burke) If it does he's got a lot of trading this summer to move bodies out, because we already have too many now.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:56 AM
  #25
ugotmybeef*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LA BABY!!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
I completely agree, Moore has a man-crush on Wilson and those two just seemed to click...

now you never know, maybe the offer still stands, for 3 million over 2 years (from Burke) If it does he's got a lot of trading this summer to move bodies out, because we already have too many now.
the question stands would you bring in Moore and let him take a youngster's spot like Bozak, Stalberg or even our top pick this year depending on who he is.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.