HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Boston

Old
05-23-2009, 05:28 PM
sgupca

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
It's a bad offer, regardless of salary. I know everyone here wants to cite his concussion as an excuse for why he could be had for nothing, but this offer is crap. I mean, come on, you're not even going to throw in Toronto's own 2nd? Even with that, it's not even close, but it's so far biased in Toronto's favor it's not even funny.
It would be if Bergeron wasn't a skating concussion.

But taking on Bergeron is like taking on a high risk mutual fund. One big hit and you lose everything, but if he's head heals to 100% he could score 80 points per season.

Even so, Toronto might have to add Stralman to that offer.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 05:30 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post

do we really need another trade offer for bergeron becuase 'Boston has so much cap trouble' and the always infamous crap offers becuase he is 'one hit away' from ending his carreer and he 'may never get back to form'

if you want him, pay for him, if he's such a risk and still such a bad player who hasnt 'returned to form', why the interest?
Like I said above,,,Bergeron is either a 'strike-out' or 'homerun'

Toronto has the cap room and cheaper players to make a deal happen.

And Boston has major cap issues....Bergeron might not be coming to Toronto, but i doubt he's back in Boston...they need his salary room for Krejci and/or Kessel.

Old
05-23-2009, 05:33 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Well, people are expecting quite a few changes in the coming months for the Leafs. I don't know if Stajan is the type of guy that Burke wants if he's going to clean house. So if Burke doesn't really care for Stajan, then Stajan + a 2nd might not be that good of a package from Burke's perspective because he wouldn't resign Stajan anyway after 09/10.

Bergeron is only signed for 2 more years at 4.75. It's not that bad of a contract and not a huge risk for the Leafs.
I don't really think Stajan is in Burke's future plans.

His interview last week on the FAN590 he said:

"We are loaded at Centre next year, but that won't stop me from drafthing another. We already have: Garbovski, J. Mitchell, and Bozak in the top three positions moving forward into next year"

No word on Stajan...i'd say he's a goner this summer.

Old
05-23-2009, 05:34 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post
You have just talked on behalf of all the sane Bruins fans right now, and I agree with you completely that this is, indeed, what Chiarelli should do.

However, by extending Thomas for another 5 years or so, at his age, he has left the Rask situation very confusing. You've got a blue-chip prospect in the minors. Personally, I thought it was his turn to show what he could do.

Having said that, retaining Lucic, Wheeler, Bergeron, Kessel, Krejci, Wideman makes a lot of sense, but its not clear thats what Chiarelli will do. Savard is your best player up front, and I think he'll be retained.

Going with all youth isnt an indication Chiarreli has given thus far. Not that I wont agree with Chiarreli, but without Savard Boston wont nearly be as dangerous a team they are at the moment.
Peter Chiarelli probably felt as if Tim Thomas was a must sign for the B's to be considered legitimate contenders next season. There's just no way they could walk away from the likely Vezina winner and team MVP and call themselves a better team for it. He's all but assured Rask will get his chance as a backup/platoon next season.

Letting Marc Savard walk after next season doesn't necessarily mean Chiarelli is going with an all youth movement. Like I said, because of the shrinking cap, his age, UFA status, and likely salary demands, he seems destined to be the odd man out. Bergeron and Krejci will also have plenty of experience by that point (Bergeron 6 years, Krejci 3). Assuming Bergeron stays healthy and Krejci becomes the player we all expect, I think it's a no brainer as to who the better 1-2 combo will be for the next 5 years.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote