HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So you want to propose a trade w/LA Kings?

Old
05-24-2009, 06:18 AM
Laterade

vCash: 500
to VAN:
Hickey
Purcell

to LAK:
Burrows
Bieksa
2nd round pick 09

too much?

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Okay, so to paraphrase the OP:

"The Kings want what they want, and you should take whatever they feel like giving you in return." Nice.

Would your majesties be willing to do a trade around Hartnell (LW in his twenties, scored 30 goals this season) for Quick? That is hypothetical as I think Harntell really enjoys Philadelphia and has a NTC.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 11:53 AM
R0CKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Take away Thornton, Setoguchi, Boyle, Murray (Doubt people will clamor for him with his contract now anyways), Vlasic, Ehrhoff and most of our prospects. What might help get the 5th overall from LA to SJ?
Michalec could get the wheels turning for LA?

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Semin is a 1st line player and would be on the Caps 1st line if it wasn't for AO. He is the Malkin of the LW. But for a player like that, I wouldn't mind parting with the #5 overall. Not sure what the hell the Caps would need with our prospects or picks but maybe it could be a 3-way deal.

- R
Caps are contenders especially if Varlamov continues to progess. The value of a draft pick to them isn't equal to the value of a top line explosive scorer. They would only trade him for an equal player at a position of greater need (maybe a top shut down dman?).

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Why didn't the Kings use their huge cap space last year? With the right signings, they could've turned the team into a playoff team and maybe even go far. What has changed this year that would make them change their mind all of a sudden and go out and spend?

This is not to attack the Kings fans or anything, I just don't know the team's situation.
The problem is the owner and that none of the superstars want to sign here for 15 years.
Now it's different. We have a young dangerous Team. The UFA's come here and ask for playing.
Right now we have the right Manager who rather isn't doing any trades or signings instead of bringing in the wrong expensive guy.
I like it, we are strong enough to build from within and i'm would scrifice another not playoff year for educating MPS (i think we draft him) abd go to the playoff next year as contender not as victims

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Joey Moss

Would Kings fans do this?

Robert Nilsson and Rob Schremp for Wayne Simmonds?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 01:27 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Would Kings fans do this?

Robert Nilsson and Rob Schremp for Wayne Simmonds?
Nope
There's very few players I'd trade Wayne Simmonds for..

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 05:36 AM
KINGSFAN4LIFE

I personally think DL trade JJ + other assets For Vinny, then drafts MSP, then when July first comes signs JBO

then they run with

frolov Vinny Williams
MSP Kopitar Brown
Simmonds Stoll Handzuz
Ivanans Molller Purcell/moulson/lewis(you get the point)

JBo Doughty
Quincey Greene
O Donnell Hickey

Quick
Ersberg

KINGSFAN4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Take away Thornton, Setoguchi, Boyle, Murray (Doubt people will clamor for him with his contract now anyways), Vlasic, Ehrhoff and most of our prospects. What might help get the 5th overall from LA to SJ?
The gentlemen I highlighted. I also like Cheech, but not for that price.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
No. JJ is an RFA and will want more money than he has proven he's worth. The $ savings you get wouldn't be that much. Simmonds is a good 3rd liner, but I don't think he's appreciably (if any) better than Bitz or Sobotka or Marchand.

In the end Kessel is just too good to give up for a still question mark in JJ.
I don't want Kessel or Ferrence for that price. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't give you JJ for BOTH of them. Keep them.

And no, you can't have Simmonds unless he's part of a deal for Lucic.

Sturm wouldn't waive his NMC to come to LA, either, so that idea is pretty much out.

Old
05-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Zal

I'm not sure if it wasn't mentioned, but as part of obtaining a winger, the Kings want SIZE. They want the talent, yes, but we need the size up front as well.

Old
05-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Okay, so to paraphrase the OP:

"The Kings want what they want, and you should take whatever they feel like giving you in return." Nice.

Would your majesties be willing to do a trade around Hartnell (LW in his twenties, scored 30 goals this season) for Quick? That is hypothetical as I think Harntell really enjoys Philadelphia and has a NTC.
Tempting. I love Hartnell, but I'm not certain Bernier could step up and take over for him yet. Ersberg hasn't proven he can start on a consistant basis, either.

Old
05-26-2009, 10:52 AM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
I don't want Kessel or Ferrence for that price. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't give you JJ for BOTH of them. Keep them.

And no, you can't have Simmonds unless he's part of a deal for Lucic.

Sturm wouldn't waive his NMC to come to LA, either, so that idea is pretty much out.
Homer much? Kessel has much more value than JJ right now. JJ has done nothing to prove himself at the NHL level and is always mired in some kind of conflict with his team.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Homer much? Kessel has much more value than JJ right now. JJ has done nothing to prove himself at the NHL level and is always mired in some kind of conflict with his team.
Idiot much? How does JJ not have any value right now? Because YOU say so? Go back to your closet.

1) He's CHEAP.
2) He HAS played well, but he's been injured.
3) He's BIG and PHYSICAL.
4) He SCORES.

The only thing he needs to focus on is his defensive assignments, which will be easy for him to do through his developmental stages. He gets a little ahead of himself, but that's easily remedied with maturity.

Learn something about the player you're bagging on prior to posting.

Kessel is a nice player, yes, but he's on the smaller side, and the Kings are trying to bulk on the top lines.

Old
05-26-2009, 11:17 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Idiot much? How does JJ not have any value right now? Because YOU say so? Go back to your closet.

1) He's CHEAP.
2) He HAS played well, but he's been injured.
3) He's BIG and PHYSICAL.
4) He SCORES.

The only thing he needs to focus on is his defensive assignments, which will be easy for him to do through his developmental stages. He gets a little ahead of himself, but that's easily remedied with maturity.

Learn something about the player you're bagging on prior to posting.

Kessel is a nice player, yes, but he's on the smaller side, and the Kings are trying to bulk on the top lines.
You should tone it down. He's right, the Bruins would be getting ripped off by a wide margin if they dealt Kessel and Ference for Johnson. Ference is a very good defenceman, if a bit small, and Kessel is an elite goal-scoring talent. Both of them are much more proven than Johnson.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
You should tone it down. He's right, the Bruins would be getting ripped off by a wide margin if they dealt Kessel and Ference for Johnson. Ference is a very good defenceman, if a bit small, and Kessel is an elite goal-scoring talent. Both of them are much more proven than Johnson.
I don't need to tone it down when I'm being called names. Thanks for your concern, though.

That's your opinion. I disagree with it, as valid as you may think it is. JJ goes nowhere unless it's for:

1) A package for a proven scorer.
2) A package for a better, proven defenseman.

Old
05-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFAN4LIFE View Post
I personally think DL trade JJ + other assets For Vinny, then drafts MSP, then when July first comes signs JBO

then they run with

frolov Vinny Williams
MSP Kopitar Brown
Simmonds Stoll Handzuz
Ivanans Molller Purcell/moulson/lewis(you get the point)

JBo Doughty
Quincey Greene
O Donnell Hickey

Quick
Ersberg
I personally think you're high.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:31 AM
BringBackStevens

It's highly unlikely that Gagne will be moved, but if he were to be shopped to the Kings, how about something like...

To Phi:
Jack Johnson
Another Piece (of interest to the Flyers: Williams, Stoll, 5th Overall, Simmonds, Quincey, and Bernier)

To LA
Simon Gagne

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:36 AM
grabo84

Quote:
I don't need to tone it down when I'm being called names. Thanks for your concern, though.

That's your opinion. I disagree with it, as valid as you may think it is. JJ goes nowhere unless it's for:

1) A package for a proven scorer.
2) A package for a better, proven defenseman.
Just friendly advice. Anyways, a Bruins package including Kessel and Ference gives you both of those things. Ference is currently better than Johnson, although with less upside, and Kessel is a proven scorer in my books. This trade would have an excellent shot of making the Kings a playoff team next year.

Old
05-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Interesting.........

get:Gagne (+ anything else the Kings need to make this work?)

get: Bernier/Quick + Johnson

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Just friendly advice. Anyways, a Bruins package including Kessel and Ference gives you both of those things. Ference is currently better than Johnson, although with less upside, and Kessel is a proven scorer in my books. This trade would have an excellent shot of making the Kings a playoff team next year.
Seriously, I do appreciate it, I just don't respond well to name-calling. It's childish and counter productive.

I agree with you regarding both of those guys, but they lack the size the Kings desperately need. It's not so much that either of them are actually more valuable than JJ individually, it's just the Kings have given the indication he's extremely valuable to their young core and that he'd be re-signed.

The only way I could see him moved is for what I mentioned in my previous post.

Old
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
It's highly unlikely that Gagne will be moved, but if he were to be shopped to the Kings, how about something like...

To Phi:
Jack Johnson
Another Piece (of interest to the Flyers: Williams, Stoll, 5th Overall, Simmonds, Quincey, and Bernier)

To LA
Simon Gagne
I'd do JJ+Stoll. I'm not certain Philly would actually do it, though.

Old
05-26-2009, 11:47 AM
grabo84

I guess it all depends how accurate those rumours were about contract troubles.

Old
05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Hurt

LA trades: 5th overall

Tor trades: 7th overall+Ponikarovsky.

LA gets their top 6 big winger with soft hands and size

Toronto gets their higher pick to continue their rebuild.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Dick Whitman

I can understand that Kings fans are over protective of their young prospects and players but this is borderline ridiculous. You're valuing unproven players at virtually the same level as superstar nhlers. Jack Johnson for Kessel and Ference and you wouldn't pull the trigger???? That is why you're not an NHL gm.

Kings fans, you will not get the world for guys like Johnson, Teubert and Hickey. All excellent prospect dmen with loads of potential but until they've shown signs of reaching that potential, they're just prospects and not worth proven superstars.

The Heatley offer was borderline hideous, moving spare parts for Lecavalier and believing you could hold on to the #5 is laughable at best, thinking J-Bo would sign in LA... Hehe. Though my favourite line of this thread is where some kings fan said something to the effect of, "We're actually going to try and make the playoffs next year" as though his team hasn't been trying. Anyways, if you don't want to trade your prospects, fine, but stop asking for a king's ransom for a guy who's rumored to be asking for... a king's ransom in salary next season.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote