HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs trying to sign Emelin

Old
05-22-2009, 09:29 PM
cap10bfl

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Habs trying to sign Emelin

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/275219.html

hopefully he signs and most probably would need to have a secured spot in the top 6 to want to move to north america

he would really add toughness to our back end, something we desperately need, epecially if komisarek doesnt sign

Last edited by cap10bfl: 05-25-2009 at 03:25 PM.
cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:30 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Habs negotiating with Emelin

Emelin confirmed it to a Russian newspaper.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:36 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Nice, please come over.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Yes!!

Let's hope he signs, if not only to get another asset we drafted.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Better not be fooled twice

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:41 PM
MoonlightGraham

He only has 7 points in more than 100 games in the KHL. Would he be good enough to make an impact in a superior league like the NHL?

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:43 PM
CanadienErrant*

Hopefully, he won't be given a regular spot if he has a bad camp, and should be sent down to Hamilton.

I don't have much confidence in a guy who was almost an All Star three years ago, and hasn't score a single goal, and played 14 minutes a game on average in an inferior league (on a third pairing) since two years...

I will believe when I see him !

I think Valentenko had more upside and had already one season to adapt to English and North American lifestyle.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
Better not be fooled twice
Every time I hear that expression in the last few years I automatically remember dubaya's slip...

Old
05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Eband00

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
He only has 7 points in more than 100 games in the KHL. Would he be good enough to make an impact in a superior league like the NHL?
-_-, i hope ur sarcastic. Seems like u are, but if ur not... He's a stay at home tough defensmen, offensive stats dont tell squat about his play

Eband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:45 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eband00 View Post
-_-, i hope ur sarcastic. Seems like u are, but if ur not... He's a stay at home tough defensmen, offensive stats dont tell squat about his play
He might be tough for KHL hockey, but NHL hockey is another ball game !

Old
05-22-2009, 09:46 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
His grittiness and toughness will be more effective in the smaller NHL rinks compared to the KHL.

We have tons of right handed D coming up so it'd be great to get another left handed D in the system.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Hopefully, he won't be given a regular spot if he has a bad camp, and should be sent down to Hamilton.

I don't have much confidence in a guy who was almost an All Star three years ago, and hasn't score a single goal, and played 14 minutes a game on average in an inferior league (on a third pairing) since two years...

I will believe when I see him !
Hmmm, he was +4 with 3 points in 9 games in the world championships... where most players are NHLers... or future NHLers.

I think if he can handle that kinda championship and have good stats, he'll definetly be able to handle 3rd pairing duty in the NHL.

Old
05-22-2009, 09:47 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post

hopefully he signs and most probably would need to have a secured spot in the top 6 to want to move to north america

he would really add toughness to our back end, something we desperately need, epecially if komisarek doesnt sign
You really think this guy will replace Komisarek right away ? He's barely 6' tall, and has yet to adapt to a new language and lifestyle.

Old
05-22-2009, 09:50 PM

Good. Now try to sign Korneev too please!

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
You really think this guy will replace Komisarek right away ? He's barely 6' tall, and has yet to adapt to a new language and lifestyle.
Oh god, you're so hopeless, he isn't sayin that Emelin will replace Komi, he's simply stating that if we lose Komisarek at least we won't lose as much toughness, not that he will replace him.

Mike plays right solely, and Emelin is a lefty and will probably replace Bouillon as we already have Markov and Hammer on the left.

Stop putting words into people's mouths. No wonder you were voted among the most annoying posters.

Old
05-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

If people would've watch him this year....they wouldn't be that ecstatic. Started the year on the 2nd pairing, finished it on the 3rd, and really while he didn't show any offensive side to his game whatsoever, (don't know if because he can't anymore or because he was told not to...), he wasn't that much physical and didn't even play great defensively for the 10ish games I saw him play.

He was at his best on the PK where he used his stick adequately. But 5 on 5, he was not that great defensively which should be his bread and butter.

But I remember how impressive he was at the Worlds on both sides of the rink and even offensively. Great point shot, often on the net, great passing. Watching him this year made you think he was a whole different player.

We will see soon if the way he played this year had to do with confidence or how he was told to play. But based on this year, there is no way he'd be able to crack a top 6.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Hmmm, he was +4 with 3 points in 9 games in the world championships... where most players are NHLers... or future NHLers.

I think if he can handle that kinda championship and have good stats, he'll definetly be able to handle 3rd pairing duty in the NHL.
Also, he had an insane WJC tourney in 2006....7 points in 6 games.

Can't wait to see whether they put Emelin or Yemelin on his jersey.

Schooner Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:58 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If people would've watch him this year....they wouldn't be that ecstatic. Started the year on the 2nd pairing, finished it on the 3rd, and really while he didn't show any offensive side to his game whatsoever, (don't know if because he can't anymore or because he was told not to...), he wasn't that much physical and didn't even play great defensively for the 10ish games I saw him play.

He was at his best on the PK where he used his stick adequately. But 5 on 5, he was not that great defensively which should be his bread and butter.

But I remember how impressive he was at the Worlds on both sides of the rink and even offensively. Great point shot, often on the net, great passing. Watching him this year made you think he was a whole different player.

We will see soon if the way he played this year had to do with confidence or how he was told to play. But based on this year, there is no way he'd be able to crack a top 6.
Maybe he was pissed off at his agent in Russia to had him signed a two-year contract instead of telling him that the Habs were already interested to sign him ???

OR

He has some ''personal'' off ice problems ???

Old
05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Also, he had an insane WJC tourney in 2006....7 points in 6 games.

Can't wait to see whether they put Emelin or Yemelin on his jersey.
As long as it is not Emeline or Yemeline, the way le Jounal le Droit in Ottawa is spelling the Russian names finishing with a ''in'... I was tired to read Yashine, Malkine...

Old
05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Oh god, you're so hopeless, he isn't sayin that Emelin will replace Komi, he's simply stating that if we lose Komisarek at least we won't lose as much toughness, not that he will replace him.

Mike plays right solely, and Emelin is a lefty and will probably replace Bouillon as we already have Markov and Hammer on the left.

Stop putting words into people's mouths. No wonder you were voted among the most annoying posters.
thank you my good sir

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Maybe he was pissed off at his agent in Russia to had him signed a two-year contract instead of telling him that the Habs were already interested to sign him ???

OR

He has some ''personal'' off ice problems ???
I totally do not disregard anything in his case. Not saying he's never going to be great, not implying that he's the worst player out there. Just trying to give my opinion on what I've seen this year and he's probably the prospect I saw the most with most of his games being on the Net.

But it wouldn't surprise me one bit that there are other issues in his case.

Old
05-22-2009, 10:05 PM
MathMan

Quote:
He's a defensive D-man in a low-scoring league. i wouldn't be too worried about that, but not expect any offense out of him either.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He's a defensive D-man in a low-scoring league. i wouldn't be too worried about that, but not expect any offense out of him either.
Does the KHL include 2nd assists in their stats? And can teams dress 8 defencemen like in the IIHF world championships? That would explain the ice time and the points.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Does the KHL include 2nd assists in their stats? And can teams dress 8 defencemen like in the IIHF world championships? That would explain the ice time and the points.
Yes they do carry secondary assists. And they only have 6 d-men per game. Thing is, with AK Bars, Emelin was on the 3rd pairing and the first pairing composed of ex-Sens pick Nikulin and Pervyshin were playing more than 25 minutes per game, while the 2nd pairing was often used as well. Leaving Emelin and his partner less minutes than the others. Towards the end of the year it was only between 12 to 14 minutes per game.

To Emelin's defence, I don't remember one game in the regular season when he saw 1 shift on the PP. Come to think of it, I may remember one shift where he was 10 seconds of it.....

Strangely, he scored once during the playoffs....on the PP. The guy still has a booming shot. But some playing time wouldn't hurt...

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-22-2009 at 10:34 PM.