HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs trying to sign Emelin

Old
05-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
One way or another I'd like to get him over for a few years and see if it works out, if not you can always trade him or he can go back home. If he is smart he'll give the NHL a couple of years, the KHL will always be there for him, the NHL won't be after he turns 26-27.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 10:41 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Maybe he was pissed off at his agent in Russia to had him signed a two-year contract instead of telling him that the Habs were already interested to sign him ???

OR

He has some ''personal'' off ice problems ???
Careful now.....A,S Kost. and CP's sacred territory. Don't want anyone bruising their ego's.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 11:41 AM
HCH

If he signs I wouldn't mind seeing him play 20 games or so in Hamilton even if he does seem NHL ready. It would give him some time to adjust to the smaller ice surface and the North American style of game.

Start with Markov, Hamrlik and Gorges on the left side and if Emelin looks like he can be effective, move Gorges back to the right side or even play Emelin there. He played the right side on the PP during the World Juniors and looked pretty good.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs will have Markov, Komisarek? an aging Hamrlik, an aging Schneider?, and Gorges. Maybe Subban can make it. I'm not yet sold on O'Byrne, while Bouillon, Dandenault, and Brisebois should not be offered contracts. McDonagh, Fischer, and Weber are too inexperienced. IMO, given that setup, Emelin wouldn't face particularly stiff competition. You'll see, people.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Meh... yet another overrated and overhyped Habs' prospect. If people think that he'll step right in and make a difference, they also better be prepared to be disappointed.

What I would give to have a scouting team taking chances on long shots prospects in our own backyard instead of overseas...
When I was in Russia a few years ago I had the opportunity to watch the games of the national team on TV. I could tell that Malkin would be a great NHL player and I saw some really good things in Emelin. Someone like O'Byrne is crude compared to Emelin.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Bullsmith

I really hope he comes, I love vicious Russian d men. Love to bring Perezhogin back too. It's not inconceivable that the KHL's troubles will be the Habs gain.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
I forgot one thing. It's not important how many minutes you play, it's important WHEN you play them. Ak Bars up by one goal with one minute to play? Bilyaletdinov always iced the Emelin - Panin duo.
Not during most of the 2nd part of the year. Emelin was not paired with Panin, he was mostly paired with Buravchikov or Kosmachev (#54 or #59, don't remember) on the 3rd pairing. I agree though that he was used sometimes in the last minute of the game.

But I do have to say that he was not necessarily a whole lot involve and not impressive. While you might not care about stats, which at point as to be a concern, I was caring about his defensive play who was subpar most of the season. At one point, I stopped hoping for any offensive signs. Was solely expecting a good and solid reliable defensive game. But even there, he was often outmuscled, didn't use his feet properly, and rarely involved himself on the play. Like I was saying before, except on the PK where suddenly looked like he had a special mission. So it's in him to play good. Needs to put it together and get some confidence back. Would have helped if he would've seen some PP time, that's for sure....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not during most of the 2nd part of the year. Emelin was not paired with Panin, he was mostly paired with Buravchikov or Kosmachev (#54 or #59, don't remember) on the 3rd pairing. I agree though that he was used sometimes in the last minute of the game.

But I do have to say that he was not necessarily a whole lot involve and not impressive. While you might not care about stats, which at point as to be a concern, I was caring about his defensive play who was subpar most of the season. At one point, I stopped hoping for any offensive signs. Was solely expecting a good and solid reliable defensive game. But even there, he was often outmuscled, didn't use his feet properly, and rarely involved himself on the play. Like I was saying before, except on the PK where suddenly looked like he had a special mission. So it's in him to play good. Needs to put it together and get some confidence back. Would have helped if he would've seen some PP time, that's for sure....
ELC bonuses should remedy to that problem

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Mue

Wouldn't it be nice if he could slip in and replace Bouillon - doubt it though.

Mue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 03:59 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if he could slip in and replace Bouillon - doubt it though.
Dont overrate Boullon and do not underrate Emelin...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Schooner Guy

So is it Emelin or Yemelin?

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
So is it Emelin or Yemelin?

Emelin, it's just the pronounciation that is Yemelin.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 04:59 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
does anyone know if yemelin would need to sign an entry level contract or if he could sign for any amount for any lenght?

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Andy

... I would love to see Emelin sign with the habs as I am curious to see what he can offer. His physical style of play impresses me a lot and I hope he can bring that potential into the nhl.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 05-25-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/275219.html

hopefully he signs and most probably would need to have a secured spot in the top 6 to want to move to north america

he would really add toughness to our back end, something we desperately need, epecially if komisarek doesnt sign

So......what if he signs with the Habs? Does that really mean anything?

Wasn't Valentenko under contract with Montreal when he went back to Russia (during the season) to sign a contract with a team in the KHL?

Apparently, contracts meam nothing!

Personally, I wouldn't draft an eastern European player

GO HABS GO!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 06:30 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
So......what if he signs with the Habs? Does that really mean anything?

Wasn't Valentenko under contract with Montreal when he went back to Russia (during the season) to sign a contract with a team in the KHL?

Apparently, contracts meam nothing!

Personally, I wouldn't draft an eastern European player

GO HABS GO!
Yeah that's probably why you're not a scout then.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 06:45 PM
le_sean

Let's hope the kid can get signed. He would be a much better bottom-pairing option than O'Byrne, Brisebois or Bouillon. At least we know the talent is there.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 12:43 AM
LesCanadiens

let's hope this is signing is for real....the more competition at training camp, the better.....

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 05-25-2009 at 08:54 AM.
LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Emelin will bring grit, that's what we need, I don't understand the we need canadian not russian non sense. It's 2009 not 1960 wake up!

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
does anyone know if yemelin would need to sign an entry level contract or if he could sign for any amount for any lenght?
He recently turned 23 so he would have to sign a rookie contract, 2 years 2 way.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Brownies

I hope we'll be able to see what he can do over here, even tough his development so far is a bit disapointing.

Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 06:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
Hey gang, just started reading this...where'd all the Yemelin conversation go?
Last news. May 23rd 2009. Emelin close to sign with Habs. From Russianprospects.com.

Quote:
Breaking news: Alexei Emelin (Montreal Canadiens) close to sign with Montreal

It really looks like Alexei Emelin (Montreal Canadiens) is close to sign a contract with Montreal. The 23 years old player spent the last two season with Ak Bars Kazan, moving there from Lada Togliatti. The tough defenseman would be a welcome addition to the team who is reported to be in need of some grit in the own zone after this year's playoff failure. Let's remember that Emelin is currently without a contract for the 09-10 season and thus the transfer might well go through.
http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...?player_id=398

If the Mods want to end that thread, so be it. We'll restart one when we'll get new infos.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:28 AM
EurOConnEcton

Ty for update whitesnake, i hope we can see an official announcement of his signing in the next couple days. I have been waiting to long to see this guy make the jump over to NA. Its now or never for Emelin, i hope he understands that and decides to sign here and take the risk of trying to play in the nhl.

EurOConnEcton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Hey all, just a note that I've taken a stab at tidying this thread up into an exclusively-Emelin thread again, and I won't take kindly to any more of the off-topic material being continued here.

I moved that whole draft-origins debate into another thread, although there are still elements of that debate that aren't allowed on these boards either... if you want to go there and continue that debate, please keep it to the hockey players and draft analyses if you want, but the overly-political content will be deleted (when I get around to it... )...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=642874

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Last news. May 23rd 2009. Emelin close to sign with Habs. From Russianprospects.com.

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...?player_id=398

If the Mods want to end that thread, so be it. We'll restart one when we'll get new infos.
I wonder how many times will Mcguire say that Yemelin "was one of the best players not playing in the NHL" during a broadcast

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote