HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-clb

Old
05-24-2009, 12:34 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swamp View Post
To TOR: Nikita Filatov, LW

To CLB: TOR 2009 1st round pick, Anton Stralman, D and one of Matt Stajan, C or Alexei Ponikarovsky, LW

Reasoning: Leafs receive a sure thing in Nikita Filatov to help jump start the offense, and more importantly the franchise. Columbus receives the 7th overall pick in this year's draft which could be one of Evander Kane, Brayden Schenn or Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson if Phoenix opts to go with a defenseman at 6. Also, Columbus gets a quality top six forward in Stajan or Poni, while also helping their power play with a right handed shot in Stralman. All of Stajan, Poni, and Stralman are relatively young and cheap and can contribute to the team immediately and down the road.

Might be the time of day that makes my thinking so ill-advised, but what are your thoughts on this trade. Don't take this too seriously I'm probably stuck in either NHL 09 or fantasy league mode, and it's my first trade proposal and I know how people hate Leaf trades. What would the Leafs have to add other than Schenn for Jackets fans to even consider this?
Forgot.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 01:46 AM
maplejays62

Quote:
To TOR: Nikita Filatov, LW

To CLB: TOR 2009 1st round pick, Anton Stralman, D and one of Matt Stajan, C or Alexei Ponikarovsky, LW

Reasoning: Leafs receive a sure thing in Nikita Filatov to help jump start the offense, and more importantly the franchise. Columbus receives the 7th overall pick in this year's draft which could be one of Evander Kane, Brayden Schenn or Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson if Phoenix opts to go with a defenseman at 6. Also, Columbus gets a quality top six forward in Stajan or Poni, while also helping their power play with a right handed shot in Stralman. All of Stajan, Poni, and Stralman are relatively young and cheap and can contribute to the team immediately and down the road.

Might be the time of day that makes my thinking so ill-advised, but what are your thoughts on this trade. Don't take this too seriously I'm probably stuck in either NHL 09 or fantasy league mode, and it's my first trade proposal and I know how people hate Leaf trades. What would the Leafs have to add other than Schenn for Jackets fans to even consider this?
there is no way that the leafs would do this. i think that Kane, Schenn or Svennsson can just as good if nit better then Filatov

maplejays62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 04:38 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
I don't see a huge difference between good and great. Filatov is leaps and bounds ahead of Stralman and has a much higher ceiling. Top prospect in the show would have been more appropriate than great. But now I'm just being an a** about the definition of words. I just see a great prospect as someone like Thomas Hickey, not a top prospect like Filatov who is truly something special.
The point i was trying to make (which you obviously missed) was that NOONE was comparing Filatov and Stralman, AT ALL. This trade the way i see it is more Filatov for 1st + Stralman +.., and not Filatov for Stralman +1st +.. . No comparations between Stralman and Filatov were made in this thread at all, except you. We all know Filatov is much better prospect. Noone said they were close.

suprvilce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 04:45 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I had no idea you posted here. Welcome to the boards, JFJ.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 05:04 AM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
I think top blue chip prospects need to be going the other way for Columbus to agree to this. And Brayden Schenn or MSP...etc arent the kind of prospects that will get you Filatov. And I don't think utility players like Stralman and Stajan will make up the difference for a potential star, but hey just an opinion.
Stralman is a utility player? Thats like saying Max Pacioretty is a utility player.... or wait he's a Habs prospect, what was I thinking, he's blue chip.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote