HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Draft Talk.Live From Montreal Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
All Draft Talk.Live From Montreal Part 3

Continue here

Part II here,

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=631237

Part I here,

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=4946862009

Last edited by montreal: 05-23-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old
05-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Kadri said. "It'll be different after rocking a Habs jersey my whole life but no, Toronto would be awesome."

http://lfpress.ca/cgi-bin/publish.cg...cles&s=knights

Old
05-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
MTLHabsAK46,

I read that line from Dumont yesterday, my post about Dumont on the 4th round was earlier. I do have the right to change my mind right?

Besides, I said he "might". I didn't do my top 5 for each pick yet. And won't do it soon. There's too many candidates on my list so far.

Old
05-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
MTLHabsAK46,

I read that line from Dumont yesterday, my post about Dumont on the 4th round was earlier. I do have the right to change my mind right?

Besides, I said he "might". I didn't do my top 5 for each pick yet. And won't do it soon. There's too many candidates on my list so far.
Na, I was just messing. That was why I had the smily at the end.

I was enamored with him before that line. He has the fire we need. Kind of looks like a Timmins pick too. Fortier and Lapierre projected as solid role players that were all effort. I hope Dumont's available for our second 3rd rounder.

Old
05-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
I said it last year with others, I'll say it this year. We should take Janus if he's available in the later rounds.

Old
05-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Na, I was just messing. That was why I had the smily at the end.

I was enamored with him before that line. He has the fire we need. Kind of looks like a Timmins pick too. Fortier and Lapierre projected as solid role players that were all effort. I hope Dumont's available for our second 3rd rounder.
Got the first smiley, missed the 2nd one....

Clearly, if we would to get him sooner, it would be with the 2nd one. But if I base my list on the CSS list, I already have a whole lot of names that might not include Dumont on it. I'll tell you, this look like a great year of good talents at least for the first 4 rounds which would be pretty good to say the least.

Old
05-23-2009, 02:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
MTLHabsAK46,

I'd be pissed if they took Dumont with the 2nd 3rd rounder at 79th, maybe in the 5th round, but he's got a small frame for the style he plays and lacks speed. Lot of heart but I hope the Habs can do a lot better at 79th. Guess we'll see in 4 weeks.

Old
05-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
I'd be pissed if they took Dumont with the 2nd 3rd rounder at 79th, maybe in the 5th round, but he's got a small frame for the style he plays and lacks speed. Lot of heart but I hope the Habs can do a lot better at 79th. Guess we'll see in 4 weeks.
I can tell you right now that he's way more speedy than what he showed in the Mem Cup and surely due to his injuries. He definately has more jump. I saw him quite a whole lot during the season and he's got a really strong upper body while the legs could need some work. But he has a fine balance already.

Like I was saying before, I see him more with our 4th rounder. But I was a whole lot impressed when I read the quantity of injuries he had to battle with and not only does it show to me that he's dedicated but also that he didn't look out of place against tougher competition while being hurt like he was.

I still need to put my list in place though....a whole lot of guys are my favorites at this point....Chances are I won't be making any mistakes 'cause I'll have a top 100 for each pick....

Old
05-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
I do feel he could good be a good value pick at 79th. Kind of a Chad Larose player. May top 20 goals on good seasons.

I do hope Hanowski's available for our first third. The kid's got skills.

Old
05-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
I can tell you right now that he's way more speedy than what he showed in the Mem Cup and surely due to his injuries. He definately has more jump. I saw him quite a whole lot during the season and he's got a really strong upper body while the legs could need some work. But he has a fine balance already.

Like I was saying before, I see him more with our 4th rounder. But I was a whole lot impressed when I read the quantity of injuries he had to battle with and not only does it show to me that he's dedicated but also that he didn't look out of place against tougher competition while being hurt like he was.

I still need to put my list in place though....a whole lot of guys are my favorites at this point....Chances are I won't be making any mistakes 'cause I'll have a top 100 for each pick....
Actualy he still had a good speed in the Mem.

Old
05-23-2009, 04:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

I did see the Volts a couple times early in the season but didn't notice him, so I mainly only saw him in the playoffs against the Cats and at the M cup. I didn't know he was injured though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
I do feel he could good be a good value pick at 79th. Kind of a Chad Larose player. May top 20 goals on good seasons.

I do hope Hanowski's available for our first third. The kid's got skills.
I would hope that the Habs can land something much better at 79th but we'll have to see how it shakes out, guess I'm just not that big of a fan of him. If he's a 20 goal scorer in the NHL, I'd be shocked from the few times I've seen, but if so good for him, if he's a Hab, even better.

Hanowski I've seen and he's ok, 3rd round seems about right. He played in a weaker conference in the Minnesota USHS (same for Joey Benik, both are going to SCSU, both ripped it up this year) I like guys like Budish, Lee and Nick Leddy more but wouldn't mind if we got Hanowski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I didn't think his speed was all that good but I didn't know he had all those injuries.

Old
05-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
I didn't think his speed was all that good but I didn't know he had all those injuries.
When will you get your real avy, title and name back?

Old
05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Habnot

The more I read on Leblanc the more I'm convinced he has the potential of being a special player and if you can get one of those with the 18th pick, you pull the trigger. We can afford to take a riskier pick with a higher upside.

I have seen Louis play since Atom. Every level he played he excelled, and by excelled best on his team. There as never been a drop off in his production nor his impact. A character guy, plays with a chip on his shoulder, great skater, gets his nose dirty and home grown talent.

Also, compared to Krieder and Holland - a much safer bet. You git to love Krieder's size but he has not played in a top league. I am wary of choosing players from Prep Schools - too many weak teams. As for Holland, too many comments that he takes nights off. We don't need another floater.

Old
05-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Surely he did. But he's faster than that and his first steps are quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
The more I read on Leblanc the more I'm convinced he has the potential of being a special player and if you can get one of those with the 18th pick, you pull the trigger. We can afford to take a riskier pick with a higher upside.
I might be overrating him but for the 5ish times I saw him, he reminded me of a mix of Claude Giroux and David Perron. So if you find a mix of Giroux-Perron, it can't be a bad player. He's not going to initiate a whole lot of contacts, but he doesn't fear them at all and will pay the price. Knack for the net, great vision.

Last edited by montreal: 05-24-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old
05-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Habnot

Quote:
I might be overrating him but for the 5ish times I saw him, he reminded me of a mix of Claude Giroux and David Perron. So if you find a mix of Giroux-Perron, it can't be a bad player. He's not going to initiate a whole lot of contacts, but he doesn't fear them at all and will pay the price. Knack for the net, great vision.
Quite a bit nastier that either Giroux or Perron. In his last year Midget AAA he was one of the most penalized players for the Lions. Doesn't take any crap.

Old
05-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
We might be able to. Our forwards are young, but left in the system aren't really anything special, or even good enough to fall back on. Chipchura, Trotter, Maxwell, Trunev (I don't include pacs as I believe there's a good possbility he makes the team) Nothing that really says we can take a chance.

On the other hand, we still have pacs, S&A Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Lapierre, Pleks, Higgins and other young guys that should still be around, if the team decides so in the next 3 years, so maybe we could.

Old
05-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Quite a bit nastier that either Giroux or Perron. In his last year Midget AAA he was one of the most penalized players for the Lions. Doesn't take any crap.
Well he has the offensive game of both guys as far as vision and scoring abilities. As far as nasty or not, well I saw like I said 5 games and while he's not a soft player, I have never seen that grit that everybody is talking about and surely not a nasty side to his game. Then it was only 5 games. Like I said before, I saw him never minding the rough game, taking a hit, using his balance to get away from players with the puck despite being hit and so on....but initiating tons of hits and being a bit nasty? Definately not on the games I saw play in this year. And for whoever saw a little bit of Perron this year, he's not soft by any means either. Go in the traffic and take the beating. Not an initiator but definately not a softie either. Even towards the end of the year, he started to try to be more physical as far as initiating is concerned. So while some have portrayed him as soft, he's nowhere near that anymore.

Old
05-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Le depisteur

Woodlief, from Red Line, ranks Leblanc at 10th position...

Louis Leblanc— His firewagon brand of hockey reminds us of the great old Habs teams. Plays with speed, fire, passion, and elan. Plus he's got a world of skill and a nice physical edginess.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...e-report_N.htm

Old
05-24-2009, 02:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Also, compared to Krieder and Holland - a much safer bet. You git to love Krieder's size but he has not played in a top league. I am wary of choosing players from Prep Schools - too many weak teams..
The Habs have had good luck with the USHS kids, Higgins, Komisarek, Pacioretty, plus McDonagh could be in the nhl a year or so from now with Fischer not too far behind him. Plus I could see Stejskal perhaps getting there as well, and others like Conboy, Kristo hopefully make it as well. So it appears the Habs US scouts have a good eye for talent, so I have no problem if that continues at this draft.

Quote:
I guess it's all about catching the player at the right time, when I saw him, he had zero physical game, I don't recall him throwing one hit in any of the 3 games I saw. But if he's the Habs guy then so be it.

Old
05-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Mustafa*

The more i read about Leblanc, the more i think he would be the way of the future for the Habs. We shouldn't pass on that one, maybe it will turn out that Gainey can't make it happen, NHL is quite a hard place to maneuvre but if he does he might just have changed the future of the Habs.

Old
05-24-2009, 02:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
The more i read about Leblanc, the more i think he would be the way of the future for the Habs. We shouldn't pass on that one, maybe it will turn out that Gainey can't make it happen, NHL is quite a hard place to maneuvre but if he does he might just have changed the future of the Habs.
Have you seen him play?

Old
05-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Have you seen him play?
No, nither have seen anyone outside of the Q, the frozen four and the Mem cup, and i'm not that good to evaluate player, even when i see them play. That's why i pointed out "read". But i'm still going to be anoying about him, the reports are just too good.

Old
05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
No, nither have seen anyone outside of the Q, the frozen four and the Mem cup, and i'm not that good to evaluate player, even when i see them play. That's why i pointed out "read". But i'm still going to be anoying about him, the reports are just too good.
So you don't think it's a bit much to say he might change the future of the Habs? I mean reading prospect reports is pointless since so many make players sound like they are going to be great. Not saying he will or won't but I find it hard to form a strong opinion off reading things.

Old
05-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
So you don't think it's a bit much to say he might change the future of the Habs? I mean reading prospect reports is pointless since so many make players sound like they are going to be great. Not saying he will or won't but I find it hard to form a strong opinion off reading things.
I've been drinking since 12pm.

Old
05-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

If people are really interested in watching Leblanc play before they have an opinion on him.....just click on this link and watch it. Click on the hockey tab, and then look for the USHL tab.

www.b2cabletv.com

Problem is that the schedule that is provided seems to not be right at all. So click on the link and check it once in a while. You will have an Omaha game at one point. Leblanc wears #17. If I happen to check when he's playing, I'll let you guys know and probably create a thread for it. I mean there's so many talks about Leblanc while most people haven't seen him 1 game. It might be interesting to at least see him.

Edit: Seems to me that the schedule is 1 game late. It says that that at 5:10PM it should be Indiana vs Cedar while at the NOW PLAYING, it's the Sioux Falls vs Lincoln game that just started. So if it stays that way, if they don't fix the schedule, the next Omaha games, at a nice time, is schedule to be this coming Friday around 9PM 'cause the rest of the broadcasts are either in the middle of the night, or in the mornings during the week. There is Tuesday where the game should be aired around 5PM if you are at home or can catch the game. Note though that all the Omaha games that you see on the schedule are the same game that was played April 12th.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-24-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Closed Thread