HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Draft Talk.Live From Montreal Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2009, 04:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Comparable to last year Colin Wilson?
No much thicker

Old
05-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I don't really care who we pick but I have a strong preference for good skaters and high skilled guys. Please stay away from shut down forwards or players with skating issues for our first round pick.

Examples if available:

-Fs: Chris Kreider and Louis Leblanc.
-Ds: David Rundblad and John Moore.
Trevor is that you?

So does the Habs org. And those picks would be great. People should take a look at the b2cabletv.com link and see a game that includes John Moore. People will start to like him.

Old
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
With Budish it's his size that likely attracts people, I saw him this year do an interview while watching his team play, man his he freaking huge, looks like football player, very thick frame.
That's because he is a football player. Although I have absolutely no idea why he blew out his knee playing high school football. Starting as a first round prospect at the beginning of this year you'd think he would be focusing on hockey.

Old
05-26-2009, 05:14 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
How about Carl Klingberg, slated to go 37th overall by The Hockey News? A 6'3" right-shooting hard-hitting forward with a touch around the net.

"Klingberg is a lightning fast skater with great acceleration as well as top speed. He has good size and strength and uses this to his advantage. Work ethic is good and so is his attitude. Furthermore, he has good hockey sense and technical skills and is able to set up as well as finish play. Has the potential to become a high scoring player in the future, but could also be used a a role player."

link

Sounds promising, any thoughts?
Well, it's going to be tough since he played only 9-10 games and might not have played in the games that I have. But if he did, I'll come back with a report.

Old
05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thanks.

Any chance you try to watch these players?

LINKOPING : #4 - Dennis Bozic - D (Seems to be Niklas Torp V.2)
BRYNAS : #? - Simon Bertilsson - D (Not listed on Brynas roster but that's where he played....he looks like a really interesting prospect)
DJUARGARDEN: #40 - Jacob Josefson - C (Well clearly one of the most interesting prospect if he falls to our spot. A skilled centerman, with great balance and agility who had a really bad World Juniors, but a much better U-18 and has to be considered as a 1st rounder) and:

#? - Alexander Urbom - D (Doesn't seem to be in the roster but played there last year)

#37 - Henrik Eriksson - C (Might never be a top 6 player, but could he be useful on a 3rd line? Seems that he's a great team player and great leader)

TIMRA: #51 - Anton Lander - C/LW - (Really interesting player that should be gone in the first 2 rounds. Great mix of a complete hockey player)

If you can, it would be nice. If not, you're still nice....
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=988

There is a little tidbit on Lander.

Old
05-26-2009, 05:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
That's because he is a football player. Although I have absolutely no idea why he blew out his knee playing high school football. Starting as a first round prospect at the beginning of this year you'd think he would be focusing on hockey.
It's my understanding he was highly touted as a football player as well, so I guess there was some thought he may want to go that route. Not sure, I know that was the case for his teammate Anders Lee (teammate on both hockey and football) but I don't if that goes for Budish as well.

Old
05-26-2009, 09:45 PM
BlackMarvel

Quote:
With Budish it's his size that likely attracts people, I saw him this year do an interview while watching his team play, man his he freaking huge, looks like football player, very thick frame.
I haven't followed him around much as I've been trying to cut the hockey watching to get better marks. I remember reading somewhere that he chose hockey over football recently and I was wondering if he was another one of these players who only picked up hockey as a hobby in high school to realize that they were actually good at it. I find that hockey sense is usually lacking with the types of players

Old
05-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=988

There is a little tidbit on Lander.
Thanks.

Old
05-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Le depisteur

Habs could trade up to grab Leblanc...
http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...7-1577341.html

Red Line puts him 10th, but The Hockey News, 29th...

Old
05-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Roulin

Quote:

I was against picking Leblanc at #18 for a while. Mostly because Werek, Ferraro and Morin appear to have more offensive upside. But the more reports we hear about Leblanc and Josefson as complete players, the more I'm warming up to one of these guys being groomed as Koivu's successor, as far as taking key faceoffs, playing against tough opposition, and generally making sure the puck stays at the right end of the ice.

Old
05-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Genghis Keon

Quote:

The last part is pretty interesting: "Même si Kristo a plus de talent que Leblanc, je crois que ce dernier est mieux préparé et il a un désir de s'améliorer qui est incomparable. Je serais vraiment étonné s'il ne devenait pas un bon joueur dans la Ligue nationale."

Again, it speaks to Leblanc's apparent attitude ("an incomparable desire to improve"), but Leblanc's coach thinks Kristo has more talent? Should we be more excited about Kristo than we generally are (after all, by all accounts Leblanc is a pretty talented guy) or what does this say about Leblanc's talent level (no disrespect to Kristo)? Leblanc seems to be a "whole is greater than the sum of the parts" kind of player, but I thought the sum of the parts was pretty good in its own right. Or am I just reading the quote wrong? Is it more of a "even if Kristo is more talented than Leblanc--and I'm not necessarily saying he is--I believe the latter is..." because his coach is commenting about Leblanc's attitude, not necessarily his talent?

Old
05-27-2009, 03:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis Keon View Post
The last part is pretty interesting: "Même si Kristo a plus de talent que Leblanc, je crois que ce dernier est mieux préparé et il a un désir de s'améliorer qui est incomparable. Je serais vraiment étonné s'il ne devenait pas un bon joueur dans la Ligue nationale."

Again, it speaks to Leblanc's apparent attitude ("an incomparable desire to improve"), but Leblanc's coach thinks Kristo has more talent? Should we be more excited about Kristo than we generally are (after all, by all accounts Leblanc is a pretty talented guy) or what does this say about Leblanc's talent level (no disrespect to Kristo)? Leblanc seems to be a "whole is greater than the sum of the parts" kind of player, but I thought the sum of the parts was pretty good in its own right. Or am I just reading the quote wrong? Is it more of a "even if Kristo is more talented than Leblanc--and I'm not necessarily saying he is--I believe the latter is..." because his coach is commenting about Leblanc's attitude, not necessarily his talent?
Yes. Kristo if he can bulk up could turn into something decent for us in time, he's fast as hell, and is a shooter which we lack. But since he was still in high school this year, he's likely a ways away yet still, so we'll have to wait and see what kind of progress he makes.

Old
05-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Sorry if this has been discussed and sorry to change tempo, but any word on when the tickets might be available ? I've been away from here for a while and missed most things. I am looking forward to going to my second consecutive draft. It felt like home in Ottawa, but it will really be home in Montréal!

Old
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Budish is now going to Minnesota in the Fall, he was slated to go to the USHL for one year and then go to Minnesota since he missed an entire season, but it's been confirmed, he's going to the NCAA next year.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...tml?page=1&c=y

Old
05-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Yes. Kristo if he can bulk up could turn into something decent for us in time, he's fast as hell, and is a shooter which we lack. But since he was still in high school this year, he's likely a ways away yet still, so we'll have to wait and see what kind of progress he makes.
I hope people are already prepare to call Kristo the next Ryder....he doesn't necessarily loves to pass and will get his tons of shots in nets from everywhere. But if most of his shots are translated in goals, well, he could eat the puck as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Old
05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Budish is now going to Minnesota in the Fall, he was slated to go to the USHL for one year and then go to Minnesota since he missed an entire season, but it's been confirmed, he's going to the NCAA next year.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...tml?page=1&c=y
Good news. It increases his stock in my book.

When will you change your name, mate?

Quote:
I hope people are already prepare to call Kristo the next Ryder....he doesn't necessarily loves to pass and will get his tons of shots in nets from everywhere. But if most of his shots are translated in goals, well, he could eat the puck as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned.
He's much faster than Ryder, so it's definitely closer to a Jason Blake type of player.

Old
05-28-2009, 02:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I wish he had Ryder's shot/release but yea he's a shooter for sure. Now just think what if Ryder had Kristo's speed, yikes. Plus Kristo at least appears to be better in his own end although we'll have to see how much he can bulk up over the next 3-4 years.

Old
05-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
He's much faster than Ryder, so it's definitely closer to a Jason Blake type of player.
I know. Was just saying that so we'd be prepare to hear some people to say how he eats the puck and doesn't like to pass it 'cause that's Kristo for you. Though I think he improved as the year passed by.

Old
05-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
I see Kristo as more of a checker/scorer combination than a pure sniper like Ryder, who needs to play with offensive players to be effective.

Kristo's speed, good defensive awareness and his ability to find good scoring spots make him a more versatile option than Ryder was. I don't think he has the same scoring touch that Ryder had.

Old
05-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Habnot

Quote:
I know. Was just saying that so we'd be prepare to hear some people to say how he eats the puck and doesn't like to pass it 'cause that's Kristo for you. Though I think he improved as the year passed by.
I think Kristo is getting a very rough ride on these boards. He made Team USA as the youngest or second youngest player on the squad, and as the tournament progressed he got more ice and PK responsibilities. That does not translate to Ryder nor Blake for that matter. If I was to compare him, as a player not ceiling necessary, Zetterberg is a better comparison.

Old
05-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
I think Kristo is getting a very rough ride on these boards. He made Team USA as the youngest or second youngest player on the squad, and as the tournament progressed he got more ice and PK responsibilities. That does not translate to Ryder nor Blake for that matter. If I was to compare him, as a player not ceiling necessary, Zetterberg is a better comparison.
I actually like the Blake one...I think they are really similar. I wouldn't mind if he end up anything close to that. At worst, he'll be useful as a speedy player who will create things with his speed, and who will be valuable on the PK...

Old
05-28-2009, 04:11 PM
DaHabMan

well close to a lombardi in that case, a 3rd liner....i like that. Is he a heart and soul type of player though??

Old
05-28-2009, 04:18 PM
JohnnyReb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
well close to a lombardi in that case, a 3rd liner....i like that. Is he a heart and soul type of player though??
He's had attitude problems in the past. Hopefully he's outgrown that.

Old
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Habsfan18

does anyone have any info on this?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=646241

Old
05-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Mathletic

not relevant for this draft but ... Canada U-18 roster camp is out

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...05/la_id/1.htm

15 – OHL
13 – WHL
11 – QMJHL
1 – Other (SJHL)

it's good to see that it's about the same for every league, I'll say it first in case someone wants to start with the hey those damn quebec guys who always complain blah blah blah

Ben Hanowski feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swZS_...layer_embedded

I just read the hockey news draft preview, wow no Avtsyn in the top 100 and Hanowski in the 3d round. I never read their previews before, are they generally in the ballpark or are they all over the place?

Last edited by Mathletic: 05-28-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Closed Thread