HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - Columbus

Old
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 500
Ottawa - Columbus

Props to aragorn for this proposal

CLB 1st Round Pick in 09

Chris Kelly, Alexandre Picard, CLB 2nd (47th)

Ottawa gets another 1st round pick and sheds salary

Columbus adds a great shutdown centerman who had a bad year, a future top 4 defenseman who is stuck on a crowded D-lineup and a mid-2nd round pick

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Jonas1235

No deal.

Columbus will only part with a 1st round pick if it's for a superstar player. They do not have alot of good prospects outside of Filatov. They also do not need another average NHL defensemen.

They will look to get a top defensemen in free-agency or at the draft.

Kelly for a 3rd round pick might be more feasible.

Jonas1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

And why Colombus do that?

He played for Agnew so there could be some interest but they are not giving their first for Chris Kelly and the chance to dress two Alex Picard.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:01 AM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas1235 View Post
No deal.

Columbus will only part with a 1st round pick if it's for a superstar player. They do not have alot of good prospects outside of Filatov. They also do not need another average NHL defensemen.

A mid first rounder won't land you a superstar at all, deep draft or not. I'm not sure they are considered prospects anymore but Columbus has loads of youth talent in Filatov, Mason, Voracek and Brassard and those are just the big name ones, if i had the energy to look they probably have some other Nhl caliber players in their system.
I don't think Columbus agrees to this, but trading for Picard wouldn't be that bad a move. Playing against Montreal this year he impressed me and if you hadn't noticed top defenseman dont normally flock to Columbus via free agency...unless you count Commodore

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Ishdul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
A mid first rounder won't land you a superstar at all, deep draft or not. I'm not sure they are considered prospects anymore but Columbus has loads of youth talent in Filatov, Mason, Voracek and Brassard and those are just the big name ones, if i had the energy to look they probably have some other Nhl caliber players in their system.
I don't think Columbus agrees to this, but trading for Picard wouldn't be that bad a move. Playing against Montreal this year he impressed me and if you hadn't noticed top defenseman dont normally flock to Columbus via free agency...unless you count Commodore
Picard just isn't that good though. He's not a top defenseman by any definition and a mid-first in a deep draft is a pretty steep price to pay for a guy who shouldn't really be in anyone's top 4.

Ishdul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:17 AM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishdul View Post
Picard just isn't that good though. He's not a top defenseman by any definition and a mid-first in a deep draft is a pretty steep price to pay for a guy who shouldn't really be in anyone's top 4.
Im not saying Columbus should do it at all. Im just saying that Columbus isn't gonna get Bouwmeester or Komisarek come July 1. And that in the 6 full games i saw Picard play in this year, i didn't seem to think he was that bad. Top 4, debatable, but not the worst d man ever. Although back to the original proposal, terrible for Columbus

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:25 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Columbus doesnt do that, and neither do Ottawa. Another great penalty killer leaving us, a 2nd and a pretty good scoring defenceman. And I don't think that Columbus gets rid of their 1st

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:36 AM
HSF

it wont happen

though i like Picard, his shot is wicked, he has the best slapper after Heater

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 08:35 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
columbus has no incentive to trade down, especially for that package. they already have a lot of great youth; another high quality player from this deep draft would be a great addition to the core. i like picard, but whoever the blue jackets pick in the draft is likely to be much better than him.

does cbus even need a shutdown centerman?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Redline

An established quality puckmoving d-man is what the jackets should seek if they shop their 1st.

Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Dick Whitman

As a Sens fan, I'd rather go down with the ship on Picard than give him away too soon. Another first round pick would be nice but that's clearly not the direction Murray wants to go with this team.

We're more likely to see Ottawa move the #9 pick instead of acquiring another first rounder. This team isn't in rebuilding mode, it's in retooling mode.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 09:59 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
does cbus even need a shutdown centerman?
Depending on what happens with Manny Malhotra, they may. Granted, Malhotra isn't at the level of a Chris Kelly or a Sammi Pahlsson but he is a very good defensive center who is great on the PK. But if they can't resign him, they'd be in the market for someone like Kelly. The trade proposed by the OP isn't one that the Jackets would do however.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
An established quality puckmoving d-man is what the jackets should seek if they shop their 1st.
This!

I think Columbus will stand pat and draft at 16th (unless Anaheim makes it to the finals then it will be 15th). Howson is a big believer in building through the draft and with no 2nd round pick it would take a heck of a player, peferrably a d-man of the offensive variety, for him to move it. I won't rule out trading down a few spots in the 1st though.

As mentioned above, the Jackets could be in the market for a shutdown center if Manny doesn't re-sign. I don't think they neccesarily need to trade for a replacement should he decide to bolt... (puts on Captain Obvious hat) - it will all depend on what's available for what price come July 1st.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 03:27 PM
parressh

I'm not sure if I am recalling the NHL rules correctly, but I'm pretty sure each team can only have one Alex Picard in their organization. Either that or they both have to wear the same number and can't be on the ice at the same time.

parressh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
jamiebez

Quote:
Originally Posted by parressh View Post
I'm not sure if I am recalling the NHL rules correctly, but I'm pretty sure each team can only have one Alex Picard in their organization. Either that or they both have to wear the same number and can't be on the ice at the same time.
Just the opposite, in fact.

They must wear the same number and always be on the ice at the same time. When "Alex Picard" is on the ice, they are allowed to have 6 skaters out instead of 5.

This could be the key to the deal for Columbus. Imagine how well Hitchcock could trap with 6 guys on the ice!

jamiebez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 09:57 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas1235 View Post
No deal.

Columbus could get an Umberger type player for their pick. At best, I'd say.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
Columbus could get an Umberger type player for their pick. At best, I'd say.
I don't think he meant for ONLY the pick, as everyone seems to be assuming. The pick would obviously be in addition to other assets if we're getting a superstar in return.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 10:20 PM
shadow1

Columbus has enough shut down centermen. And Picard is pretty useless, at least to Columbus; they need a puck mover who can score 40+ points.

Awful deal.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 12:51 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Props to aragorn for this proposal

CLB 1st Round Pick in 09

Chris Kelly, Alexandre Picard, CLB 2nd (47th)

Ottawa gets another 1st round pick and sheds salary

Columbus adds a great shutdown centerman who had a bad year, a future top 4 defenseman who is stuck on a crowded D-lineup and a mid-2nd round pick
Nope

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Nope
Love this guy, pulls a trade proposal out of oblivion that hasn't been replied to in 11 days to say "Nope." Absolute gold.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote