HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers-Stars

Old
05-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I'm not saying I'd deal Eriksson. I'd rather deal Neal than him honestly but as far as Edmonton proposals go I wouldn't settle more much less than this. Though the names of some of the players could change.

To Edmonton: Eriksson

To Dallas: Grebeshkov, Petry, Edmonton's 1st.
Thats a lot to give up for a guy that only has one good season under his belt.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I'm not saying I'd deal Eriksson. I'd rather deal Neal than him honestly but as far as Edmonton proposals go I wouldn't settle more much less than this. Though the names of some of the players could change.

To Edmonton: Eriksson

To Dallas: Grebeshkov, Petry, Edmonton's 1st.
I doubt Edmonton does this... even if it is Eriksson. It's not set in stone if Eriksson can duplicate his stats again. Also, the Oilers fans have no clue if Eriksson will find chemistry with Hemsky or whoever like he did with Richards. Way too much of a gamble for Edmonton.

It works the same for Dallas. Grebeshkov had a career year in pts and +/- but it remains to be seen if he can stay consistent. He would look great with Zubov or Niskanen though. Then there's the unproven prospect (I don't know much about this prospect) and as for the the 1st rd pick... It really depends on how desperate Edmonton wants a versatile top 6 forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Thats a lot to give up for a guy that only has one good season under his belt.
Well apparently Edmonton wants a line of pure scoring and when teams are desperate they overpay. I think that's what it would take to pry Eriksson out of Dallas.

The same can be said about Grebeshkov who also has one good season.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote