HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you like Daganais!

View Poll Results: Do you like Daganais!
Yes 39 27.66%
No 102 72.34%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2004, 02:10 PM
  #26
Boardish
Registered User
 
Boardish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
But Bure was able to skate, and create is own scoring chances. If you want Dagenais to put the puck in, you've got to pass into the slot

Boardish is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 02:52 PM
  #27
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Come to think of it, considering how he acted towards Dowd, I don't like him as a person either! :p
I hate when people bring this up, because it is such a BS argument. Would you have recognised Dowd before he played for the habs?

Probably just a human error by Dagenais, cut him some slack.

felixd is online now  
Old
03-24-2004, 02:54 PM
  #28
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
i dont know the person but i HATE the player

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 03:11 PM
  #29
StanleyCH25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
I don't like his attitude.
I like his slapshot.

He's unidimensional and borderline useful/useless as many have pointed out. He has the ability to be your game winning man with a nice blast but also has the ability to be the reason you lost because Mr Dagenais didn't feel like skating back or picking up his man. He's lazy and only looks to position himself for a shot. I also dislike the way he seems to play a dirty game (rubbing his stick in Marchment's face.. was it Marchment?).

Anyways, he's filler material. If others aren't producing to their potential, he kicks in their spot but don't be surprised if he's left behind in crucial games where we've already got the lead.

StanleyCH25 is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 04:48 PM
  #30
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
IMO I like the guy... I mean I know he's got some holes in his game, but His shot is what makes him an NHL'er... I mean, this guy is on a 30 goal clip this year... That's pretty good, and it also should be noted that Claude Julien knows how to utilize his talent, as does Mikey Ribeiro. So long as he stays in the more goals than goals against... this guy has done his job. He also is not scared to take the hits, and has the size to absorb them very well... There have been a few successful NHL'ers that have the same problem as our big guy Dags... Ray Sheppard, Dave Andreychuk to name a few.... Dagenais may say he's no longer a project, he's only half right... IMO Dagenais needs to do some intense training. Not just physically but he's gotta take a few lessons from Andreychuk's game (Who's game I played similar too when I was a player.. ) He's gotta get some hockey sense, to read plays, and not know where the puck is going... But where it's going next. Size (6-5) says he can handle some abuse in front of the net, just like Andrey does... and pop in those shots that are saved by the goalie... Because with Dag's speed, people WILL have a tendancy to overlook him. Also... In summer training, I'd like him to gain an extra gear, and perhaps 10 pds for this role I describe. I like the guy, but he's still a project IMO... One that can pay off though.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 04:50 PM
  #31
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickingyerface
I don't dislike the guy at all.

Fact .. you can't win games without scoring goals

Fact.. he has more goals than most of our forwards
Fact #3: Not a lot of our forwards played with Ribs and Zednik/Ryder all season long.

Dutchy is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 05:29 PM
  #32
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
IMO I like the guy... I mean I know he's got some holes in his game, but His shot is what makes him an NHL'er... I mean, this guy is on a 30 goal clip this year... That's pretty good, and it also should be noted that Claude Julien knows how to utilize his talent, as does Mikey Ribeiro. So long as he stays in the more goals than goals against... this guy has done his job. He also is not scared to take the hits, and has the size to absorb them very well... There have been a few successful NHL'ers that have the same problem as our big guy Dags... Ray Sheppard, Dave Andreychuk to name a few.... Dagenais may say he's no longer a project, he's only half right... IMO Dagenais needs to do some intense training. Not just physically but he's gotta take a few lessons from Andreychuk's game (Who's game I played similar too when I was a player.. ) He's gotta get some hockey sense, to read plays, and not know where the puck is going... But where it's going next. Size (6-5) says he can handle some abuse in front of the net, just like Andrey does... and pop in those shots that are saved by the goalie... Because with Dag's speed, people WILL have a tendancy to overlook him. Also... In summer training, I'd like him to gain an extra gear, and perhaps 10 pds for this role I describe. I like the guy, but he's still a project IMO... One that can pay off though.
Excellent post, I have to agree with everything you say!

Except you use IMO too much, which makes me angry
People shouldn't have to tell other people that it's their opinion when they're talking, it kind of goes without saying. Anyway, I'm just rambling, i guess it's one of my "pet peeves"

felixd is online now  
Old
03-24-2004, 05:34 PM
  #33
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Robitaille can't skate put he have other talents like that crazy one-timer!!!
Dagenais can't skate and he's for sure a one-trick poney I prefer Audette than this big slow soft ugly player.

EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 05:40 PM
  #34
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Excellent post, I have to agree with everything you say!

Except you use IMO too much, which makes me angry
People shouldn't have to tell other people that it's their opinion when they're talking, it kind of goes without saying. Anyway, I'm just rambling, i guess it's one of my "pet peeves"
Im glad some agree that Dagenais is not a waste of skin (many attest to this philosophy around here )

As for the IMO thing... I guess it's habit... You're right though I should get it out of my head, as it is routine in my post... But I never really realized that it would've been obvious that it's just my opinion It does make sense though. So I'll try to not use it anymore.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
  #35
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I hate when people bring this up, because it is such a BS argument. Would you have recognised Dowd before he played for the habs?

Probably just a human error by Dagenais, cut him some slack.
lol
Didn't you notice the "stick out tongue" smilie at the end of my sentence? It was only a joke, don't take it personal...

monte pas su tes grands chevaux

didjuicythat is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
  #36
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Fact #3: Not a lot of our forwards played with Ribs and Zednik/Ryder all season long.
I see that point Dutch, but most of those other guys could'nt score 15 goals in 44 games... Not many NHL'ers can do that regardless of who they are playing beside. But to be a +12 to boot, I know it's not a testament to defensive play, but it does show that his line does try to be responsible.

Ribs utilized Dags skill as much as Dags used his... I mean, Dags nickname is 'Weapon' because he's like the bazooka... He's slow, hard to manouver, but when he shoots... A high percentage gets to where it should be. That is a great talent in it's own right.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
03-24-2004, 06:18 PM
  #37
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan

monte pas su tes grands chevaux
aaa scuse... mais c'est que y'en a qui en ont fait tout un plat de cette affaire la et j'etais pas sur si tu niaisais.

mais scuse 'no harm meant'

felixd is online now  
Old
03-24-2004, 07:05 PM
  #38
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Combine Dagenais size and hands with Begin's heart and physicality and you end up with one of the most dominate power forwards in the NHL.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.