HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you like Daganais!

View Poll Results: Do you like Daganais!
Yes 39 27.66%
No 102 72.34%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Boardish

vCash: 500
But Bure was able to skate, and create is own scoring chances. If you want Dagenais to put the puck in, you've got to pass into the slot

Old
03-24-2004, 02:52 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Come to think of it, considering how he acted towards Dowd, I don't like him as a person either! :p
I hate when people bring this up, because it is such a BS argument. Would you have recognised Dowd before he played for the habs?

Probably just a human error by Dagenais, cut him some slack.

Old
03-24-2004, 02:54 PM
#44_delivers

i dont know the person but i HATE the player

Old
03-24-2004, 03:11 PM
StanleyCH25

I don't like his attitude.
I like his slapshot.

He's unidimensional and borderline useful/useless as many have pointed out. He has the ability to be your game winning man with a nice blast but also has the ability to be the reason you lost because Mr Dagenais didn't feel like skating back or picking up his man. He's lazy and only looks to position himself for a shot. I also dislike the way he seems to play a dirty game (rubbing his stick in Marchment's face.. was it Marchment?).

Anyways, he's filler material. If others aren't producing to their potential, he kicks in their spot but don't be surprised if he's left behind in crucial games where we've already got the lead.

Old
03-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Marchy79

IMO I like the guy... I mean I know he's got some holes in his game, but His shot is what makes him an NHL'er... I mean, this guy is on a 30 goal clip this year... That's pretty good, and it also should be noted that Claude Julien knows how to utilize his talent, as does Mikey Ribeiro. So long as he stays in the more goals than goals against... this guy has done his job. He also is not scared to take the hits, and has the size to absorb them very well... There have been a few successful NHL'ers that have the same problem as our big guy Dags... Ray Sheppard, Dave Andreychuk to name a few.... Dagenais may say he's no longer a project, he's only half right... IMO Dagenais needs to do some intense training. Not just physically but he's gotta take a few lessons from Andreychuk's game (Who's game I played similar too when I was a player.. ) He's gotta get some hockey sense, to read plays, and not know where the puck is going... But where it's going next. Size (6-5) says he can handle some abuse in front of the net, just like Andrey does... and pop in those shots that are saved by the goalie... Because with Dag's speed, people WILL have a tendancy to overlook him. Also... In summer training, I'd like him to gain an extra gear, and perhaps 10 pds for this role I describe. I like the guy, but he's still a project IMO... One that can pay off though.

Old
03-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickingyerface
I don't dislike the guy at all.

Fact .. you can't win games without scoring goals

Fact.. he has more goals than most of our forwards
Fact #3: Not a lot of our forwards played with Ribs and Zednik/Ryder all season long.

Old
03-24-2004, 05:29 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
IMO I like the guy... I mean I know he's got some holes in his game, but His shot is what makes him an NHL'er... I mean, this guy is on a 30 goal clip this year... That's pretty good, and it also should be noted that Claude Julien knows how to utilize his talent, as does Mikey Ribeiro. So long as he stays in the more goals than goals against... this guy has done his job. He also is not scared to take the hits, and has the size to absorb them very well... There have been a few successful NHL'ers that have the same problem as our big guy Dags... Ray Sheppard, Dave Andreychuk to name a few.... Dagenais may say he's no longer a project, he's only half right... IMO Dagenais needs to do some intense training. Not just physically but he's gotta take a few lessons from Andreychuk's game (Who's game I played similar too when I was a player.. ) He's gotta get some hockey sense, to read plays, and not know where the puck is going... But where it's going next. Size (6-5) says he can handle some abuse in front of the net, just like Andrey does... and pop in those shots that are saved by the goalie... Because with Dag's speed, people WILL have a tendancy to overlook him. Also... In summer training, I'd like him to gain an extra gear, and perhaps 10 pds for this role I describe. I like the guy, but he's still a project IMO... One that can pay off though.
Excellent post, I have to agree with everything you say!

Except you use IMO too much, which makes me angry
People shouldn't have to tell other people that it's their opinion when they're talking, it kind of goes without saying. Anyway, I'm just rambling, i guess it's one of my "pet peeves"

Old
03-24-2004, 05:34 PM
EaGLE1

Robitaille can't skate put he have other talents like that crazy one-timer!!!
Dagenais can't skate and he's for sure a one-trick poney I prefer Audette than this big slow soft ugly player.

Old
03-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Excellent post, I have to agree with everything you say!

Except you use IMO too much, which makes me angry
People shouldn't have to tell other people that it's their opinion when they're talking, it kind of goes without saying. Anyway, I'm just rambling, i guess it's one of my "pet peeves"
Im glad some agree that Dagenais is not a waste of skin (many attest to this philosophy around here )

As for the IMO thing... I guess it's habit... You're right though I should get it out of my head, as it is routine in my post... But I never really realized that it would've been obvious that it's just my opinion It does make sense though. So I'll try to not use it anymore.

Old
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I hate when people bring this up, because it is such a BS argument. Would you have recognised Dowd before he played for the habs?

Probably just a human error by Dagenais, cut him some slack.
lol
Didn't you notice the "stick out tongue" smilie at the end of my sentence? It was only a joke, don't take it personal...

monte pas su tes grands chevaux

Old
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Fact #3: Not a lot of our forwards played with Ribs and Zednik/Ryder all season long.
I see that point Dutch, but most of those other guys could'nt score 15 goals in 44 games... Not many NHL'ers can do that regardless of who they are playing beside. But to be a +12 to boot, I know it's not a testament to defensive play, but it does show that his line does try to be responsible.

Ribs utilized Dags skill as much as Dags used his... I mean, Dags nickname is 'Weapon' because he's like the bazooka... He's slow, hard to manouver, but when he shoots... A high percentage gets to where it should be. That is a great talent in it's own right.

Old
03-24-2004, 06:18 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan

monte pas su tes grands chevaux
aaa scuse... mais c'est que y'en a qui en ont fait tout un plat de cette affaire la et j'etais pas sur si tu niaisais.

mais scuse 'no harm meant'

Old
03-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Combine Dagenais size and hands with Begin's heart and physicality and you end up with one of the most dominate power forwards in the NHL.

Closed Thread