HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Looking for the right stick

Old
05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Patfan1987

vCash: 500
Looking for the right stick

I was using a missing fuel Z10 85 flex with the Hossa curve and was having trouble passing with it and then it broke.

I am now using a wooden TPS stick that is a stiff flex with the Sundin curve and like it. I am wearing out the tape almost to the spot where the stick/blade meet.

I am 6ft tall 145, and want to know what is a good composite stick for me

what is a blade similar to the Sundin(in curve and what is its lie so i can change it) blade and what do i need to do to eliminate to wearing of the blade near the heal?

Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 11:19 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patfan1987 View Post
I was using a missing fuel Z10 85 flex with the Hossa curve and was having trouble passing with it and then it broke.

I am now using a wooden TPS stick that is a stiff flex with the Sundin curve and like it. I am wearing out the tape almost to the spot where the stick/blade meet.

I am 6ft tall 145, and want to know what is a good composite stick for me

what is a blade similar to the Sundin(in curve and what is its lie so i can change it) blade and what do i need to do to eliminate to wearing of the blade near the heal?
It's a mid curve, deep, neutral face, and a 5 lie, which is as low as you'll find. The fact that you're wearing at the heel on that probably means you need to shorten your stick. A stick that's too long also helps explain why you were having trouble catching passes.

Oh, and if you try to ignore the advice and find a a warrior in a 4 lie, be warned that a warrior 4 lie is the same as a 5 in other brands, and a warrior 5 is a 5.5.
Cut your stick down, play with it for a little bit, then tell us how the curve is working for you. It can feel very different when the length of the stick or the lie is changed.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Patfan1987

Thanks for the tip, im gonna give it a try. Thanks

Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote