HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Niedermayers

Old
05-25-2009, 01:46 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
The Niedermayers

I'm curious if anyone has heard any rumors of Niedermayers possibly signing in Toronto this summer.

Clearly they're guys that Burke likes, and Scott Niedermayer is the best choice to replace Kaberle if he gets traded.

Any chance it happens?

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 01:48 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 4 - 3

I'd say slim to none

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 01:53 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Only Vancouver. They have no North Eastern connection and would have no desire to participate in the ground up rebuild of a doormat club. No Maple leaf mystique for guys that have played against them for 15 years. Okay maybe guilt since wasn't Scott drafted with Toronto's pick? It is more likely that Sundin will return

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 01:53 PM
embracedbias

Either Vancouver or Anaheim from what I hear. I'm sure Burke would be interested, but I don't see it happening.

I think the real question is, if Vancouver resigns the Sedins and the Neidermeyers and if Toronto drafts B. Schenn, just how much "the summer of the brothers" type of comments are we going to hear?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
mooseOAK*

Scott Niedermayer already refused once and prefers little attention, he isn't going to Toronto or Vancouver.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:00 PM
HockeyAustralia

Bring on the Toronto Ducks

HockeyAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:14 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

signing the Niedermayers is exactly the kind of thing the old Leafs would do.

we aren't ready yet.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Paris in Flames

Signing two players near retirement probably isn't the smartest move for a rebuilding team. If the Leafs were playoff talented and looking to make the next jump, sure, take a run. As for where they are right now? Not a chance.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 09:54 PM
67Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Scott Niedermayer already refused once and prefers little attention, he isn't going to Toronto or Vancouver.
I heard the Niedermayer's agent interviewed on the Vancouver sports station, 1040 AM. He did not, of course, say anything definite but he was a lot less evasive than I expected. It sounded to me as if it were a real possibility and, obviously, I am not a Canucks fan. I think the agent, who lives in Vancouver himself, may actually have been the source of the rumour that the brothers are interested in the Nucks.; One thing that the radio announcers droned on about - how the Niedermayers would want to play for the home team - is pretty doubtful. Their hometown, Cranbrook, is in the southeast corner of the province, is far closer to and in the same time zone as Calgary. It's a loong way from Cranbrook to Vancouver. An acquaintance who lives there tells me that most folks in the area are actually Flames fans.

67Cup is offline   Reply With Quote