HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Babchuk and Seabrook

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 08:11 PM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Babchuk and Seabrook

How are they doing this year and how far away are they from being regulars?

thanks in advance

Old
12-18-2003, 08:24 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
From what I read, Seabrook is playing well, he's just stuck on a bad team. He's on the WJC roster. He could make the team next year, but that may be just because of the utter lack of depth the Hawks have on the blueline (EVERY Blackhawk defensemen has their contract up after this season).

Babchuk is one of many rookies in the AHL, with Barinka, D. Keith, Kukkonen, and Vladimir Gusev (now in ECHL for more playing time). Admirals fans say he's still got problems chasing after players too often instead of waiting for them to come to him, thus getting left out of posotion. He's a -2 so far, but the whole Norfolk team is low in +/-.

I hope Babchuk gets at least a few games with the Blackhawks sometime this season -- he's got a GREAT slapshot and he's a pretty solid skater. I think Babchuk has a 75% chance of making the team next season, expecially if guys like Quint and Karpovtsev are not offered new contracts this summer.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Slowe

Babchuk is looking pretty good, but still needs this season to improve his defense. He has a really good shot at making the team next year. Seabrook is coming along, but will likely spend next year in the AHL. The hawks have a few older D prospects like Barinka and D. Keith that he'll be competing with for a spot. Yes, the hawks have no defense now and that helps prospects, but don't look for too many to make the team next year.

Old
12-20-2003, 12:32 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
thanks a lot for the comments

Old
03-24-2004, 12:33 PM
CanesFanForLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowe
Seabrook is coming along, but will likely spend next year in the AHL.
Seabrook will only be 19 years old next year, I thought you had to be 20 to play in the AHL. Anyways I have been a Hurricanes season ticket holder for many years now and believe Seabrook is better then former 1st overall draft pick (former Hurricane for a while) Chris Phillips. That might not be saying much but just thought I should throw that in lol. a few weeks ago I saw the fastest slapshot I haveever seen live in my life and it was done by Seabrook. Shot it from the blue and was in the back of the net before Prince Alberts goalie could move (literally).

Old
03-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Slowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFanForLife
Seabrook will only be 19 years old next year, I thought you had to be 20 to play in the AHL.
You know what? I believe you're right. I don't know where I got that as it was posted quite a while ago. Either I read it somewhere or I'm flat out wrong. Unless anyone has something to add? At any rate, he's talented enough, but due to the age thing will stay in juniors.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Slats432

The rule stats that you have to be either 20 years old or 4 years of CHL experience for a Canadian player to play in the AHL. With that understanding Seabrook should be in the WHL next season. (Unless he proves that he can play in the NHL. )

Closed Thread