HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hockey's Future Spring 2009 Organizational Rankings, 11-20

Old
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
Hockey's Future Spring 2009 Organizational Rankings, 11-20

we're 12th in the spring rankings!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._rankings1120/

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I gotta say... I'm kind of surprised. I think they're right that the lack of a true #1 center prospect is a huge hole that is going to need to be filled.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 07:07 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Hmm, a few spots higher than I'd have guessed, but pretty reasonable overall.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 07:09 PM
ecemleafs

i guess they dont take our lack of number 1 goalie prospect too much against us because we dont really need one for quite a while.

Old
05-27-2009, 07:11 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Not bad when you consider that the past three years, the Rangers have drafted at 21st, 17th and 20th, (and tragically lost their best prospect since Kovalev in 1991).

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Speedtrials

Also pretty surprised to be up that high. Although very early, that 2008 draft looks to be very positive so far. Hopefully we hold on to the young players we have and continue to stock up that farm system.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 07:20 PM
ecemleafs

well i guess HF doesnt rate del zotto as poorly as HFboards does

Old
05-27-2009, 07:26 PM
UAGoalieGuy

A bit higher then I thought the Rangers would be, I was guessing in the 16-20 range. I guess the massive depth at D and the bright top 6 upside of Anisimov, Grachev, and Stepan out weighed the holes of an elite forward and a possible #1 netminder.

Hopefully the Rangers will be able to get somemore quality prospects in this deep draft this year, and possibly an elite forward (Crosses fingers) lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 07:40 PM
NYR Viper

It just goes to show how well the Rangers management has done in the later rounds because with the loss of Cheraponov and with always drafting later on in the rounds they shouldnt even be in the top-20.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 07:42 PM
ecemleafs

i want to believe we got new scouts in 2005....but lafleur in the 2nd round of 2007 leads me to believe otherwise lol

Old
05-27-2009, 10:33 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Thse ratings are really suspect. The Coyotes summary omits their best prospect -- Maxim Goncharev.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2009, 10:52 PM
NYR Viper

Grachev having a HUGE year and Stepan having a very good freshman season helps a lot. Also Anisimov taking another step and signing Gilroy and Dowzak helps.

Old
05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Thse ratings are really suspect. The Coyotes summary omits their best prospect -- Maxim Goncharev.
yeah, while a good read I don't take any notice really. Its all hogwash when it comes to them.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 05:41 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I gotta say... I'm kind of surprised. I think they're right that the lack of a true #1 center prospect is a huge hole that is going to need to be filled.
I think AA has true 1st line center potential. size, speed, can make plays, put the puck in the net. All the other leadership type intangibles is something he would have to grow into.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 05:44 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
i want to believe we got new scouts in 2005....but lafleur in the 2nd round of 2007 leads me to believe otherwise lol
i hope we sign lafluer to an AHL contract. Keep him with the Rangers during the week so he can get coaching from Benny Allaire. Send him to Hartford just for games. He started the season good because of the training camp coaching. Lafleur is an Allaire project.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 07:30 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
I think AA has true 1st line center potential. size, speed, can make plays, put the puck in the net. All the other leadership type intangibles is something he would have to grow into.
This is where Dubi's continued development becomes important. Dubi has the leadership qualities and he engages the media as a team spokesman. I am satisfied with a 1-2 punch of Dubi and AA in the middle, given the presence of Henke in goal, and the potential of the young D-men. This team needs to fortify the wings and upgrade the skill level of its crop of forwards.

Last edited by jas: 05-28-2009 at 01:17 PM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 07:39 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Hey if a botched 2nd rounder in 2007 is your only complaint for the last 3-4 years, then they're doing something right. The only part that upsets me is the fact that we passed up Moller for him...

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Speedtrials

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
This is where Duib's continued development becomes important. Dubi has the leadership qualities and he engages the media as a team spokesman. I am satisfied with a 1-2 punch of Dubi and AA in the middle, given the presence of Henke in goal, and the potential of the young D-men. This team needs to fortify the wings and upgrade the skill level of its crop of forwards.
Yeah even when Dubi wasn't scoring this year he was still playing solid hockey. It should be really interesting to see how he progresses next season. Torts does seem to really like him, I just wonder if he is going to keep him at center, or try him at wing again?

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 09:01 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Grachev having a HUGE year and Stepan having a very good freshman season helps a lot. Also Anisimov taking another step and signing Gilroy and Dowzak helps.
You hit it on the head.

Their overall core of prospects are solid, but the recent surge for some players and some key signings have really deepened the pool.

The lack of that big finisher and some higher end goaltending is what keeps them out of the top 10 though, and rightly so. They have a lot of second line talent right now, until guys like Anisimov and Grachev prove otherwise. The skill on defense is one of the best in the NHL.

If Cherepanov was still around i think they would definitely be top 10 worthy.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Nice. Exactly where I said we should be in the other thread.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
You hit it on the head.

Their overall core of prospects are solid, but the recent surge for some players and some key signings have really deepened the pool.

The lack of that big finisher and some higher end goaltending is what keeps them out of the top 10 though, and rightly so. They have a lot of second line talent right now, until guys like Anisimov and Grachev prove otherwise. The skill on defense is one of the best in the NHL.

If Cherepanov was still around i think they would definitely be top 10 worthy.
If Cherry was still around, we'd be top 5.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
BwayBshirt

I said after year's draft that I loved it because I thought management was finally drafting pure hockey skill over at-the-moment size, speed, and/or positional need kind of players. It's been only a year but I don't think I've ever felt so positive about a Rangers' draft after 1 year in who knows how long based off of all reports. And I'm not even close to being a draft nut. I just go off of what I read & hear.

I hope whatever they did last year they do the same this year. With the elite or close to elite level forwards added in of course.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 12:06 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post
I said after year's draft that I loved it because I thought management was finally drafting pure hockey skill over at-the-moment size, speed, and/or positional need kind of players. It's been only a year but I don't think I've ever felt so positive about a Rangers' draft after 1 year in who knows how long based off of all reports. And I'm not even close to being a draft nut. I just go off of what I read & hear.

I hope whatever they did last year they do the same this year. With the elite or close to elite level forwards added in of course.
I agree. Last years draft seems to be the best draft for the Rangers in quite a while. MDZ, Stepan and Grachev all seem to be either very solid picks or straight up steals at where they got them. Along with the fact that they got both Weise and Doyle who I think will spend some time on the Rangers in their careers and I see this draft asa very good one.

I am going to go out on a limb and say Doyle is going to be a very large surprise to people who think of his as just another lower-line forward. I am talking almost like a Callahan-esque surprise.

Old
05-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Duponttime*

It's a minor miracle they actually gave the Rangers farm system some credit. I suppose even they couldn't ignore Anisimov racking up points in the AHL as a 20 year old, Grachev dominated the OHL and the stable full of defenseman prospects we have.

Anisimov seems to be going the route of Callahan with HF. Flying way under the radar. I don't know what else they wanted from a 20 year old in the AHL. Not to mention his suporting cast offensively wasn't good so his line drew the best defensive lines all year.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
I certainly won't be disappointed if he hits that mark, but I'm not so sure he will. I think Arty is a Jordan Staal, not an Eric Staal.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote