HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Cbj

Old
05-25-2009, 06:59 PM
fallout

vCash: 500
Edm-Cbj

To

Gilbert
Cogliano
Potulny
10th Overall

To

NAsh
Commodore

fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:11 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Good one...has Gilbert become the new Kaberle?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:17 PM
HabsInsideOut

Edmonton says no. Quickly

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:18 PM
robbiezyg

vCash: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
I pray you are kidding.

robbiezyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:20 PM
The Puck

Does Nash sign an extension after this deal?

From a value standpoint, it's not bad, depending on if he re-signs.

But he won't be dealt unless it's certain he will test free agency.

That said, even with the cap uncertainty, he'll probably get locked up soon to a deal similar to Eric Staal's.

The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Andrew B

Nash is not as good as E. Staal....

Superstar wingers typically get payed less than Superstar Centers...

I would expect something in the 6-7 Range depending on the term of the contract.

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:49 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Columbus gets ripped off. Nash will re-sign with them, even if it takes to this time next year. Book it.

Otherwise fair value for this trade now would be:

Gilbert + Cogliano

for

Nash

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:03 PM
OilCanada92

Seems like a NHL 09 trade offer lol

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Cherith Cutestory

I've had a few run-ins with Oiler fans about Gilbert and what his value is and each time i am told that he's top-pairing, or he's almost a top-pairing guy, etc. Can i ask why then would Edmonton trade him? He doesnt make much, is young, seems to be getting better (I know, this is arguing FOR him rather than AGAINST him) yet he is in every single proposal involving Edmonton. People seem to really value (and on this board over-value) this guy, so why trade him? Seems better to keep him if you ask me...

As for the OP, not quite what will get you Nash IMO. He's elite on a team that has only this past year become good (so for arguments sake, i'll use his previous years as my next example so don't come at me too hard CLB fans...). Like Kovalchuk, he puts up really good numbers on weak team and has intangibles that are hard to find so if you ask me, he could bring in the 1st overall pick.

Last edited by Cherith Cutestory: 05-25-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226

Rick Nash

Tom Gilbert
Andrew Cogliano
Riley Nash
Rights to Linus Omark

I think that is alot more fair, yet extremely unrealistic. I really do see Edmonton making a big run for Nash though and I know that sounds crazy and stupid but he is the exact player that Edmonton wants.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherith cutestory View Post
I've had a few run-ins with Oiler fans about Gilbert and what his value is and each time i am told that he's top-pairing, or he's almost a top-pairing guy, etc. Can i ask why then would Edmonton trade him? He doesnt make much, is young, seems to be getting better (I know, this is arguing FOR him rather than AGAINST him) yet he is in every single proposal involving Edmonton. People seem to really value (and on this board over-value) this guy, so why trade him? Seems better to keep him if you ask me...

As for the OP, not quite what will get you Nash IMO. He's elite on a team that has only this past year become good (so for arguments sake, i'll use his previous years as my next example so don't come at me too hard CLB fans...). Like Kovalchuk, he puts up really good numbers on weak team and has intangibles that are hard to find so if you ask me, he could bring in the 1st overall pick.
Grebeshkov made very good strides this year and Edmonton is looking to lock him up long term. But if that happens we now have about 18-20 million in our top 4 on the backend and one of them will be moved, speculation is that it will be Gilbert.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
Howson hangs up the phone before EDM finishes talking.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 05-25-2009 at 08:35 PM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Ludicrous Speed

This is ridiculous.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 09:08 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post

Rick Nash

Tom Gilbert
Andrew Cogliano
Riley Nash
Rights to Linus Omark

I think that is alot more fair, yet extremely unrealistic. I really do see Edmonton making a big run for Nash though and I know that sounds crazy and stupid but he is the exact player that Edmonton wants.
Edmonton fans would say that's a lot to pay, but I think it's a good deal for both teams. Don't want to give up on Riley Nash so soon but Nash is exactly what the Oilers need.

Nash-Horcoff-Hemsky
Penner-Gagner-O'Sullivan
Moreau-Brodziak/UFA-Pisani
BigMac-Pouliot-Stortini works for me!

That first line is scary enough that it'll open the game up big time for the 2nd line. Brodziak is good on faceoffs, has some offensive upside and has the size needed to get his nose dirty, so I like that 3rd line. That 4th line wouldn't see a lot of minutes. Stortini has a shot at playing on the 3rd line next year.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
We are making proposals from a position of strength. The way I see it, we have 4 very very good puck moving / offensive defencemen.

Souray/Visnovsky/Grebeshkov/Gilbert

It comes down to money and value, and given Gilberts age, and cap hit, he has great value going forward. Lubo and Souray get crapped on so much around here we don't even make offers involving them anymore.

Our defense is stacked, but our forwards are anemic, outside of Hemsky, Gagner, Cogliano, Pisani. I put Pisani there because you couldn't ask for anything else from a 3rd line RWer, except maybe a cheaper contract.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 09:30 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
This is ridiculous.
yes, yes it is

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
I pray you are kidding.
Whoops meant to say Columbus, my bad

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 10:12 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Don't scoff at this package. Both are sophomore player

Cogliano: 2nd line centre, two-way forward. Clutch goal scorer and a top 10 fastest player in the league.

Gilbert: #2/3 Puck Moving Defenseman. Plays well in all situations, silky skater and offensive talent. Above average in the D-zone. Could be a top dman on a weaker team.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Spoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Edmonton fans would say that's a lot to pay, but I think it's a good deal for both teams. Don't want to give up on Riley Nash so soon but Nash is exactly what the Oilers need.

Nash-Horcoff-Hemsky
Penner-Gagner-O'Sullivan
Moreau-Brodziak/UFA-Pisani
BigMac-Pouliot-Stortini works for me!

That first line is scary enough that it'll open the game up big time for the 2nd line. Brodziak is good on faceoffs, has some offensive upside and has the size needed to get his nose dirty, so I like that 3rd line. That 4th line wouldn't see a lot of minutes. Stortini has a shot at playing on the 3rd line next year.
wat?
He really does not, he is not taking over Pisani's position as Pisani is the best defensive forward the Oilers have and Zack has a long way to go if he wants to step into a role like that.

Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 01:38 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

This trade would not be good for us.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 02:31 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:

Oilers fans realize that they have holes to fill and Gilbert is the one guy who's contract is not that bad and that would fill the holes on another teams blue line.

With Souray and Libor on the oiler blue line for the next 4 years--gilbert will be in their shadow

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Duponttime*

Edmonton fans overrate every defenseman they have beyond belief and continue to ignore the fact that there team is horrible defensively.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 08:20 AM
8BostonRocker24

Nice, Edmonton gets a superstar that is worth much more then the sum of the parts coming back.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Beerfish

Why would Columbus want to make that trade at all? Subtraction by addition. Columbus is close to doing some damage so they will want to add impact players without subtracting other impact players.

Here is my trade proposal between the Oilers and Columbus:

Lubomir Vishnoksy to Columbus (I like Vishnosky but to me he is the most logical player for the oilers to trade and get cap relief to go after other FA's)

1st round pick (16) + Cody Goloubef

Columbus gets the veteran (though not too old) pp QB that they desperately need and the Oilers get a 1st rounder and a good young prospect.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by youarentobjective View Post
Edmonton fans overrate every defenseman they have beyond belief and continue to ignore the fact that there team is horrible defensively.
Welcome to HFBoards. I have never called a poster out for being new on here but after two weeks you can make this assumption? Also Edmonton's defense isnt bad if you watched a more than 4-5 games this season. The problem was our forwards couldnt clear the puck or back check allowing an insane amount of perimeter shots. Do expect the defense to ice the puck everytime? no, they need help from the forwards to get the puck out of the zone. Our defense made Roloson looked very good this year multiple times(like 60 soft shots against San Jose)
Sheldon Souray +1
Tom Gilbert +6
Denis Grebeshkov +12
Lubomir Visnovsky +6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Why would Columbus want to make that trade at all? Subtraction by addition. Columbus is close to doing some damage so they will want to add impact players without subtracting other impact players.

Here is my trade proposal between the Oilers and Columbus:

Lubomir Vishnoksy to Columbus (I like Vishnosky but to me he is the most logical player for the oilers to trade and get cap relief to go after other FA's)

1st round pick (16) + Cody Goloubef

Columbus gets the veteran (though not too old) pp QB that they desperately need and the Oilers get a 1st rounder and a good young prospect.
While the OP's proposal was extremely lobsided in Edmontons favour; this one is for CBJ.
Lubomir Visnovsky is worth more than a mid 1st rounder, and a mid level prospect

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote