HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Report: Fedorov to sign with Metallurg of the KHL

Old
06-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Stimpy

vCash: 500
I'm saying even if those two were around next year, the Caps probably wouldn't equal last years record. You don't think the Caps can't find a couple 30-35 point players next year? Ok. I think the Caps would be better off if they significantly reduce the number of PP goals they give up even if they score 20 less total points from the two replacement players. Feds and Koz score 11 and 13 goals. You should be able to get something close to that from any second line forwards. I really don't think their loss is crippling to the team. The main thing they brought was veteran presence, and that will have to be replaced by someone.

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Jasper17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Koz - 41 pts. Feds - 33pts. Where do you see an additional 74 pts coming from to better our record? It will not happen. Prepare that if GMGM sticks to his guns and recruits from within we will have a hard time winning the division. I don't see anyone from hershey being able to contribute that effort on or off the ice the feds and Koz did. Be prepared for a trying season if GMGM sticks to his plan
You replace Federov with Nylander most likely, and IMO the points will balance out. Kozlov's 41 may be a little harder to find, but I don't think the Caps will miss them that much.

The Caps will be right there with Carolina to win the division again next year. It may be closer than it was this year. But they will be fine even if they do stand pat.

Federov and Kozlov are not huge losses.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote