HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The line juggling must stop!

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2004, 11:46 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
The line juggling must stop!

CJ must find his line combinations quick cuz the playoffs are coming . For the players, its so hard to find some chemistry and god knows how important it is in the playoffs. So what line up CJ should settled? Heres mine:

Bulis-KOivu-Zed
Kovalev-Ribs-ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

In my world, we dont need perrault or Dagenais in our line up. Perrault could be brought in once in a while but only for 4th line duty and power play.

Old
03-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
CJ must find his line combinations quick cuz the playoffs are coming . For the players, its so hard to find some chemistry and god knows how important it is in the playoffs. So what line up CJ should settled? Heres mine:

Bulis-KOivu-Zed
Kovalev-Ribs-ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

In my world, we dont need perrault or Dagenais in our line up. Perrault could be brought in once in a while but only for 4th line duty and power play.
perrault is hot though.

Old
03-24-2004, 11:52 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Perrault is 65% in the faceoff circle, that is godlike. He has been scoring and is actually playing quite responsibly defensively. We have to get over your hate for the guy cause he is playing decently and is helping the team.

Old
03-24-2004, 11:55 PM
jcpenny

last two games he was back to the old Perrault. And you guys are being blinded by him. We dont need anymore soft slow players in our line up. If everything goes well, Kovalev should pick up the slack.

Old
03-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
last two games he was back to the old Perrault. And you guys are being blinded by him. We dont need anymore soft slow players in our line up. If everything goes well, Kovalev should pick up the slack.
its only 1 game. we cant win them all. im not worried about the line changing until the playoffs start.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:09 AM
Aarex

uhm 2nd last game he played against new jersey

who has probably the best checking line in the NHL who was on the ice EVERY time Saku's line came out.

This last game he wasn't on a scoring line.

People need to get over their obsession with points and start watching the game play.

The only person who needs to go from this line up is dags (and yes i said this even when he was scoring)

Old
03-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
uhm 2nd last game he played against new jersey

who has probably the best checking line in the NHL who was on the ice EVERY time Saku's line came out.

This last game he wasn't on a scoring line.

People need to get over their obsession with points and start watching the game play.

The only person who needs to go from this line up is dags (and yes i said this even when he was scoring)
Doesn't matter if you said it when he was scoring or not, its obvious he won't be scoring again, and he is done. Sure its better to have him on the top 2 lines than say Ward, but the fact of the matter is, barring injury, I don't want to see him play.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:26 AM
tinyzombies

I think he's just trying to find a way to get Kovalev going. We need the Pittsburgh Kovalev and not the New York Kovalev. He had several close chances tonight, but his scoring chances seem to be coming at poor angles. Hopefully the players will figure it out and soon.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:36 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Perrault is 65% in the faceoff circle, that is godlike. He has been scoring and is actually playing quite responsibly defensively. We have to get over your hate for the guy cause he is playing decently and is helping the team.
i hate his style immencely as well but id keep him there untill he stops contrubiting, becuase right now its a big bonus he's perfoming the way he is.

btw dagenias needs to leave! ryder needs to play on the second.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I think he's just trying to find a way to get Kovalev going. We need the Pittsburgh Kovalev and not the New York Kovalev. He had several close chances tonight, but his scoring chances seem to be coming at poor angles. Hopefully the players will figure it out and soon.
I think the key is not to have him and Zednik on the same line. Both are shooters, and both want the puck, so keep them on different lines.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bulis-KOivu-Zed
Kovalev-Ribs-ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

Those are the exact lines I have in my head, while Dackell can be changed with either Perrault/Langdon.

As for Bulis on the top line. I have always wanted him to play there. I think he has the skills to be a top 6 forward on this team. Much like Ryder he can play on any line and still be effective. Alot of people on here say that Perrault should be there ahead of him because he can finish better. While I won't disagree with that I will say that Bulis creates SO many more offensive oppurtunities then Perrault. Bulis has blinding speed and I feel he has great chemistry with Koivu and Zednik.

With Perrault on the top line it creates a defensive liability. Being how we are a defense first team, that creates a problem. In the playoffs I would like to be able to play our top line against any line from the other team. Bulis is a great two way player, Koivu is a great two player and Zednik is decent. I want all our top line players to be able to play 20mins a night and I'm sorry but Perrault can just not do that.

Come playoff time I am almost 100% confident that Bulis will be playing with Koivu and Zednik .

Old
03-25-2004, 12:48 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:

Bulis-KOivu-Zed
Kovalev-Ribs-ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

I would keep Perreault in rather than Juneau, but otherwise me likey! I hope he doesn't stop the line juggling, though. If he didn't do it we'd only be writing threads about the lineups we THINK would be good. CJ is finding out for sure. He's doing it more now that we're pretty safely in the POs. Smart guy.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:55 AM
tinyzombies

Bulis-Koivu-Kovalev
Ryder-Ribs-Zednik
Bégin-Dowd-Sundstrom
Perreault-Juneau-Ward

If we play against Boston, we're going to need both Dowd AND Begin playing center because somebody has to keep an eye on Rolston and I'd hate to see Ribs vs Rolston. Unless you want to put Juneau against Thornton, which will probably happen some of the time and has worked in the past to a point. Teamed with Souray, it should work.

The point is, it depends what team we are playing against that will dictate our lineup. This is probably why Julien is experimenting. That and he is trying to get Kovalev going.

Kovalev has always been a right winger by the way. With Pittsburgh in 2000-01 when he had his career year, the line was: Straka-Lang-Kovalev, at least the second part of the year according to an old Hockey News I have.

Also, Ryder is a lot better on left wing and Sundstrom is a lot stronger on right wing (at least from a playmaking standpoint).

Last edited by tinyzombies: 03-25-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old
03-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Quote:

Bulis-KOivu-Zed
Kovalev-Ribs-ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

Zednik-Koivu-Perrault (With Perrault taking the key faceoff's)
Kovalev-Ribs-Ryder
Begin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

Why mess with a winning combination?

Old
03-25-2004, 01:01 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Kovalev-Ribs-Ryder
Begin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

Where's Bulis? :p

Old
03-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Kovalev-Ribs-Ryder
Begin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

No Bulis...LOL where's the respect? This guy does so much for this team and gets no props

Old
03-25-2004, 09:58 AM
jcpenny

For me Perrault is just like Bouillon. Even if they do well, i'd rather see somebody else taking their spot. Bouillon is one of the strongest defensman on the teamwith the biggest heart but his small stature is justworking against him. Yesterday a slightly bigger guy would have poke or push Mair out of the crease and he wouldnt have scored. We often see Bouillon on Sundin or Thornton and we see that even if he's strong its just not enough. Perrault its the same, maybe the best natural scorer on the team but just too soft and too slow to get that scoring going regularly, cant play in the defensive zone (-2 against Buffalo).

Those two players have too much to overcome to be on a first line (perrault) or being a regular defensman (bouillon).

Old
03-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:

Bulis-KOivu-Zed
Kovalev-Ribs-ryder
Bégin-Dowd-Ward
Sunny-Juneau-Dacks

We don't need Sundstrom that is for sure. He brings nothing and I mean nothing to the table.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
For me Perrault is just like Bouillon. Even if they do well, i'd rather see somebody else taking their spot. Bouillon is one of the strongest defensman on the teamwith the biggest heart but his small stature is justworking against him. Yesterday a slightly bigger guy would have poke or push Mair out of the crease and he wouldnt have scored. We often see Bouillon on Sundin or Thornton and we see that even if he's strong its just not enough. Perrault its the same, maybe the best natural scorer on the team but just too soft and too slow to get that scoring going regularly, cant play in the defensive zone (-2 against Buffalo).

Those two players have too much to overcome to be on a first line (perrault) or being a regular defensman (bouillon).
Then how come Primeau is minus 15 in the last 6 postseasons? Sundstrom was -2 last night and Bulis -1. Explain that as well please.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Then how come Primeau is minus 15 in the last 6 postseasons? Sundstrom was -2 last night and Bulis -1. Explain that as well please.
Keith Primeau has been -15 mostly due to the fact that the Flyers have been horrible in the postseason the last few years, they weren't able to score goals. I bet you a big chunk of that -15 came from the last 2 years where the Flyers couldn't score in a soccer net, and Keith Primeau if I recall, despite not puttin up great numbers was the Flyers best player in last year's playoffs...Sundstrom and Bulis were -2 and -1 last night, guess who was centering that line? Perreault...and on the Sabres second goal, it was faulty coverage from Bouillon, and I agree with jcpenny, Bouillon although he plays hard will be a liability in the playoffs

*EDIT* 500 POST ...most of which i've been able to accumulate this past week thanks to you Stefan_Latulippe...lol! thanks alot buddy

Old
03-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Keith Primeau has been -15 mostly due to the fact that the Flyers have been horrible in the postseason the last few years, they weren't able to score goals. I bet you a big chunk of that -15 came from the last 2 years where the Flyers couldn't score in a soccer net, and Keith Primeau if I recall, despite not puttin up great numbers was the Flyers best player in last year's playoffs...Sundstrom and Bulis were -2 and -1 last night, guess who was centering that line? Perreault...and on the Sabres second goal, it was faulty coverage from Bouillon, and I agree with jcpenny, Bouillon although he plays hard will be a liability in the playoffs

*EDIT* 500 POST ...most of which i've been able to accumulate this past week thanks to you Stefan_Latulippe...lol! thanks alot buddy
So Perreault is in fact MINUS ONE. I registerd just to reply to your messages by the way ....

Primeau is a center, so I guess he must be blamed then!!! And he is soooo biiig and sooo strong that he should be able to score anyway, no???? That's my point for JCPenney size does not matter!!! IF you face a hot goalie, you won't score!!!

Old
03-25-2004, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
So Perreault is in fact MINUS ONE. I registerd just to reply to your messages by the way ....

Primeau is a center, so I guess he must be blamed then!!! And he is soooo biiig and sooo strong that he should be able to score anyway, no???? That's my point for JCPenney size does not matter!!! IF you face a hot goalie, you won't score!!!
No, your right, size dosen't matter, but talk to me when were facing the Flyers in the playoffs, and Bouillon is matched up down low on the PK vs. John Leclair...good luck

Old
03-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
No, your right, size dosen't matter, but talk to me when were facing the Flyers in the playoffs, and Bouillon is matched up down low on the PK vs. John Leclair...good luck
JCPenney was talking about Perreault's size yesterday.

You said it yourself, Julien is such a genius that Souray and Quintal (or Komi) will face Leclair. I hope Markov won't be on the ice as well.......

Old
03-25-2004, 12:41 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Line juggling is far less of a culprit for last night's loss than poor effort by les boys. If all had gone according to plan and the team whooped some Buffalo butts last night and clinched that playoff spot, CJ would have been a genius for his "creative" use of our forwards while giving some well earned rest to other key players.

C'mom, didn't matter about the linemates, most guys took the night off and Buffalo wanted it a ton more than we did. And that is not surprising considering they are playing for their playoff lives, and even winning all their remaning games may not be enough.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:50 PM
jcpenny

True size doesnt matter, ive always believed that. But grit does matter, and if you dont have grit you better have some good offensive skills for me to accept that in a line up. Dagenais and Perrault have no grit and limited offensive skills aside from their goal scoring abilities. I would prefer a gritty, skilled, speedy, streaky Bulis over a soft and slow, goal-scoring only when set up perrault and Dagenais for the Playoffs.

Perrault is like Zholtok. They score goals but they are slow and soft, Lemaire knew that he didnt need that kind of player in his team so they traded him. You simply dont win anything with that kind of player.

Closed Thread