HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins fan here...

Old
05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
doublejack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Even though the Pens have two players playing at Hart trophy level and no discernable injuries while the Wings players are injured up the wazoo?
Absolutely. We've now dispatched teams in the last two rounds that could throw a potent line or two on the ice, but don't have nearly our depth.

Also, I think (and many other Wings fans) are hitting the injury panic button unnecessarily. This is the playoffs, everyone gets dinged up a little. And if any team can sustain losing a core player or two, it is Detroit. This sandbagging / "woe is me" mentality is really getting annoying.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Jessiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by macros73 View Post
What matters is what happens on the ice, not who the better player is on paper. I agree with you that Hossa is, in theory, a more dangerous skill player than either Kunitz or Guerin. Thus far in the playoffs, however, Fedotenko has put as many goals in the net as Hossa has.
Over achievers like Fedotenko are a big reason why the Pens are where they are right now. If like last year the Wings focus on shutting down Malkin and Sid and other players don't step up, it'll be a quick series.

Jessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 09:51 AM
HockeyinHD

For all the hype about this being some great series... I get the feeling it's not going to be.

It may be a close series, just not a great one.

IMO we've got two teams here who would lose a series to their 2008 counterparts. Pittsburgh because they lost Hossa and Fleury's been poorer, Detroit because they are a significantly dinged up team.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote