HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet to Habs

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Hawksfan12*

vCash: 500
Huet to Habs

I'm a hawks fan and not a huet hater but I dont like his contract. Apparently Gainey never wanted to give up huet but management wanted price to be starter. Also, I heard Huet and Price were friends and Huet helped mentor him. Anyway i heard a rumor that would send Huet back to montreal. Would Huet+ for Halak work?

Old
05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
I'm a hawks fan and not a huet hater but I dont like his contract. Apparently Gainey never wanted to give up huet but management wanted price to be starter. Also, I heard Huet and Price were friends and Huet helped mentor him. Anyway i heard a rumor that would send Huet back to montreal. Would Huet+ for Halak work?
I don't want Huet back at that contract. It's absolutely ridiculous and I think everyone on the habs board agrees with me.

Also: Change your title to rumour.

Old
05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Le depisteur

Change for Speculation...

Old
05-28-2009, 04:03 PM
AH

Quote:
Gainey traded him because Price was his man. In other words, he didn't want him around. So now you want us to take him when he makes $5.5 million.

The only way to get rid of that contract is attach Duncan Keith to any trade as a throw in.

Old
05-28-2009, 04:04 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Gainey traded him because Price was his man. In other words, he didn't want him around. So now you want us to take him when he makes $5.5 million.

The only way to get rid of that contract is attach Duncan Keith to any trade as a throw in.
I agree who in their right mind gives 5.5 mil to a backup goalie

Old
05-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

If Gainey wanted to retain Huet he wouldn't have traded him for a 2nd pick.
I have a very tough time believing Gainey would bring back Huet with that contract.

Old
05-28-2009, 04:09 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Yeah I agree, the Hawks would have to sweeten the deal by a ridiculous amount to get anyone to take that contract.

Old
05-28-2009, 04:21 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
I don't want Huet back at that contract. It's absolutely ridiculous and I think everyone on the habs board agrees with me.

Also: Change your title to rumour.
huet to montreal? change your title from rumor to 'humor'

Old
05-28-2009, 04:23 PM
mcphee

Gainey is management.

Old
05-28-2009, 04:25 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Gainey IS mangement! and Gainey wanted Price as his starter so as NOT to pay Huet $5.5MM per year.

Me thinks someone has their facts wrong and is creating desperate assumptions due to the fact they are stuck with Huet's massive contract. Don't fret, he played really well in the last game and should prove to be a more then adequate starter for the Hawks. But the Habs do not want him back

Closed Thread