HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Pronger to Philadelphia

Old
05-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Pepper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
You do realize that each one of these are about 8 billion times more in value than what YOU gave up to get Pronger 3 years ago when he was only 30 and had 4 years left on his deal???? Now you want an even BIGGER package than what it cost him for 3 more years on his contract and 3 years younger??? .
You do realize that the trade that Ducks made with Oilers (with Pronger forcing Lowe's hand) has absolutely zero to do with today's trade value??

Sheesh.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 12:30 PM
caliamad

People forget that the ducks bascially gave up 5 1st round picks for Pronger. Lupul and Smid were highly regarded at the time, they just didn't pan out how many people expected.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 01:26 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
I don't think Sbisa is worth it, especially given Gagnes injury problems
What injury problems? Looked pretty healthy this year.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
You do realize that the trade that Ducks made with Oilers (with Pronger forcing Lowe's hand) has absolutely zero to do with today's trade value??

Sheesh.
Well, it actually does....We're trading for the same person, but aged 3 years and not any better than he was.

Hence why it is crazy for the Flyers to give way more than you guys did for an older player making the same money at the same skill level, maybe less.

Old
05-29-2009, 01:29 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
People forget that the ducks bascially gave up 5 1st round picks for Pronger. Lupul and Smid were highly regarded at the time, they just didn't pan out how many people expected.
It was only 4-technical first rounders

Old
05-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Well, it actually does....We're trading for the same person, but aged 3 years and not any better than he was.

Hence why it is crazy for the Flyers to give way more than you guys did for an older player making the same money at the same skill level, maybe less.
Sorry but it just doesn't work that way.

First of all, Lowe was forced to deal Pronger. Ducks have no need to trade Pronger away.

Secondly, Lupul's and Smid's value were much higher back then, their value today has zero to do with anything.

Thirdly, team needs change every season. Any team thinking they are one top d-man away from the cup (say Caps) are willing to pay a premium to get a player like Pronger and they don't look back how much Oilers got for Pronger.

Old
05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Sorry but it just doesn't work that way.

First of all, Lowe was forced to deal Pronger. Ducks have no need to trade Pronger away.

Secondly, Lupul's and Smid's value were much higher back then, their value today has zero to do with anything.

Thirdly, team needs change every season. Any team thinking they are one top d-man away from the cup (say Caps) are willing to pay a premium to get a player like Pronger and they don't look back how much Oilers got for Pronger.
ROFL, keep dreaming. Pronger will NEVER get you that kind of return.

Last edited by GKJ: 05-29-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: no thread police plz
phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Ducks

Quote:
ROFL, keep dreaming. Pronger will NEVER get you that kind of return. Just close this thread if people are this retarded.
Personally I think there is only one person in this thread acting retarded.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Pepper

Quote:
ROFL, keep dreaming. Pronger will NEVER get you that kind of return. Just close this thread if people are this retarded.
I think you should do all of us a favor and just log out, for good.

When you grow up a little, you might want to try addressing the points I made instead of childish crap like that.

Old
05-29-2009, 05:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Even though the guy has won, let's take a look at his reputation. Now one could say "yeah, but he's a winner" like I just did.

But let's also remember how many conspiracy theorists are out to get the Flyers, and we generally have a lot of guys who take dumb penalties as it is. Pronger deserved or not, Pronger does take a lot of penalties, some of which are by reputation, has had multiple suspensions in his career, and generally is the center of a lot of trouble, regardless of whether or not he is just being dirty, or standing up for his teammates.

His vices are prone to so many things the Flyers have enough of. He is exactly the type of guy the Flyers should NOT be trying to get.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 07:10 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
I don't think the ducks will want Lupul considering the length of the deal. Gagne makes much more sense for them.

I also thinking your underestimating what guys on Anaheim get resigned for.

The more I read about JVR, the more I think he'd be someone I'd hold out for. My counter proposal:

To PHI
Pronger
2009 1st Rd Pick

To ANA
Gagne
JVR
2009 1st Rd Pick
Jones (pure salary dump)
I earmarked $4.5m per annum for each of Hiller and Ryan's new contracts in 2010-11. That may not sound low compared to deals signed in the last couple years. However, I'm factoring in market forces driving down the potential of offer sheets for RFAs particuarly starting that year if the cap is as anticipated going to be sub of $55m.

Granted Hiller will be a UFA, I am also considering ANA's "favorable" position of a proven Giguere still under contract that year. After having a difficult personal/professional time this year, Giggy also has a chance to bounce back next season. And Hiller still has to prove he can carry the load for an entire season.

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 08:21 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
I earmarked $4.5m per annum for each of Hiller and Ryan's new contracts in 2010-11. That may not sound low compared to deals signed in the last couple years. However, I'm factoring in market forces driving down the potential of offer sheets for RFAs particuarly starting that year if the cap is as anticipated going to be sub of $55m.

Granted Hiller will be a UFA, I am also considering ANA's "favorable" position of a proven Giguere still under contract that year. After having a difficult personal/professional time this year, Giggy also has a chance to bounce back next season. And Hiller still has to prove he can carry the load for an entire season.
I think you expected Wiz to get 1.5 million. I hope he settles for double that.

I just noticed that you though Rob Niedermayer would get 2 million, and Mike Brown would get 1 million. They'll probably get half of that, which will make up the difference.

However, the major flaw with this type of trade is typing up a lot of cap space and having neither Niedermayer or Pronger after the 09-10 season, nor any long term replacement for them.

Bottom line, I think the ducks would take a 1 year bad contract with Jones, but 2 bad contracts will never happen. There is no way Lupul is coming to anaheim.

Given that Philly would have to trade space for this deal to go through and they would want to give up Carter/Richards, Gagne would have to be included, and I'd insist on getting JVR or Sbisa.

Old
05-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Even though the guy has won, let's take a look at his reputation. Now one could say "yeah, but he's a winner" like I just did.

But let's also remember how many conspiracy theorists are out to get the Flyers, and we generally have a lot of guys who take dumb penalties as it is. Pronger deserved or not, Pronger does take a lot of penalties, some of which are by reputation, has had multiple suspensions in his career, and generally is the center of a lot of trouble, regardless of whether or not he is just being dirty, or standing up for his teammates.

His vices are prone to so many things the Flyers have enough of. He is exactly the type of guy the Flyers should NOT be trying to get.
There are a multitude of reasons why the Flyers shouldnt go after Pronger, starting with the salary cap and the price they would have to pay in assets, but "the type of player he is" is probably the strongest reason FOR trading for a Chris Pronger. Who cares if he is the center of a lot of trouble when the guy is a top 5 dman in the league?

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
What injury problems? Looked pretty healthy this year.
2007-08 PHI 25 7 11 18 -8

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:

Yeah a number 1 physical QB PP dman is a guy you shouldn't want, btw he took very few penalties in the playoffs.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 08:32 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
2007-08 PHI 25 7 11 18 -8
Oh so he's injury prone because of one year eh

Old
05-29-2009, 08:44 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Oh so he's injury prone because of one year eh
I think he just had hip surgery no? I think that sufficient reason to be apprehensive and not expect to get full value.

Old
05-29-2009, 08:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah a number 1 physical QB PP dman is a guy you shouldn't want, btw he took very few penalties in the playoffs.
That would change in Philadelphia.

Derian Hatcher didn't work out too well.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 09:46 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
I think he just had hip surgery no? I think that sufficient reason to be apprehensive and not expect to get full value.
Richards and Carter just got shoulder surgeries.

Does that kill their value as well?

Old
05-30-2009, 01:33 AM
blah

Quote:

Pronger is exactly what the Flyers should be looking for in a top pairing defensemen. However, they would probably completely shy away from Pronger for the reasons you stated. And that is without taking the salary cap and what they'd have to give up to get him into consideration. Who can forget the penalties Brashear used to get for having Brashear on the back of his jersey, Downie to a lesser extent, and Carcillo and Hartnell can look forward to similar treatment this season. And I'm not trying to imply any of them are saints, but Flyers' games tend to be tightly called.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:54 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
It would take a pretty big package to get him out....I would propose:

Pronger
2009 1st
conditional 2010 1st if Philly doesnt resign Pronger

for

Gagne
Sbisa
Nodl
Its a good proposal, but im not sure Anahiem would need Gagne at 5.2 mill playing 2nd line winger. They have Ryan, Getzlaf, and Perry playing the first line. I personally believe, that first line will be the best in the NHL next year and beyond.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Pepper

Quote:
That would change in Philadelphia.

Derian Hatcher didn't work out too well.
Ummm what the hell Derian Hatcher has to do with Pronger?

Hatcher didn't work out because he was already slow as hell and the post-lockout rule changes just highlighted his lack of speed.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:42 AM
ThorntonFan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I like Carle, but I don't think you can possibly dress Carle and Whitney in the same lineup. Pretty sure there is actually an NHL rule against it. For the sake of accuracy, I think it's a league mandate that Brian Campbell, Carle, Whitney, and Mike Green are never allowed to be dressed in the same lineup.
Carle and Campbell were dressed in the same line-up when on the sharks.

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:12 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
Carle and Campbell were dressed in the same line-up when on the sharks.
Hence the failed Stanley Cup run?

I don't know, just trying to be funny

Old
05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Chelle

Quote:
ROFL, keep dreaming. Pronger will NEVER get you that kind of return.
Why in ****ing hell do you need to start every single post whit ROFL?

Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote