HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Pronger to Philadelphia

Old
05-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
That would change in Philadelphia.

Derian Hatcher didn't work out too well.
Because Hatcher was as good as Pronger?

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
Why in ****ing hell do you need to start every single post whit ROFL?
That's what trolls do

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 11:49 AM
peteo

Hamstring organIzation GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Pronger has a year until free agency. Giroux and a first round pick is my guess. It could also be JVR, Parent/Coburn, and a first...but Anaheim isn't really in the rebuilding mode. It's not a reasonable deal by any means that the Flyers would make due to cap space, but it's what it would take.
I can't believe he did this behind the organIzations back.

Last edited by peteo: 05-30-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: OrganIzatIon
peteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Lupul, Briere or Jones would have to be a throw-in in the trade, the main piece would be some combination of JVR/Giroux/Coburn/pick(s).
Philadelphia might do Coburn but not JVR or Giroux. And to be honest I think Giroux is going to be better than JVR.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 11:44 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
Philadelphia might do Coburn but not JVR or Giroux. And to be honest I think Giroux is going to be better than JVR.
I'd get rid of Giroux and JVR before Coburn

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 11:48 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Well it depends on what they are all worth on the market

But I would definitely keep Giroux over JvR

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:05 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Question for ya, pal...How does Philly fit Pronger's salary under our cap by trading the guys to Anaheim that you have us trading?

And no..you would never ever ever ever get any of the packages from Philly you listed.
Man ain't that the truth. Those packages are not even realistic.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:06 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
To be honest I think Coburn is a very solid dman. Theres nothing wrong with that. He's good but he is extremely replaceable. I think that Giroux and JVR are going to be special talents.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:15 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
I think you should do all of us a favor and just log out, for good.

When you grow up a little, you might want to try addressing the points I made instead of childish crap like that.
Those three packages are a total waste of our time and HF's space. Go try that BS with another team. I will not get into name calling. However if you keep posting crap like that, your IQ will come under scrutiny.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:37 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
To be honest I think Coburn is a very solid dman. Theres nothing wrong with that. He's good but he is extremely replaceable. I think that Giroux and JVR are going to be special talents.
He's 6'5 with loads of potential left in him, and is already GOOD at age 24-25...Give him another year or so and he should be a monster. Remember, D-Men usually take longer to develop...even the great Zdeno Chara wasn't amazing right away.

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 04:51 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Those three packages are a total waste of our time and HF's space. Go try that BS with another team. I will not get into name calling. However if you keep posting crap like that, your IQ will come under scrutiny.
Well I wasn't talking about those three packages so why don't you do us a a favor and pay some attention will ya?

With posts like that you shouldn't be making any comments about IQs you know.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
8inblack

Send a message via AIM to 8inblack Send a message via Yahoo to 8inblack
Gagne and Carle/Coburn for Pronger would seem to be something along the lines of what the Ducks would want in return.

8inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Markus078

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8inblack View Post
Gagne and Carle/Coburn for Pronger would seem to be something along the lines of what the Ducks would want in return.
IMO too much salary back for the Ducks. Maybe this can happen when it will be a 3-way deal. Coburn would be so awesome to fill the open spot, he would benefit a lot from Nieds.

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 05:01 PM
six sigma
Thank you Kimmo

Honestly? I'd rather the Flyers just sucked for a couple of years if it means giving up Coburn, Giroux, Sbisa or JVR to bring in super-expensive veterans.

Let these guys grow up with Carter and Richards, and Philly will be a terror for years. Plug the other holes (responsibly) in the meantime and stop giving guys like Lupul 4+M; problem solved.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
Honestly? I'd rather the Flyers just sucked for a couple of years if it means giving up Coburn, Giroux, Sbisa or JVR to bring in super-expensive veterans.

Let these guys grow up with Carter and Richards, and Philly will be a terror for years. Plug the other holes (responsibly) in the meantime and stop giving guys like Lupul 4+M; problem solved.
I think you may just be my new favorite poster.

I agree with you 100%.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:19 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post

exactly. We have a very young team, that we need to keep together. Carter, Richards, Giroux, Coburn, Parent, Sbisa and JvR are the core. We need to cut salary and fill in around them.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:27 PM
McNasty

Philly can't take on another superstar without unloading one, unless briere is included (which is unlikely given the makeup of the ducks), this deal won't happen.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 08:00 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Philly can't take on another superstar without unloading one, unless briere is included (which is unlikely given the makeup of the ducks), this deal won't happen.
QFT. The only way we trade for Pronger is if Briere goes back the other way. The BEST deal I'd offer for hom would be Briere, Marshall and conditional 2010 1st (conditioned upon us reaching finals). If you don't like it then fine, keep Pronger, we'll keep our damned good young talent. Do you honestly think we are stupid and will just freely give away great young talent for 1 year of someone like pronger??? Get real. Why do you think that everybody and their grandma is making proposals involving the flyers and they try and steal our young stars in the making??? It's because EVERYBODY realizes just how good they are and everyone wants them. Guess what, we haven't caved in to the others making rediculous proposals and we aren't giving in to yours either. It doesn't matter how many times YOU claim it's what it would take for us to get rponger it's simply NOT going to happen. Make all the crazy proposals you want but if you think this is fair then I truly do feel sorry for you. It's clear that the closest you come to any form of managemnt is plying NHL2k09 hockey or whatever is it now. Have fun with those video game type trades because that's the only place you'd actually get them done.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:40 PM
caliamad

I just want to point out that this thread was started by a philly fan, and duck fans were just pointing out what would be a "sensible package" from the duck perspective.

I can understand your arguments for not making the trade, but lets keep the above in mind before calling other people stupid/ridiculous.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 02:30 AM
captainpaxil

many moons ago the flyers year after year were desperate for a puck moving d man and bobbly clarke used to joke "sure well just get boston to send us ray bourque" well one year it just so happened ray bourque was available and the bruins had a deal on the table and the flyerts said no. pronger reminds me of who bourque was then. the guy who you know you need but just cost too much to get.

the bourqe deal was eaton delmore and gagne for bourque by the way. eaton became zhitnik became coburne delmore left in free agency and you know who gagne is. bourque went on to win the cup with colorado

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
many moons ago the flyers year after year were desperate for a puck moving d man and bobbly clarke used to joke "sure well just get boston to send us ray bourque" well one year it just so happened ray bourque was available and the bruins had a deal on the table and the flyerts said no. pronger reminds me of who bourque was then. the guy who you know you need but just cost too much to get.

the bourqe deal was eaton delmore and gagne for bourque by the way. eaton became zhitnik became coburne delmore left in free agency and you know who gagne is. bourque went on to win the cup with colorado
I thought Roy, Forsberg, Sakic, Blake, Hejduk, Foote plus a few support players like Drury went on to win a SC not just Bourque.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Kalamity

To PHI: Pronger
To ANA: Lupul,Carle, prospect. (even JvR)

Kalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 05:13 PM
crazyforhockey

both teams need cap relief......Anh less so.

Phi needs to be looking to unload either Gagne,Richards,Carter, or briere (unlikely with his contract) for a more unproven primier prospect(to get cap relief,and quality goalie).........Varlomov (doubt wash does it) Schneider(if Luongo resigns),Ramo(TB might),
Harding ( Minn might),or sign Rollie for 3 or less.....maybe you can get a draft pick back.But Phi has to look at trimming some forward cap ....and I dont think Lupul or Hartnell are constient or good enough or create enough cap space,to get that premier goalie prospect.And you would have to add in a top draft for those guys avaliable.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 05:50 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post

Phi needs to be looking to unload either Gagne,Richards,Carter, or briere (unlikely with his contract) for a more unproven primier prospect(to get cap relief,and quality goalie).........Varlomov (doubt wash does it) Schneider(if Luongo resigns),Ramo(TB might),
Harding ( Minn might),or sign Rollie for 3 or less.....maybe you can get a draft pick back.But Phi has to look at trimming some forward cap ....and I dont think Lupul or Hartnell are constient or good enough or create enough cap space,to get that premier goalie prospect.And you would have to add in a top draft for those guys avaliable.

Lupul and a pick should be enough for Harding. He could walk for a 2nd as an RFA.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 08:34 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
I actually think Anaheim is not specifically looking to create cap space, they just want to re-distribute.

Many offers are looking at moving Giguere or Pronger purely because we want to get more 2nd line scoring for a position of strength.

While Jiggy had a tough year, most people think he will bounce back.

Now if you had to choose between 1.3 million of Hiller vs. 6 million cap hit of Jiggy, we'd prefer to move Jiggy. Thats not a slight on him.

However, given last year's performance moving that contract will be next to impossible.

As far as Pronger goes, we're wanting to move him if Niedermayer re-signs with the team.

For whatever reason, the organization shows complete loyalty to him despite his uncertain status.

I think they'd be better off moving on and re-signing pronger to a 2-3 year extension, if he's willing to give a home count discount and the ducks give him a NTC.

He's not a premier shutdown defenseman anymore, he's slow as mudd and is not allowed to abuse people in front of the net anymore. However, he's still one of the best offensive defenseman in the league, if not the best. He bring great transition play and vision, and is probably the best on the PP point in the league.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote