HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Very cool post about the Penguins

Old
05-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Very cool post about the Penguins

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f...nguins-121877/

I thought everyone would enjoy this story.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Captain Ron

It sounds cool....but a little bit far fetched to me. It would be awesome if it is real....but I can't help but think it sounds more like fantasy than reality.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I read this last night. Awesome story. I hope it is true, though there is no way of telling. My cell phone is 6 years old and a piece of garbage, but even it has a camera. I dunno. Not impossible, but unlikely. If it had ended before they went back to the guys apartment, I would have bought it hook, line, and sinker.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 09:25 PM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I read this last night. Awesome story. I hope it is true, though there is no way of telling. My cell phone is 6 years old and a piece of garbage, but even it has a camera. I dunno. Not impossible, but unlikely. If it had ended before they went back to the guys apartment, I would have bought it hook, line, and sinker.
I agree. I would not head back to this guys apartment after just meeting him, no matter how cool he seemed to be.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Well it certainly could be fake but it isn't very much of a stretch for it to be true. Seeing pro hockey players in North Carolina is probably about the equivalent of a MSL player in Canada (or America for that matter!). I have friends back east that promote concerts and been around a lot of pretty popular bands and for the most part, they have all been the same way. Now I realize musicians are a little more party oriented that athletes but this really doesn't seem like that big of a stretch to me. And really to go on a message board and write about it? Who is that really impressing? If anyone else was in that guys shoes, you'd want to tell people about it.

Last season I was at a game that a co-worker had got free tickets for because she was Colorado College (I think) alumni and they had an alumni meet and greet with TOm Preissing after the game. He invited all 10 (if that) of us to the bar on the PR level after and pretty much most of the team was there. I'm not really much of a starf'r so I was just being myself. I remember asking Preissing how much he hates Crawford and he uncomfortably laughed the whole time. I spent most of the rest of the night hanging out with Jon Quick and John Zeiler who I think was hitting on some cougar. It was the night they beat Buffalo 9-3 or something. I only stayed for an hour and had to get home since it was a school night.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2009, 11:25 PM
KriticalKing*

One flaw with that story, if they headed back to his apartment, don't u think u'd grab a camera while ur there?

KriticalKing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

That guy is a total star ****er. You would think he just hung out with Doughty, Kopitar, Frolov, Greene & Lecavalier. Freak.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 02:43 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriticalKing View Post
One flaw with that story, if they headed back to his apartment, don't u think u'd grab a camera while ur there?
I thought the same thing.

If he is BSing, he's damn good at it though. Reads as pretty genuine.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:17 AM
PJT

Send a message via AIM to PJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I thought the same thing.

If he is BSing, he's damn good at it though. Reads as pretty genuine.
If he's BSing, he's got some serious psychological problems.

Since this is an LA-related Penguins thread, I thought I'd ask if anyone knew of a friendly bar where they'd be playing the finals? I'm a Pens fan who just moved out here last summer, and the internet just doesn't cut it for the SCF.

PJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:32 AM
William H Bonney

Me thinks this guy is a very good creative writer who will be able to put his degree to use.

That being said, the only part I really believe is that he was at that restaurant. I'm skeptical on him having a girlfriend and the Penguins being there.

Everything else is malarkey.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:22 AM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Me thinks this guy is a very good creative writer who will be able to put his degree to use.

That being said, the only part I really believe is that he was at that restaurant. I'm skeptical on him having a girlfriend and the Penguins being there.

Everything else is malarkey.
this is my take on it. i'm sorry, but there's no way this story is 100% real.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJT510 View Post

Since this is an LA-related Penguins thread, I thought I'd ask if anyone knew of a friendly bar where they'd be playing the finals? I'm a Pens fan who just moved out here last summer, and the internet just doesn't cut it for the SCF.
Well LA is a pretty big area, even just the city. You might want to be a little more specific. But you shouldn't have that hard of a time finding a place to show the Finals. I think most sports bars will show the games if they've got at least a few TV's. The one thing to consider is if the Lakers are playing that night. If so, it may be a bit harder to get the game on depending on the number of TV's and people in the bar. And I thought the Finals were on Channel 4?

I live in Long Beach and I'm almost positive both Legends and Yankee Doodles will be showing the games. Stick and Stein in El Segundo is a hockey bar that should have it. ESPN Zone is another place. But like I said, give us a more specific area.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 06:49 PM
PJT

Send a message via AIM to PJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Well LA is a pretty big area, even just the city. You might want to be a little more specific. But you shouldn't have that hard of a time finding a place to show the Finals. I think most sports bars will show the games if they've got at least a few TV's. The one thing to consider is if the Lakers are playing that night. If so, it may be a bit harder to get the game on depending on the number of TV's and people in the bar. And I thought the Finals were on Channel 4?

I live in Long Beach and I'm almost positive both Legends and Yankee Doodles will be showing the games. Stick and Stein in El Segundo is a hockey bar that should have it. ESPN Zone is another place. But like I said, give us a more specific area.
I live in Los Feliz, but I'm used to driving anywhere from up around North Hollywood and the east valley area all the way over to the West Side for various reasons, so any place in that range would work fine.

PJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Jwm1986

Is this story really that unrealistic? Hockey players are just people and ive heard stories like this before.

My friend let Blink 182 crash at his house back in the day when they were just getting started.. they were just looking for a good time with some locals, since they had nothing better to do.

Think about it, if your a pro sports athlete and your in a smaller city looking for something to do, youd make friends with locals wouldnt you? unless you have an inflated ego and feel somewhat superior to regular people, which i dont think most do.

They are pro hockey players on the ice, but just normal 20 something year olds at all other times.

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
I'm raising the bull**** flag on this on.

Unless his girlfriend is really really hot... even then it's like 75% true.

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 05:08 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I live in Los Feliz, but I'm used to driving anywhere from up around North Hollywood and the east valley area all the way over to the West Side for various reasons, so any place in that range would work fine.
I've lived between North Hollywood and Van Nuys my whole life, and all I can say regarding a good place to go watch a hockey game locally is, if you find one, please let me know!

Granted, I'm no expert in bars, but the only one I've been to that most likey WILL be showing a game (I've been to a few places that will play hockey at random), is Big Wangs, which recently opened up a site in North Hollywood on Lanksershim between Chandler and Magnolia I believe.

Not a great place to watch a game, but they have a crap ton of plasma tv's, and 1 in each room should have the game. Can't say I imagine there will be much of a hockey crowd there though.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshole View Post
I'm raising the bull**** flag on this on.

Unless his girlfriend is really really hot... even then it's like 75% true.
Wouldn't the story be infinitely more believable if his girlfriend ended up banging one (or more) of the guys?

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 10:28 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:

ESPN Zone across from Staples????

Stick and Stein in El Segundo on Sepulveda????

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Wouldn't the story be infinitely more believable if his girlfriend ended up banging one (or more) of the guys?
LOL.. ahh man. sooo true!! hahaha

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:00 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
yea i believe it 100%

but my stories cooler...me and moller teamed up against simmonds and quincy and smoked them in beer pong. Then they hooked me up with season seats for life

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote