HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Halak vs Danis

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
ProspectsFans

vCash: 500
Halak vs Danis

Hi Guys,

I'd like to have your thoughs about those two.

I'm just excited to read what you have to say about them!

Old
03-23-2004, 07:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Danis is ahead of Halak cause he has several more years of development, and has shown solid progression in his game, as he put up some very serious numbers on slightly average team, as he helped the team get better each year and this season they had their best year in the last 9 seasons.

Halak has put up great numbers in the Slovak junior league, and in limited time in the top mens league, he still put up impressive numbers. He should only get better, and hopefully he can land a spot in the mens league full time next year.

Both goalies have impressive skill, and I see these 2 as our top goalie prospects as of now. Danis hopefully will show what he can do at the AHL level, while Halak is still very young and has years to improve his game, so it's very hard to say how much upside he has.

Old
03-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Halak had a so-so WJC , he was the starting goalie for Slovakia . He's big in front of the net and he could learn many things from our exellent goalie coach and be a decent goalie one day .

Old
03-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Halak had a so-so WJC , he was the starting goalie for Slovakia . He's big in front of the net and he could learn many things from our exellent goalie coach and be a decent goalie one day .
Halak's big? Last time I checked, he was a small goaltender

Old
03-24-2004, 10:38 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Halak had a so-so WJC
I thought he had an excellent championship except for the last game he played. I seem to recall the announcers saying something like that during the game.

Old
03-24-2004, 10:52 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
I thought he had a great WJC. Most folks seem to focus on that big softie he let in against the Czech Republic in the playoff round that turned the momentum on that game, but let's not forget all the great saves he made to get his team that far in the tournament. His game against Russia, with a clearly inferior team in front of him was great. He was also named the best goalie at last year's U-18's, so he has played well at the junior level so far. As Dan said, he is still young and hard to say yet how good he will become.

Old
03-24-2004, 11:12 AM
tiredman

halak

Old
03-24-2004, 01:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I thought Halak was very good in the wjc's. 2 So's is impressive. Although he didnt' have the best game against Team USA or Team Czech Repbulic.

Closed Thread