HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alex Semin (with conditions)

Old
05-29-2009, 10:03 PM
God
Free Citizen

vCash: 500
I'm also on board with Bieksa, Hansen, and a 2nd for Semin and Clark.

You get your top 4 rugged defender, and a cheaper version of Chris Clark. To be honest, I really like Hansen but it seems like there's no space here for him. Damn Demitra signing :/ Oh well.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
I really like Moller. But obviously he can't be penciled in to our 2nd line yet.

Let me think about how I can involve the Kings in a 3-way trade that works for us....

...ok,

LAK Gets
Alex Semin
Brian Pothier (1 yr salary dump $2.5m)

COL Gets
#5 overall
Michael Neuvirth
Chris Clark (1yr salary dump $2.6m)

WAS Gets
Milan Hejduk
Oscar Moller

I'm pretty darn sure the Avs would do this. I like it from the Caps perspective because of the salary clearance that both teams can help with. Do the Kings sign up?
That's a damned solid proposal.

I'm not sure the Caps are willing to trade Neuwirth. Aside from talent, I think they see the economical Varlamov-Neuwirth tandem as part of the solution to their payroll issues down the line. I like it, though.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:14 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post

I'm not sure the Caps are willing to trade Neuwirth. Aside from talent, I think they see the economical Varlamov-Neuwirth tandem as part of the solution to their payroll issues down the line. I like it, though.
Well, I'm glad you at least see where I'm coming from here. Even if you would prefer other methods of moving the player in question.

And, frankly, I think we could demand something more from the Avs in this proposal. #33 pick is probably too much, but we could flip 2nd rounders or something (thus moving up from #54 to #33). That would give us two really appealing picks to use to help get defensive help if we prefer that route or the UFA market doesn't go the way we like.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Well, I'm glad you at least see where I'm coming from here. Even if you would prefer other methods of moving the player in question.

And, frankly, I think we could demand something more from the Avs in this proposal. #33 pick is probably too much, but we could flip 2nd rounders or something (thus moving up from #54 to #33). That would give us two really appealing picks to use to help get defensive help if we prefer that route or the UFA market doesn't go the way we like.
Agreed. Smyth might be a better fit in terms of style, but the contract doesn't fit as nicely. No, for the immediate contention goals and payroll constraints of the Caps, I think that's the right Avalanche player to target.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
ExOilerFan

vCash: 50
Quote:
I like Gilbert and Cogs. Nillson does nothing for us. He's a 3rd liner at best and we have too many of those sorts of players already. At $2m, he's a cap drain. The offer is better without him. I'd just replace him with a 2nd rounder.

I'm just not sure if Gilbert is a great fit for the Caps. We don't need an offensive defensemen. We need a physical defensive defensemen. Bieksa is perfect. Gilbert isn't.

It's an interesting proposal though.

First, Gilbert actually has a +6 while Bieksa has a -4. He has great size at 6'3" while Bieksa is smaller at 6'0". Gilbert is also very healthy as he has played consecutive games for two seasons.Secondly, Cogliano is the fastest player on the ice and would make a great second line player.Last but not least, Nilsson reminds me of Backstrom as he looks for the perfect play before shooting the puck.

Overall I think that Washington receives more depth for their forwards and a defenseman who can jump into the top two pairing with Mike Green.Meanwhile, the Oilers finally land a good forward for Hemsky.

ExOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:

Kings get hurt in this deal but gain way more and get exactly what we need. I say "Yes" from the Kings, especially if Washington throws us a small thing like a 3rd rounder back to us for taking the salary dump as we're trying to get out of the cellar too. Or...make Colorado throw us the pick since they make out great with the #5 overall.

Solid.

- R

PS - if we get a pick, we could package that pick and other middle round pick and possibly unload Pothier too to another team that is totally rebuilding. Maybe back to Colorado.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Someone else proposed the same deal, except Grabner instead of Hansen. Pretty much a wash.

Overall, I kinda like it. Its about the best 2-team offer I've seen.
I'm a Canuck fan, and I think Vancouver would need to make the pick a 1st for Wash. to consider it. - that being said, I think I would still do it

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:47 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post

I'm surprised Washington fans have any interest in Hejduk. I know he fills the scoring winger role, but he's aging - doesn't produce at the same level as Semin, and is a UFA after this season, so Washington can lose him for nothing, and be down a scoring winger. I know Semin will be an RFA looking for a raise, but move him then or get the 3-1st rounders for him if someone gives him an offersheet, or move him now for younger cheaper pieces and picks.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:49 AM
Alex28*

Cheapening Semin's value to carry a salary dump of a contract expiring after next year is, well, exceptionally stupid to say the least. Fedorov + Kozlov + Morrisson = ~9 million in freed salary space. Waive Theodore, Waive Pothier, Waive Clark, that's another 5 million or so.

On his own, Semin is worth something like Weber or Hodgson+. 4th highest PPG player in the league after the big 3 and point per game player in the playoffs. Also up there in +/- and takeaways for those thinking he has no defensive game. If his name is Rick Jackson and he speaks fluent english and isn't introverted he's be valued around what Parise is.

Jesus christ, these are atrocious. Hejduk + Cogliano? Just ****ing shoot me already.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:49 AM
detredWINgs

I'm probably way off, but what about something centered around Semin for Pronger, with the salary dumps thrown in and whatever else to balance it?

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Alex28*

Pardon me, Hejduk and Moller. That's even worse.

Old
05-30-2009, 01:50 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Cheapening Semin's value to carry a salary dump of a contract expiring after next year is, well, exceptionally stupid to say the least. Fedorov + Kozlov + Morrisson = ~9 million in freed salary space. Waive Theodore, Waive Pothier, Waive Clark, that's another 5 million or so.

On his own, Semin is worth something like Weber or Hodgson+. 4th highest PPG player in the league after the big 3 and point per game player in the playoffs. Also up there in +/- and takeaways for those thinking he has no defensive game. If his name is Rick Jackson and he speaks fluent english and isn't introverted he's be valued around what Parise is.

Jesus christ, these are atrocious. Hejduk + Cogliano? Just ****ing shoot me already.
Weber for Semin makes sense, value wise.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I'm probably way off, but what about something centered around Semin for Pronger, with the salary dumps thrown in and whatever else to balance it?
If Semin makes it clear that he will not resign for under 6.5 million and Pronger has a better season next year than this year, yeah it makes sense. If he can be resigned for 6 million or less (as I strongly suspect) no way in hell is he getting traded for an impending 35 year old UFA even if that UFA is god himself.

Old
05-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Weber for Semin makes sense, value wise.
That's the kind of trade I'd do. Semin + Morrisson + 4th for Weber + rights to Radulov. Major problem is that without Semin we become a 1 line team with a bottom tier 2nd line (Fleischmann - tentative center - Laich, that line would get smoked by any non lottery team on a regular basis), without the amazing offensive defense needed to make such teams successful, though Green, Weber, Alzner, Carlson and Poti may be enough.

Old
05-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Alex28*

Here's another way to look at it.

Semin's career high in goals is 2 less than Nash's career high in goals.

Semin's career high in points is the exact same as Nash's career high in points.

Semin's PPG in the playoffs this year is higher than Nash's and was impressive last year as well. At the rate he was going he can be reasonably expected to get 25-30 playoff points on a cup winning team if he's healthy throughout. Semin also in general had a significantly higher +/- than Nash if that counts for anything.

So, logically, Semin's value is around that of Nash, plus or minus a 2nd round pick depending on your preference for Semin's more proven playoff record or Nash's intangibles of sorts. Of course, no one here will see it that way since his name is Alexander Semin and not Rick Nash, and while Nash gets offers like Frolov + Johnson + 1st, Semin gets Moller + Hejduk.

Old
05-30-2009, 02:14 AM
Alex28*

Also Nash got 79 pts in 78 games, while Semin did the same in only 62 games.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:29 AM
um

semin aint gonna be traded get over it

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:48 AM
um

Quote:
That's the kind of trade I'd do. Semin + Morrisson + 4th for Weber + rights to Radulov. Major problem is that without Semin we become a 1 line team with a bottom tier 2nd line (Fleischmann - tentative center - Laich, that line would get smoked by any non lottery team on a regular basis), without the amazing offensive defense needed to make such teams successful, though Green, Weber, Alzner, Carlson and Poti may be enough.
i dotn wanna throw away semin whaaaaa i say trade morrison for artyukhin and a 1st and 3rd rounder for grobovski just imagine

ovie-back-flash
semin-grabovski-artyukhin
laich-steckel-fehr
clark-gordon-bradley

green-poti
alzner-jurcina
pothier-erskine

varly
theo

go caps

Old
05-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i dotn wanna throw away semin whaaaaa i say trade morrison for artyukhin and a 1st and 3rd rounder for grobovski just imagine

ovie-back-flash
semin-grabovski-artyukhin
laich-steckel-fehr
clark-gordon-bradley

green-poti
alzner-jurcina
pothier-erskine

varly
theo

go caps
The 1st should probably be left untouched and upgraded to a higher 1st unless it's traded for a major return like Volchenkov or Callahan. We're extremely well stocked on decent prospects who could be depth NHL players or even 2nd liners/top 4 defensemen one day if they're lucky. We need to shoot for the stars from now on. People of Josefsson/Kulikov/Cowen mold.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:56 AM
um

Quote:
The 1st should probably be left untouched and upgraded to a higher 1st unless it's traded for a major return like Volchenkov or Callahan. We're extremely well stocked on decent prospects who could be depth NHL players or even 2nd liners/top 4 defensemen one day if they're lucky. We need to shoot for the stars from now on. People of Josefsson/Kulikov/Cowen mold.
why should the first one be left untouched artyukhin could stand up for semin when hes getting bullying by that meanie orpik and just imagine when we montreal when komisarek tries to touch grobosvki artyukhin could r-ape them thats right R-APE THEM

Last edited by um: 05-30-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old
05-30-2009, 04:01 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
why should the first one be left untouched artyukhin could stand up for semin when hes getting bullying by that meanie orpik and just imagine when we montreal when komisarek tries to touch grobosvki artyukhin could r-ape them thats right R-APE

I meant the 1st round draft pick should be untouched. Otherwise I'd do both proposals with the 1st for Grabovski replaced by a 2nd and a prospect.

Also all that Orpik would have to do would be to take out his Lucic spray to send Komisarek convulsing to the ice.

Old
05-30-2009, 04:02 AM
Alex28*

Unless I'm really missing something. That post is a little beyond comprehension.

Kostitsyn is the one Grabovski wants to fight in the heart of the city under the full moon btw.

Old
05-30-2009, 04:03 AM
um

Quote:

I meant the 1st round draft pick should be untouched. Otherwise I'd do both proposals with the 1st for Grabovski replaced by a 2nd and a prospect.

Also all that Orpik would have to do would be to take out his Lucic spray to send Komisarek convulsing to the ice.
why is there first rounder untouchable toronto is trying to rebuild lets take advantage we cant be this good for so long

Old
05-30-2009, 04:05 AM
um

Quote:
Unless I'm really missing something. That post is a little beyond comprehension.

Kostitsyn is the one Grabovski wants to fight in the heart of the city under the full moon btw.
ya but im sure grobovski would enjoy watching them get r-aped THATS RIGHT R-APED

Old
05-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
why is there first rounder untouchable toronto is trying to rebuild lets take advantage we cant be this good for so long
Because it's better used elsewhere. I guess if it's used on Grabovski then he'd be our long-term 2nd line center and drafting Josefsson/Kadri/Palmieri/O'Reilly is no longer a priority.

Taking advantage though means getting more than just Grabovski back for a package with it.