HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alex Semin (with conditions)

Old
05-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Alex28*

vCash: 500
everyone EXCEPT, I meant to say.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Dream Big

If the offers coming back to Washington don't measurabley improve the team then I say we keep Semin. At least until the trade deadline in 2010.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 08:04 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
If the offers coming back to Washington don't measurabley improve the team then I say we keep Semin. At least until the trade deadline in 2010.
That's the wrong time to trade him. Buyers aren't going to give us anything that will help soon, they'll be dealing futures. Futures don't help a team going for the Cup.

If Semin has to be dealt "soon" (meaning he clearly can't be signed and fit into our cap situation) then deal him in the offseason and get the lineup set. If he's with the Caps at the deadline then keep him on the team, he's a better playoff asset than any deadline return would be.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 10:14 PM
um

if i recall the reason semin doesnt play ovechkin and backstrom is because he can produce second line scoring without him we'd just have 1 good line

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:45 PM
BTD5504

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
if i recall the reason semin doesnt play ovechkin and backstrom is because he can produce second line scoring without him we'd just have 1 good line
yes, and if you trade him at some point you could gain 1-2 2nd line players and probably a d-man.

it's not something that has to be done or even will be done....but it might, and it might not be as damning to the franchise as some caps fans think.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTD5504 View Post
yes, and if you trade him at some point you could gain 1-2 2nd line players and probably a d-man.

it's not something that has to be done or even will be done....but it might, and it might not be as damning to the franchise as some caps fans think.
Precisely. This is what I have been saying. This is why I started the thread. Unfortunately, my efforts to head off Alex28 hijacking it failed, even though I mentioned him by name in the OP.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:27 PM
BTD5504

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
Precisely. This is what I have been saying. This is why I started the thread. Unfortunately, my efforts to head off Alex28 hijacking it failed, even though I mentioned him by name in the OP.
yea man, i get what you are saying. on the surface it doesn't look like a good idea by Washington to move him, but if trading him can upgrade us in multiple areas (mainly: secondary scoring, PK, and defense) then i think it is something GMGM has to look in to. not sure if he will though. hell, the Caps have needed a big tough d-man for 11 years and we haven't seen one who can actually skate on the blueline in DC. very, very frustrating.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote