HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Curious about Hedman

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2009, 01:21 PM
  #1
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Curious about Hedman

I know this article/thread was extremely old but i thought it was kinda interesting. Could we be trading our 5th pick + Johnson + etc etc etc for another defenseman

http://www.hockeysverige.se/blogg_sh...5&showall=true

translation: "I have recieved a mailquestion about favoriteteam in the NHL and which team I want to be drafted by. My favorite team is Los Angeles Kings and that is the team that I follow with the most interest in the NHL and have the best knowledge of. I want to be draftet by them but the most important part is to be drafted and then it doesn't matter so much which team it is."

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 01:37 PM
  #2
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,978
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Meh. It is a nice compliment, but I would rather keep Johnson and draft someone with the 5th or acquire a franchise top 3 forward. If we somehow ended up with Hedman, we had damn well better be walking about with a signed Gaborik or Hossa by the end of the season. Then I would offer forgiveness. But that is a very miraculous series of events.

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 01:46 PM
  #3
Roxo
Registered User
 
Roxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,292
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roxo
http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=


for you lazy guys like me

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 02:55 PM
  #4
faceoffking
Registered User
 
faceoffking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
It would be an interesting situation...The thing that makes it for me is that he is a fan, I.e. Doughty. When a player cares about he organization from childhood it would seem that they would carry that on to their pro career and build on that. It would be nice to have Hedman and if it cost JJ i would do it. This guy can be the next chara but a better skater. you cant go wrong with that.

faceoffking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
  #5
FroFan
Registered User
 
FroFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoffking View Post
This guy can be the next chara but a better skater. you cant go wrong with that.
From all reports, the only thing Hedman has in common with Chara is his size. He doesn't have the mean streak that Chara does, and isn't particularly physical.

If the Kings somehow ended up with Hedman, we could undoubtedly look forward to the same kind of commentary we get about Boyle today ("Dude is 6'7", he needs to play like it!").

FroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
  #6
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
I would take Hedman for JJ and the 5th overall any day of the week.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 03:34 PM
  #7
FroFan
Registered User
 
FroFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I would take Hedman for JJ and the 5th overall any day of the week.
Why? You think Hedman is going to be so good that he's worth JJ *and* a potentially elite forward prospect? Are the Kings really at the point depth-wise that they can start doing 2-for-1 trades for a prospect (an established NHLer is a different story)?

Hedman may end up being better than Johnson (and I personally think that's questionable), but I don't know if he'll be better than Johnson AND MSP/Kane/Schenn. No way do I do that swap right now.

FroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:09 PM
  #8
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroFan View Post
Why? You think Hedman is going to be so good that he's worth JJ *and* a potentially elite forward prospect? Are the Kings really at the point depth-wise that they can start doing 2-for-1 trades for a prospect (an established NHLer is a different story)?

Hedman may end up being better than Johnson (and I personally think that's questionable), but I don't know if he'll be better than Johnson AND MSP/Kane/Schenn. No way do I do that swap right now.
Hedman will be better than Doughty at least imo and most on the prospects board. So the question should be would you trade JJ+5th for a 6'7 Lidstrom esque player?

JJ is my favorite player with Brown but thats what it would likely take to get to #2 if not more and if its just that I would very heavily consider it.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:15 PM
  #9
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroFan View Post
Why? You think Hedman is going to be so good that he's worth JJ *and* a potentially elite forward prospect? Are the Kings really at the point depth-wise that they can start doing 2-for-1 trades for a prospect (an established NHLer is a different story)?

Hedman may end up being better than Johnson (and I personally think that's questionable), but I don't know if he'll be better than Johnson AND MSP/Kane/Schenn. No way do I do that swap right now.
Yes Hedman is going to be an elite NHL defensemen. To me he should be the #1 pick not Taveras. Hedman and Doughty that has Pronger and Niedemayer written all over it. With those two playing 25 min per we will be cup contenders for years!


Last edited by Pucknut50: 05-29-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:22 PM
  #10
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
Hedman will be better than Doughty at least imo and most on the prospects board. So the question should be would you trade JJ+5th for a 6'7 Lidstrom esque player?

JJ is my favorite player with Brown but thats what it would likely take to get to #2 if not more and if its just that I would very heavily consider it.
I would trade JJ and Brown for Hedman.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:22 PM
  #11
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent
 
xavi4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Yes Hedman is going to be an elite NHL defensemen. To me he should be the #1 pick not Taveras. Hedman and Doughty that has Pronger and Niedemayer written all over it. With those two playing 25 min per we will be cup contenders for years!
It's hard to argue this, especially if we have a true #1 goaltender.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
  #12
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroFan View Post
From all reports, the only thing Hedman has in common with Chara is his size. He doesn't have the mean streak that Chara does, and isn't particularly physical.

If the Kings somehow ended up with Hedman, we could undoubtedly look forward to the same kind of commentary we get about Boyle today ("Dude is 6'7", he needs to play like it!").
I never say Boyle is 6-7 and should play like it. I have seen Boyle for years and he is a finesse player and the Kings knew that when they drafted him. Problem the Kings have is they make to much of Boyle's size and his need to be aggressive. He is aggressive enough but they never put him out there to succeed. He is not a 4th line grinder he is a second line complementary forward. Meaning he may not score 30 goals but with his size and hands he will give the other 2 forwards room and also cause traffic allowing scoring chances for the other 4 guys. He is what I call uncomfortable big for the opposition. Sorry for the Boyle tangent.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
  #13
JT8888
Registered User
 
JT8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I would trade JJ and Brown for Hedman.
How many times have you seen Hedman play?
You seem pretty sure that he will be very good

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:35 PM
  #14
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I would take Hedman for JJ and the 5th overall any day of the week.
I would have to agree with this - and I like JJ a lot. But Hedman is going to be a superstar defenseman. Remember - Chara wasn't exactly known for his physicality when he entered the league with the Isles and now he's arguably the best d-man in the league. Hedman's upside is ridiculous.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 04:44 PM
  #15
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
How many times have you seen Hedman play?
You seem pretty sure that he will be very good
Only seen Hedman play about 10 games. But I have seen JJ and Brown play every game in a Kings uniform. So putting those together I am willing to take the chance.

Jack Johnson I am sure will be a good defensemen and Brown we all know is good. But Hedman will be a super star. If the Islanders take Taveras over Hedman they will regret it down the road. If Hedman was available last year he would have been the first defensemen picked(maybe even #1) and we all know how good the D core was.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 06:04 PM
  #16
LaLaLand
Registered User
 
LaLaLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Only seen Hedman play about 10 games. But I have seen JJ and Brown play every game in a Kings uniform. So putting those together I am willing to take the chance.

Jack Johnson I am sure will be a good defensemen and Brown we all know is good. But Hedman will be a super star. If the Islanders take Taveras over Hedman they will regret it down the road. If Hedman was available last year he would have been the first defensemen picked(maybe even #1) and we all know how good the D core was.
Thank god your not our GM ... Johnson and Brown ... for Hedman hahahahahahah

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 06:55 PM
  #17
DeeMeck
Registered User
 
DeeMeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
Yeah, it is a leap to say Hedman will be a superstar. They said the same thing about Jack (which remains to be seen). If we make a move pre-draft...it won't be to move up to get one of these guys. We will be trading out of the pick for an established guy...wheter it be VL or IK.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 07:08 PM
  #18
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Johnson and Brown is way too much! Johnson+Alec Martinez and a 3rd maybe?

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 07:12 PM
  #19
Lanius
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Come to think of it, maybe we should've picked 5th last year(Filatov), and 2nd overall this year (Hedman).

Frolov - Kopitar - Filatov
Brown - Stoll - Williams

Hedman - Voynov
Johnson - Greene
Hickey - Teubert


If Isles ended up picking Victor with the 1st, that wouldve still left us with Tavares.

Brown - Tavares - Williams
Frolov - Kopitar - Filatov

****! ahh well

Lanius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 07:16 PM
  #20
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munnn View Post
Come to think of it, maybe we should've picked 5th last year(Filatov), and 2nd overall this year (Hedman).

Frolov - Kopitar - Filatov
Brown - Stoll - Williams

Hedman - Voynov
Johnson - Greene
Hickey - Teubert


If Isles ended up picking Victor with the 1st, that wouldve still left us with Tavares.

Brown - Tavares - Williams
Frolov - Kopitar - Filatov

****! ahh well
Nah I like having a loyal and awesome DD

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:09 PM
  #21
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
Nah I like having a loyal and awesome DD
Evander Kane will be the best player to come out of this draft in the long run....write that down!

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:40 PM
  #22
ukyo
Registered User
 
ukyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Silicon Valley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Evander Kane will be the best player to come out of this draft in the long run....write that down!
As a side note, I'd love to record and score these. It'd be interesting to see who knows their stuff in a few years.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:00 PM
  #23
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,684
vCash: 500
Imagine a Hedman-Doughty pairing..
That's scary man, real scary

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:52 PM
  #24
ukyo
Registered User
 
ukyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Silicon Valley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Imagine a Hedman-Doughty pairing..
That's scary man, real scary
Two seasons ago we were saying, imagine a Johnson-Doughty pairing...

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:55 PM
  #25
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,978
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
Two seasons ago we were saying, imagine a Johnson-Doughty pairing...
I still consider that a scary pairing.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.