HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky for the Kostitsyns

Old
05-31-2009, 01:47 AM
Rpro

vCash: 500
Hemsky has alot more value than both Kostitsyn bros. This isn't my opinion. This is fact! Take of the bleu blanc et rouge shades hab fans and watch Hemsky play.

Rpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:49 AM
blackcoffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
The joke is old and played out and just makes you look ignorant especially since they were cleared of any wrongdoing and as mentioned on the Habs board, the dude they knew was a wannabe anyways.
If it makes you feel any better, Edmonton is starting to get a pretty good rap as a gang city. Would that intise the kostitsyns?

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:53 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
If it makes you feel any better, Edmonton is starting to get a pretty good rap as a gang city. Would that intise the kostitsyns?
I thought that was Vancouver? Or am I thinking Winnipeg?

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I thought that was Vancouver? Or am I thinking Winnipeg?
I think I read in the journal that edmonton is now the #1 city for gang related violence in canada. I think that's per capita though.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:04 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
Hemsky has alot more value than both Kostitsyn bros. This isn't my opinion. This is fact! Take of the bleu blanc et rouge shades hab fans and watch Hemsky play.
So you don't think that Hemsky has more value than the Bros. Otherwise it would be your opinion as well as a fact.

FACT: something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b: an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5: a piece of information presented as having objective reality
in fact : in truth

So actually this is YOUR opinion and in no way is it a fact.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:08 AM
Rpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
So you don't think that Hemsky has more value than the Bros. Otherwise it would be your opinion as well as a fact.

FACT: something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b: an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5: a piece of information presented as having objective reality
in fact : in truth

So actually this is YOUR opinion and in no way is it a fact.
Only hab fans blinded by the aforementioned shades would think the Kostitsyns have more value than Hemsky.

Fact

Old
05-31-2009, 02:35 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

its close though. A. Kost can score goals, no doubt. They both have a lot of potential, but I would keep Hemsky as hes still young, cheap and has a boat load of skill. who know how the kosts will develop.

will they turn into dominant players? or just support guys similar to a sykora or svatos?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:39 AM
CrosbyCrosby*

I'd never do this if I was the oilers. The kostitsyns play dirty, and float way too much. Hemsky's only 2 years older than Andrei and has done much more.

CrosbyCrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 04:22 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Only hab fans blinded by the aforementioned shades would think the Kostitsyns have more value than Hemsky.

Fact
wrong again! nice try, hab hater.

still did not get the fact thing didn't you...I understand it can be a concept pretty hard to get...

FACT: The habs jerseys are either white or red
OPINION: The habs jerseys are ugly

I don't really expect you to get it this time either. Keep trying though, you can do it.

EDIT:Only habs fans? re-read the thread again although you seem to ignore the meaning of some words...

Old
05-31-2009, 04:29 AM
peperebougon*

For the record, I know Hemsky is the better (for now)but those 2 are worth him easily. Here is a post I made about Andrei in another thread:

2006-07 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 50 21 31 52 50 -- -- -- -- --
2006-07 Montreal Canadiens NHL 22 1 10 11 6 -- -- -- -- --
2007-08 Montreal Canadiens NHL 78 26 27 53 29 12 5 3 8 2
2008-09 Montreal Canadiens NHL 74 23 18 41 50
2008-09 Montreal Canadiens NHL 4 1 0 1 2
NHL Totals 186 52 56 108 87 16 6 3 9 4

I think Andrei Kostitsyn will have his breakout season next year. He scored 26 goals during his first campaign in which he started playing with Kovalev and Plekanec in the second half and scored most of his goals during that period. The following year he scored 23 despite being injured twice (including a concussion). When he came back from injury, he did not get his game back because of the injury and the mob story in which he supposedly was screwing prostitutes (false of course). Andrei had to deal with all the media attention in MTL and had to deal with his girlfriend/kids. He never really was on a regular line this year too and when he played with good linemates, he was paired with struggling players (plekanec, Kovalev). All this is enough to ruin a hockey season. Next year I expect him to score at least 35 goals, maybe even near 40. He has all the tools. Elite wrist shot, lethal slapper, very good puckhandling skills, good skater, hits like a tank (even play dirty some nights), great passing skills etc... This guy is the complete package and will show all the doubters how wrong they were...He will get more icetime/responsibilities next year, his 3rd season in the NHL. I also expect his lil bro to step up next year and have his breakout season a year later. This kid has AMAZING passing skills/vision. He also plays with an edge and will feed his bro' with his amazing passes. He is a pretty good scorer too but nowhere near Andrei. He also has his fair part of injuries and the scandal (ahemmmm) didn't help either. I'd say 90% of HF posters laugh about the ''sisters'' and say they aren't that good...They played with a horrible team with no direction and the events we all know about did hurt the shy Belarussians. Prepare to eat crow!!!!

edit:during his 22 games season, he almost never played more than 5 minutes A GAME and on 2 given night, made just 1 shift of around 30 seconds. I also remember a bunch of 2 minutes of ice-time games. Still he had 11 pts in 22 games as a ROOKIE WITH ALMOST NO ICE TIME AT ALL. I remember the fans (including me) being soooo pissed about it.

Rpro, if there are words you don't understand, feel free to ask.

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-31-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old
05-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Subban76

Quote:
For the record, I know Hemsky is the better (for now)but those 2 are worth him easily. Here is a post I made about Andrei in another thread:

2006-07 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 50 21 31 52 50 -- -- -- -- --
2006-07 Montreal Canadiens NHL 22 1 10 11 6 -- -- -- -- --
2007-08 Montreal Canadiens NHL 78 26 27 53 29 12 5 3 8 2
2008-09 Montreal Canadiens NHL 74 23 18 41 50
2008-09 Montreal Canadiens NHL 4 1 0 1 2
NHL Totals 186 52 56 108 87 16 6 3 9 4

I think Andrei Kostitsyn will have his breakout season next year. He scored 26 goals during his first campaign in which he started playing with Kovalev and Plekanec in the second half and scored most of his goals during that period. The following year he scored 23 despite being injured twice (including a concussion). When he came back from injury, he did not get his game back because of the injury and the mob story in which he supposedly was screwing prostitutes (false of course). Andrei had to deal with all the media attention in MTL and had to deal with his girlfriend/kids. He never really was on a regular line this year too and when he played with good linemates, he was paired with struggling players (plekanec, Kovalev). All this is enough to ruin a hockey season. Next year I expect him to score at least 35 goals, maybe even near 40. He has all the tools. Elite wrist shot, lethal slapper, very good puckhandling skills, good skater, hits like a tank (even play dirty some nights), great passing skills etc... This guy is the complete package and will show all the doubters how wrong they were...He will get more icetime/responsibilities next year, his 3rd season in the NHL. I also expect his lil bro to step up next year and have his breakout season a year later. This kid has AMAZING passing skills/vision. He also plays with an edge and will feed his bro' with his amazing passes. He is a pretty good scorer too but nowhere near Andrei. He also has his fair part of injuries and the scandal (ahemmmm) didn't help either. I'd say 90% of HF posters laugh about the ''sisters'' and say they aren't that good...They played with a horrible team with no direction and the events we all know about did hurt the shy Belarussians. Prepare to eat crow!!!!

edit:during his 22 games season, he almost never played more than 5 minutes A GAME and on 2 given night, made just 1 shift of around 30 seconds. I also remember a bunch of 2 minutes of ice-time games. Still he had 11 pts in 22 games as a ROOKIE WITH ALMOST NO ICE TIME AT ALL. I remember the fans (including me) being soooo pissed about it.

Rpro, if there are words you don't understand, feel free to ask.
But Hemsky is better and worth more than both borthers

Rpro, stop talking about colored glasses, because your Pat Quinn glasses are making you blind. Hemsky as more value than them on an individual basis, and only a little over A. Kost, so by adding S. Kost, it actually becomes a steal for you guys.

I hope you realize that Hemsky and A. Kost production last year was similar Hemsky will put up more assists, but A. Kost is a MUCH better sniper and goal scorer. You guys have seen nothing yet, wait until next year and you will be crying to make the trade...and we will be laughing

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:24 AM
WithOutPaperss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Komi View Post

Rpro, stop talking about colored glasses, because your Pat Quinn glasses are making you blind. Hemsky as more value than them on an individual basis, and only a little over A. Kost, so by adding S. Kost, it actually becomes a steal for you guys.

I hope you realize that Hemsky and A. Kost production last year was similar Hemsky will put up more assists, but A. Kost is a MUCH better sniper and goal scorer. You guys have seen nothing yet, wait until next year and you will be crying to make the trade...and we will be laughing
Really? Hemsky has eclipsed A.Kost's totals for the last 4 years, even in Hemsky's two seasons before that where he totalled 30 and 34 points, he still wasn't far behind Andrei Kostitsyn's totals NOW.

And since Kostitsyn is a sniper he is better then right? Goals is all that matters? I don't think you know what you're talking about, if he gets more assists then he is a better playmaker. Not to mention he gets around 20+ goals a year too.

Therefore A.Kost's value isn't just less then Hemsky...Hemsky has proven himself in the NHL, Andrei has not.

For the record I am fan of neither team.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:34 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:

I agree, next summer, same thread, we will be the ones laughing. Anyways they play a physical game so we need them. Hemsky is very good but not what we need at all. I'd love him but I'd trade softies for softies to get him...we can't lose physical players, we are trying to get bigger/tougher and in no way hemsky helps that. Just to be clear to you oils fans Hemsky would arguably be our best forward and I'd love him in a habs uniform. But what I see in the bros (been interested in them for a while) I like a lot. They will become a sedin type combo with a physical edge and, in sergei's case, a face you'd like to punch

If only we could get Gagner to center them I can't wait for the day when Andrei Kostitsyn will have his own trio with talented players FEEDING him the puck. He never touches the puck when playing with Plekanec and Kovalev. His shot is just wasted. He doesn't even play on the proper side! People who bash Kosty Sr don't know what he went through this year. I am amazed he scored 23 goals wich he almost scored all by himself because he played with poor players or with the wrong ones. Poor guy.

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-31-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old
05-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Duponttime*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
Just for fun. Would it be fair?

Hemsky is the best player in the deal, but I think A. Kostitsyn could someday be just as good. S. Kostitsyn also had great chemistry with Gagner in the OHL.
Would I trade Hemsky if I was the Oilers? Yes. That team needs to be built a different way. However, Hemsky is really good. He actually one Oilers player that deserve the praise the Oilers fans give him. You have to give up a lot to get him. Despite what Oilers fans say, their defenseman are pretty bad. Their defense each year lets up a lot of goals. They need a lot of help on defense. They also need 3rd-4th line players who can play some defense in a checking role.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:48 AM
OilerOlli*

Oh please...Kositsyn + Price perhaps.

OilerOlli* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:57 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon View Post
Really? Hemsky has eclipsed A.Kost's totals for the last 4 years, even in Hemsky's two seasons before that where he totalled 30 and 34 points, he still wasn't far behind Andrei Kostitsyn's totals NOW.

And since Kostitsyn is a sniper he is better then right? Goals is all that matters? I don't think you know what you're talking about, if he gets more assists then he is a better playmaker. Not to mention he gets around 20+ goals a year too.

Therefore A.Kost's value isn't just less then Hemsky...Hemsky has proven himself in the NHL, Andrei has not.

For the record I am fan of neither team.
...and I am a fan of either team... yeah right but one of those team is the team you hate the most and the bruins biggest rivalsso you cannot be biased At the exception of Koivu, I've never read a positive comment about a habs player. So let me be the judge of the pertinence of your opinion...by the way how many Hemsky games have you watched this year? You have to be a really big hockey fan to follow teams in the other conference enough to know what you are talking about. There is a lot of parrots on HF nowadays. Things like Subban can't play defense thing. There is always some genius to come up with this in a subban thread repeting what he previously read. None of them saw him play lately because he was voted by COACHES as the second best defensive d-man in the league. But even after reading this some idiot will still believe the stuff he read from a no name. Weird.

Andrei has only 2 seasons to his credit. A young guy who scored 49 goals in his first two season ALL BY HIMSELF, put with 4th liner or player not feeding him the puck, on the wrong side, with a mob/prostitute scandal to explain to his wife/kids, IN MONTREAL, the worst place to play when the media is on your case because the team should have picked homegrown talent instead of euros. Put hemsky in this situation and he would not put up the numbers he does.

the bolded part sounds idiotic because the first 2 seasons of hesmky versus the first 2 of Kostitsyn WHO PLAYED ONLY 2 FULL SEASONS. so the bolded NOW makes no sense. In fact the NOW would mean Andrei will be better. You cannot compare players seasons the way you did that makes no sense. Hemsky is the better player as of now, because he played more seasons in the NHL and plays in a better environment. Andrei has an incredible package wich will make him a force soon. He just need the puck and ice time. When he does get that (playing FINALLY with a good, non struggling center and his bro) Oils will be calling for hemsky and a 1st for Akost. And we will laugh. Andrei's wrist shot is pretty close to Ovechkin's, pay attention to it if he has the puck someday...

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-31-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old
05-31-2009, 10:03 AM
WithOutPaperss

Quote:
Andrei has only 2 seasons to his credit. A young guy who scored 49 goals in his first two season ALL BY HIMSELF, put with 4th liner or player not feeding him the puck, on the wrong side, with a mob/prostitute scandal to explain to his wife/kids, IN MONTREAL, the worst place to play when the media is on your case because the team should have picked homegrown talent instead of euros. Put hemsky in this situation and he would not put up the numbers he does.

the bolded part sounds idiotic because the first 2 seasons of hesmky versus the first 2 of Kostitsyn WHO PLAYED ONLY 2 FULL SEASONS. so the bolded NOW makes no sense. In fact the NOW would mean Andrei will be better. You cannot compare players seasons the way you did that makes no sense.
Oh really. How old was A.Kost after his first two seasons? 24. How old was Hemsky after his? 21. There ya go, big difference there, no?

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Absolutely not from a Habs' POV.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:32 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon View Post
Oh really. How old was A.Kost after his first two seasons? 24. How old was Hemsky after his? 21. There ya go, big difference there, no?
You can't evaluate development on age only. A first season is a first season no matter how old you are. You have to adjust...Read again my other posts for a resume of Andrei 2 seasons here and what he has been through. Almost every player's first two season are not the ones where they break out, no matter how old they are. So yes, despite age, Andrei's 2 first seasons were better than Hemsky's and he scored hi 49 goals all by himself with team mates who won't feed him the puck or teammates who can't. He didn't play big minutes either. I'll keep the bros because in the end, Akost has got the better package of skill and physical play. He also has a LASER of a shot close to Ovechkin's (no he isn't even sniffing Ovy's jockstrap I know I am talking about the shot). Starting this year, Kosty will crush Hemsky, take the puck and put it in your net. I'll always take the scorer over the passer especially if he hits like a tank and can play dirty. A passer with no scorer is useless. Add to that the softness of Hemsky. We have enough passer/dipsy-doodlers.

Edit: Andrei spent time in the AHL because there was no room for him and they wanted him to work on his defensive play. He was also pretty rough because belarus is not a force and therefore the coaches/infrastructures are not as goos as big name countries. He needed polish AND WAS VERY SICK. He was ready at least a full season before he was a regular. The fact he started his nhl career later has zero impact on who will be the better let's say 2 years from now. Kosty is gonna be the guy in the proposal threads a lot more than Hemsky. A Kosty type player is harder to find and more useful.

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-31-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old
05-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hemsky as more value than them on an individual basis, and only a little over A. Kost, so by adding S. Kost, it actually becomes a steal for you guys.
The Oilers don't want to be associated with "stealing", or the "Kostitsyn's".

Quote:
I hope you realize that Hemsky and A. Kost production last year was similar
Yea...OK. Hemsky put up 66 points, and A. Kostitsyn put up 41 points. By your math Hemsky put up similiar numbers to Joe Thornton, or Ryan Getzlaf.
Quote:
Hemsky will put up more assists, but A. Kost is a MUCH better sniper and goal scorer.
They both put up 23 goals last season???? Don't bother with the quality of linemates excuse. Hemsky played with Horcoff, and Penner(a few times with Moreau, and Reddox)
Quote:
wait until next year and you will be crying to make the trade...and we will be laughing
Habs fans were saying the same thing last summer about Sergei Kostitsyn being better than Sam Gagner.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Rpro

It's quite comical reading some of these comments.

Hemsky is just a higher tier player. And I don't see either of the Bros reaching Hemskys level. That seems to be the main argument, Hemsky is better for now. Oh really? Ok then how 'bout we trade you Gilbert and Smid for Markov then. Markov is better...for now. But Gilbert could be better in the future right? He did just finish his first 2 seasons with 40+ points. Same argument.

Btw I don't hate the Habs at all. They're the only other Canadian team I cheer for.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Rpro

Quote:
....softness of Hemsky.
You think Hemsky is soft?

Shows how much you've actually watched him play.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:51 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
You think Hemsky is soft?

Shows how much you've actually watched him play.
he'll take a hit very well and get right back up. That is something I know. You can be soft and play through traffic well...he does. He is soft compared to the Kost bros who hit more and harder. They also piss off other teams. Hemsky does that? He holds his own very well in rough play. I see softness as lack of agression/mean streak (I speak french so my use of certain words/expressions may sometimes be not what I really mean). If you define as soft a player who can't play in a rough game, then he is not soft at all. To me a player can be soft and hold his own.

Anyways we are comparing 2 different players who bring totally different things to the table. You pick what you want for your team, I'll take the rugged scorer (who can also pass the dang puck like there is no tomorrow mind you all) lay thunderous checks and piss off opposition before more talented playmaker who puts up 20 goals. just a matter of choice/tastes. And needs.

edit: And by the way the habs are labelled a soft team yet most of our players aren't softer than Hemsky.

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-31-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old
05-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
he'll take a hit very well and get right back up. That is something I know. You can be soft and play through traffic well...he does. He is soft compared to the Kost bros who hit more and harder. They also piss off other teams. Hemsky does that? He holds his own very well in rough play. I see softness as lack of agression/mean streak (I speak french so my use of certain words/expressions may sometimes be not what I really mean). If you define as soft a player who can't play in a rough game, then he is not soft at all. To me a player can be soft and hold his own.

Anyways we are comparing 2 different players who bring totally different things to the table. You pick what you want for your team, I'll take the rugged scorer (who can also pass the dang puck like there is no tomorrow mind you all) lay thunderous checks and piss off opposition before more talented playmaker who puts up 20 goals. just a matter of choice/tastes. And needs.
Both Kostitsyns are pretty soft in their own zone, and instead of blocking shots they dive away.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:16 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Both Kostitsyns are pretty soft in their own zone, and instead of blocking shots they dive away.
Soft in their own zone??? what the hell does that mean???They stop hitting and trying hard and play with an edge in their zone but they are not soft outside of it? makes no sense. Both of them? this must be a belarussian thing. Shifting personnality when crossing lines.

Another one liner with no basis on truth. You gotta love those posts presented as a cold hard fact while just being opinion. They aren't great defensively, this is not their role but in no way are they like you try to pass as a fact. They never hurt the team defensively and I'd say Sergei (who is also included in the deal mind you) is very good defensively, that is what helped him make the team ACCORDING TO TREVOR TIMMINS AND DON LEVER. Andrei is ok too, nothing to worry about there, weakest link of his game but is not enough to be a weakness. I saw almost their games with the habs, some with the bulldogs and world championships as well as some junior games for Sergei. In no way are they what you depict them to be. It smells like a comment pulled out of an arse. Kind of opinion based on a 7-2 loss wich was the only habs game they seen all year...

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-31-2009 at 11:21 AM.