HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky for the Kostitsyns

Old
05-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Passchendaele

vCash: 500
The Kostitsyn are having attitude issues. Their teammates spoke openly about it after the season's end.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:27 AM
superstar436

andrei will score 40 goals one of these days, but not in MTL

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

If either Hemsky or both Kostitsyns were offered up to the Coyotes I'd take Hemsky without thinking twice.

He has elite skill, the others do not. That's the difference.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:34 AM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
The Kostitsyn are having attitude issues. Their teammates spoke openly about it after the season's end.
Link to this? And please no articles that are basically a pile of speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
andrei will score 40 goals one of these days, but not in MTL
Good to see you can predict the future...mind telling us some lottery numbers too?

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
You think Hemsky is soft?

Shows how much you've actually watched him play.
I've watched him play, both on TV and live and I can attest that he makes the Sedin's look tough.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I've watched him play, both on TV and live and I can attest that he makes the Sedin's look tough.
I'm not sure what your point is but in the same way that Hemsky isn't soft, neither are the Sedins. All 3 are willing to go into the tough spots in the offensive zone. While they may not initiate contact they don't shy away from it either. Hitting isn't their game but none of them are outside only kind of players.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:54 AM
otto bond

I like Hemsky but MTl needs snipers(pure one) and Hemsky is a playmaker
We could all debate this one thill the cows come home but the point is, like I said in previous thread, MTL and EDM are BAD TRADING PARTNERS/thread

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:58 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
I am not aware of that except one time when Komisarek was asked if he would accept sergei around the team. He said made a couple mistakes and he needed a second chance. I breath habs and i can assure you this is the only thing I recall. Andrei never causes any trouble except the pseudo scandal. He is too shy to have attitude issues except drinking beer and clubbing with his bro. That is not a crime and I'm sure you would be amazed to know what your fave team's players do at night. They don't all go home to watch dirty dancing you know.Will people stop posting stuff they thing they may have read somewhere sometime.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:04 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
If either Hemsky or both Kostitsyns were offered up to the Coyotes I'd take Hemsky without thinking twice.

He has elite skill, the others do not. That's the difference.
Sergei: elite passing skills
Andrei: elite wristshot and slapshot coupled with very good stickandling.

Old
05-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Why because he doesn't throw body checks? or fight? he isn't afraid to go into the high traffic areas, or block shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
I'm not sure what your point is but in the same way that Hemsky isn't soft, neither are the Sedins. All 3 are willing to go into the tough spots in the offensive zone. While they may not initiate contact they don't shy away from it either. Hitting isn't their game but none of them are outside only kind of players.
Thank you,

Habs fans are the only ones who believe that A+S Kostitsyn>Hemsky. Also Andrei's contract kills this deal. If Edmonton made this trade we would be the only team in the NHL without a true 1st line player

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Passchendaele

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
I am not aware of that except one time when Komisarek was asked if he would accept sergei around the team. He said made a couple mistakes and he needed a second chance. I breath habs and i can assure you this is the only thing I recall. Andrei never causes any trouble except the pseudo scandal. He is too shy to have attitude issues except drinking beer and clubbing with his bro. That is not a crime and I'm sure you would be amazed to know what your fave team's players do at night. They don't all go home to watch dirty dancing you know.Will people stop posting stuff they thing they may have read somewhere sometime.
I can't remember if it was in Le Journal de Montreal or in La Presse, but I definitely did read something about it not so long ago. From what I recall, Dandenault is one of them.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
You Montreal fans are being pretty arrogant declaring Andrei Kostitsyn a 40 goal scorer when he has yet to hit 30.

Andrei has all the skill in the world, and has potential to be a 40 goal scorer, but he lacks one major thing; heart. He was absolutely terrible last year, and if he continues with his attitude, he won't ever be a 40 goal scorer. Hell, he won't even be a 30 goal scorer if he keeps it up.

From Edmonton's perspective, this would be an extremely dumb trade. Hemsky is the face of your franchise, and actually plays with heart. However,the offer would be alot more enticing if Montreal offered an additonal 1st rounder, or Christopher Higgins.

Last edited by Cleatus: 05-31-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:16 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
I can't remember if it was in Le Journal de Montreal or in La Presse, but I definitely did read something about it not so long ago. From what I recall, Dandenault is one of them.
I call these tricky questions the media is very good at that. It must feel like being interrogated by 100 cops. They know how to get just enough to create a story and make it article worthy. There is fierce competition because there are too many of them.

BTW you are absolutely right I remember the dandenault episode. It's around the same time as Komisarek's and they were saying the same thing except Dandy was a little bit more harsh. Nothing article worthy in my opinion and I remember being pretty angry at the article too.

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-31-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old
05-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
You Montreal fans are being pretty arrogant declaring Andrei Kostitsyn a 40 goal scorer when he has yet to hit 30.
Which Montreal fan said that?
Quote:
Andrei has all the skill in the world, and has potential to be a 40 goal scorer, but he lacks one major thing; heart. He was absolutely terrible last year, and if he continues with his attitude, he won't ever be a 40 goal scorer. Hell, he won't even be a 30 goal scorer if he keeps it up.
What are the attitude issues you are referring to?
Quote:
Also, him not playing for Belarus in the World Cup because Grabovski was playing showed how immature he is.
Injuries and fatigue were probably a factor. Could you provide a link that shows that Grabovski was a factor?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sergei: 22 year old who can't stick in the NHL
Andrei: 23 goals is not elite. Neither is a 13.6 S%

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:39 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Sergei: 22 year old who can't stick in the NHL
Andrei: 23 goals is not elite. Neither is a 13.6 S%
Sergei: You were probably asleep all year or on some other planet or cave, but he was sent down to teach him a lesson for the scandal thing you are gonna hear about someday. I won't tell you the ending.

Andrei has an elite wristshot, an elite slapshot and very good stickhadling skills. Stats always tell the whole story, if it is written it has gotta be true right? And I never said he was elite I said he had elite skills (slapper, wrister).

Alex Kovalev has elite skills and is not elite. So yes andrei has some elite skills too. He has a lot more than that to his game, enough to make him a semi-elite player in the next years. And sorry but Hemsky is not elite either although further into his developpment. Few are elite. He'll never be and both Kostys won't either.

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-31-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old
05-31-2009, 12:42 PM
peperebougon*

ok I'm done arguing over this I just repeat myself because people don't read or willingly overlook facts. I am going outside!!! Have a nice one!

Old
05-31-2009, 12:45 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
We'll keep the Brothers!!!

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Traktor*

Wowzers.

I can only assume a large majority of Habs fans have limited amount of viewings of Hemsky - its the only conclusion one can come to that would justify these ridiculous posts.

It doesn't matter if its one Kostitsyn or 10 Kostitsyn's. Hemsky isn't getting traded for them.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Which Montreal fan said that?
What are the attitude issues you are referring to?
Injuries and fatigue were probably a factor. Could you provide a link that shows that Grabovski was a factor?
Did you not see the two Montreal fans in this thread saying stuff like "watch, Andrei will score 40 goals next year, and you will all be sorry."?

The attitude issues I'm referring to are his mini meltdowns where he pulls little cheapshots, and his overall lack of heart.

I guess I shouldn't have included the Grabovski thing because it was only speculated on The Score during one of their talks. I'll delete it, however, I really do believe that was a huge factor in why he didn't play for Belarus.

Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
By elite you mean best in the world, right?

Holy puck.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post

From Edmonton's perspective, this would be an extremely dumb trade. Hemsky is the face of your franchise, and actually plays with heart. However,the offer would be alot more enticing if Montreal offered an additonal 1st rounder, or Christopher Higgins.
You sound like Hemsky is a Thornton, Lecavalier type of player, which he is not at all.

Both Kost is overpayment, just ask anybody with decent hockey knowledge

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Elite: b. The best or most skilled members of a group

Maybe Andrei is elite compared to the other Habs players at shooting but he is in no way an elite player. He does not have an elite shot. His stickhandling is above average but only slightly, same with his shot.

I'm not even going to touch in on Sergei because he has no elite skills whatsoever.

Ales Hemsky on the other hand DOES have ELITE stickhandling abilities. He is top 10 if not top 5 in the league at stickhandling. That is mildly debatable I guess but not really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBwVf...eature=related

And this doesn't even include his goals from this year which eclipse most of those goals in that video. He has elite hands.

Also if you watch at 1:45 to 2:45 you will see that he has a ridiculous shot. I mean a ridiculous shot! He just doesn't use it enough because of his playmaking and dangling skills. He is more valuable then the Kostitsyns

Regin 43* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Rpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Komi View Post
Both Kost is overpayment, just ask anybody with decent hockey knowledge
Funny how it's mainly just hab fans that seem to think that. I guess they're the only ones with 'decent hockey knowledge' right?

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Prendan Brust

Both Kosts' value is at all time low right now. With all the question marks surrounding them there's no way you can get a player of Hemsky's caliber for them. After 2007-2008 season, that trade might have been seen differently, even by oilers fans, but right now it isn't a realistic trade IMHO. Anyway, as a habs fan, I'd rather keep them, cross my fingers and hope they'll pick up where they left at the end of the 2007-2008 season than unload them for an unsatisfying package (not Hemsky of course).

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote