HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky for the Kostitsyns

Old
05-31-2009, 09:05 PM
MonacoBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regin 43 View Post
That is the worst day in NHL history for a single team. That was a god aweful trade as well.
It's an awful trade, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point was that Montreal's media and fans exaggerated what had happened, which is the exact opposite of Edmonton's situation. Montreal's fanbase and its journalists tend to be overdramatic.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
But Kostitsyn isn't just a 50 point player. He's a 50 point player with potential for 70+ points. And Sergei isn't just a 30 point player either. The potential that Andrei has is below Hemsky's but not enough for me to trade both brothers.

I would definitely trade the Kostitsyns for both Sedins, but not for one. I would, however, trade both Kostitsyns for Vanek simply because he is such a great goalscorer. I also think Vanek has more upside than Hemsky. Call me crazy but I think Vanek can be a 90-100 player. As for Kessel, I'm not sure. He's not exactly proven, but I would consider it.
I'd rther have Hemsky then Kessel but yeah you caught me on my Vanek point lol.

IMO Vanek will put up 90ish points next season (45/45) and he will be considered top 10 in the NHL (which in my mind he already is).

I'd say Hemsky maxes out at 85, A Kost maxes out at 65 and S Kost maxes out at 45 (which isn't bad at all for a second liner)

Regin 43* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
It's an awful trade, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point was that Montreal's media and fans exaggerated what had happened, which is the exact opposite of Edmonton's situation. Montreal's fanbase and its journalists tend to be overdramatic.
Yeah I know I just hate thinking about how a General Manager could make a trade like that. I am an Oilers fan (as you've probably noticed by my Hemsky homerism) and I can't even think about trading the second best player in NHL history, along with another player that I like, for basically money and draft picks.

And yeah Montreal media do need to tone it down but I don't see that as an excuse considering how players have donw there in the past.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:14 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
I'd rther have Hemsky then Kessel but yeah you caught me on my Vanek point lol.

IMO Vanek will put up 90ish points next season (45/45) and he will be considered top 10 in the NHL (which in my mind he already is).

I'd say Hemsky maxes out at 85, A Kost maxes out at 65 and S Kost maxes out at 45 (which isn't bad at all for a second liner)
I think Andrei can do better than 65. He's played like a PPG player at times. Last year, he played the second half of the year as a PPG player. Playing away from Kovy and Plekanec last year, he's a PPG player. Andrei is definitely a moody player in the sense that he's not one of those players who you can just plug into the lineup. But he's got a good skill package and, if he can put it all together, it'll result in more than 65 points. One of my fears is that Andrei will get traded and have a monster 40 goal/70+ point season. I'm not saying it will happen but Montreal has a bad history with that kind of thing. Did you really believe Streit would be a consistent 50+ point season? And Ribeiro...did you see that coming? I'm just very afraid to trade Andrei given what has happened to the Habs in the past.

As for Sergei, I completely disagree. There is no way he maxes out at 45 points. He's definitely a 50-60 point player at least. He's just too fast and too skilled to be a 45 point player. Sergei just needs some more time to develop.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:16 PM

People saying Andrei Kostitsyn isn't a proven NHLer have not been following the NHL for 2 or 3 years.

Andrei's last 2 seasons, he's played 78 and 74 games. Before that, he had a career high of 22 games.

So, in these last 2 seasons, he's scored 26 and 23 goals. Therefore Andrei Kostitsyn IS a proven 20 GOAL SCORER in the NHL.

Sergei Kostitsyn, now he is an unproven player at the NHL level.

I wouldnt deal the bros for Hemsky, but Hemsky does have more value. I really like the potential for the Kostitsyns, if they can ever actually show up every night. We're talking about players with incredible hockey sense and vision, both of them can either be a sniper or playmaker, although SK is more of a set-up guy while AK likes to shoot the puck.

I think Andrei will break out next year, and could possibly have a couple of 40-40-80 seasons in his career. Maybe not your typical 1st line all-star, but a very solid offensive contributor with speed, size and that is as strong as a bull.

Sergei's potential is more a 20-50-70, and has someone else has said before he is a pitbull with a short temper, he loves the rough stuff and doesn't take **** from anyone.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:18 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Yeah I know I just hate thinking about how a General Manager could make a trade like that. I am an Oilers fan (as you've probably noticed by my Hemsky homerism) and I can't even think about trading the second best player in NHL history, along with another player that I like, for basically money and draft picks.

And yeah Montreal media do need to tone it down but I don't see that as an excuse considering how players have donw there in the past.
In the past, it wasn't as bad. Montreal's media has always been ridiculous, but there was less reporters and less media access. They didn't used to stalk players and the Internet wasn't around to fuel baseless speculation. It was a different time. Players did bad things, but nobody said anything. It's different now. To make things worse, the Habs don't have the Nordiques to deflect attention. Now, it's a bunch of bitter ex-Nords fans working in the media, and all they want is to see a true Quebecer Habs team. When the Habs last won the Cup, they had the Nords to relieve the pressure. They don't even have that luxury now.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
I think Andrei can do better than 65. He's played like a PPG player at times. Last year, he played the second half of the year as a PPG player. Playing away from Kovy and Plekanec last year, he's a PPG player. Andrei is definitely a moody player in the sense that he's not one of those players who you can just plug into the lineup. But he's got a good skill package and, if he can put it all together, it'll result in more than 65 points. One of my fears is that Andrei will get traded and have a monster 40 goal/70+ point season. I'm not saying it will happen but Montreal has a bad history with that kind of thing. Did you really believe Streit would be a consistent 50+ point season? And Ribeiro...did you see that coming? I'm just very afraid to trade Andrei given what has happened to the Habs in the past.

As for Sergei, I completely disagree. There is no way he maxes out at 45 points. He's definitely a 50-60 point player at least. He's just too fast and too skilled to be a 45 point player. Sergei just needs some more time to develop.
I feel really bad here. All your points here were really good. Unfortunately I said that Streit was better then Markov last year and that Montreal wouldn't score very much without him. And when they traded Ribeiro I said that he was their best player and they should have traded Ryder. As you can imagine I got flamed hard for the Ribeiro part by Habs fans in Ottawa. And while I think Andrei could possibly have that potential, he won't reach itt mostly because he is too streaky IMO.

But about Sergei, I really don't think that he will be one of the 60 best forwards in the NHL and only about 60 players hit 60+ points. I see him being a solid second liner putting up 45 points but I can't see him getting higher for some reason

Old
05-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
In the past, it wasn't as bad. Montreal's media has always been ridiculous, but there was less reporters and less media access. They didn't used to stalk players and the Internet wasn't around to fuel baseless speculation. It was a different time. Players did bad things, but nobody said anything. It's different now. To make things worse, the Habs don't have the Nordiques to deflect attention. Now, it's a bunch of bitter ex-Nords fans working in the media, and all they want is to see a true Quebecer Habs team. When the Habs last won the Cup, they had the Nords to relieve the pressure. They don't even have that luxury now.
Okay fair enough. That all makes sense.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Okay fair enough. That all makes sense.
Last season was eye-opening for me. If I was a pro hockey player, I wouldn't mind playing for the Habs, but they certainly wouldn't be my first choice anymore.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Last season was eye-opening for me. If I was a pro hockey player, I wouldn't mind playing for the Habs, but they certainly wouldn't be my first choice anymore.
To be honest they would be my last choice.. for many reasons (mostly the media and the fact that I am a sens fan). But I think if I was a pro player I would want to start my career in the U.S in a no pressure situation then come back to Canada as a veteran and try to win a cup in Canada.

Because I realize that the media isn't as bad in Ottawa but it still managed to destroy Redden and is threatening to run Spezza out of town.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:29 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
I feel really bad here. All your points here were really good. Unfortunately I said that Streit was better then Markov last year and that Montreal wouldn't score very much without him. And when they traded Ribeiro I said that he was their best player and they should have traded Ryder. As you can imagine I got flamed hard for the Ribeiro part by Habs fans in Ottawa. And while I think Andrei could possibly have that potential, he won't reach itt mostly because he is too streaky IMO.

But about Sergei, I really don't think that he will be one of the 60 best forwards in the NHL and only about 60 players hit 60+ points. I see him being a solid second liner putting up 45 points but I can't see him getting higher for some reason
I'm not sure I agree with Sergei, but he's definitely not a proven player so we'll just have to wait and see. For the record, I like the Oilers and I love watching Hemsky play. And I also think him, Cogliano and Gagner all have great potential. I know some Oilers' fans are down on their team, but I wouldn't trade any of the young guys if I was the Oilers either. Cogliano is just too fast and too skilled. If he busts, who cares? But you have to wait and see. Make a trade if it's really worth it, not just because the value is good.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
The Habs won't trade the Kostitsyns for Hemsky

and Cleatus you can just write that you don't like russian players
LoL, yeah, okay.

And Sergei a future 60 point player? Now I've heard it all. That must mean that Grabovski is a future 100 point player.

Also, I never said Datsyuk lacked heart. I was just pointing out that he's been less than impressive in this year's playoffs (I expected alot more from him, like how he was last year).

Last edited by Cleatus: 05-31-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:51 PM
mytor4*

If we trade the Kostitsyn bros i hope to God we can get better than a soft Hemsky.One if not both will soon produce just as much as Hemsky . I might consider the deal if the Oilers add their 1st rd pick this yr.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:53 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
If we trade the Kostitsyn bros i hope to God we can get better than a soft Hemsky.One if not both will soon produce just as much as Hemsky . I might consider the deal if the Oilers add their 1st rd pick this yr.
Hemsky is not soft! But that's already been covered if you go a couple pages back..

Old
05-31-2009, 09:53 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
LoL, yeah, okay.

And Sergei a future 60 point player? Now I've heard it all. That must mean that Grabovski is a future 100 point player.
lol I agree that it won't happen but it isn't as much of a stretch as you are making it out to be. And I would say that Andrei and Grabovski have the same value meaning that Sergei doesn't have that much less value then Grabs

Old
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Shut up, just shut up!

Old
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Hemsky is not soft! But that's already been covered if you go a couple pages back..
I'm gonna be honest, if all habs fans were like you then Habs fans would get ripped on much, much less.

Old
05-31-2009, 09:55 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Shut up, just shut up!
See what we have to deal with
These are the people who are judging our players and giving them a hard time! It was awful watching people mock Price and I love him for fighting back. Him and Gainey stopped real short of calling those people idiots

Old
05-31-2009, 09:58 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
I'm gonna be honest, if all habs fans were like you then Habs fans would get ripped on much, much less.
I don't know what their problem is. It's like they're blind or something. I've seen Hemsky get crushed by guys like Phaneuf and then just get up and walk away. How is that NOT tough?

Old
05-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
See what we have to deal with
These are the people who are judging our players and giving them a hard time! It was awful watching people mock Price and I love him for fighting back. Him and Gainey stopped real short of calling those people idiots
Unfortunately I do not need to stop short. That poster was an IDIOT.
And yeah I feel bad for you guys.

First of all Hemsky is in no way soft. Secondly, even though you wouldn't do the original you have to agree that Hemsky and the 10th overall pick is worth more then the Kostitsyns no?

And yeah I gained ALOT of respect for Price when he fought back in that game. I hate the habs and almost everything about them, but now I just want Carey to succeed to show up habs fans and media

Old
05-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Cleatus

Quote:
lol I agree that it won't happen but it isn't as much of a stretch as you are making it out to be. And I would say that Andrei and Grabovski have the same value meaning that Sergei doesn't have that much less value then Grabs
I'd have to say that Sergei has alot less trade value than Andrei and Grabovski.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
I don't know what their problem is. It's like they're blind or something. I've seen Hemsky get crushed by guys like Phaneuf and then just get up and walk away. How is that NOT tough?
He is in no way a grinder, he is not paid to go wreck people behind the net. He is paid to pass and to score which is what he does. When he gets hit, he gets up and tries to do his job. "Soft" is a player who shys away from contact and plays around the outside of the ice and is afraid to get hit. Hemsky is in no way a player like that. He dangles people ALOT, ridiculous dangles. It works half the time... the other half... he gets his legs taken out, or his head smashed in. But guess what, he finishes the shift and finishes the game. He doesn't always dish it out, but he is not afraid to take it.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Cleatus

Quote:

First of all Hemsky is in no way soft. Secondly, even though you wouldn't do the original you have to agree that Hemsky and the 10th overall pick is worth more then the Kostitsyns no?

And yeah I gained ALOT of respect for Price when he fought back in that game. I hate the habs and almost everything about them, but now I just want Carey to succeed to show up habs fans and media
I'm a fan of Price myself, but it was very dumb of him to taunt the crowd when they were jeering him. You can't let that type of stuff get to you, it can really screw your confidence.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:

I would definitely do the 10th overall and Hemsky for the Kositsyns. There's a bit of a drop off after the top 7 for this draft, but you can still get a very good player at 10th overall.

As for Price...I remember Gainey at a press conference being asked by a reporter why he played Price. The guy was like "even my wife would've played Halak."

Gainey's reponse? "Well, Price is a thoroughbred but your wife doesn't recognize it. I'm also not as good at baking bread as your wife." A little sexist but the reporter shut up

Old
05-31-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
LoL, yeah, okay.

In what world does Grabovski has more potential than Sergei K?

Grabovski had 48 points in 78 games playing 1st line minutes!! He is 25 and still can't stand on his skates for a full shift at the NHL level.

SK had 27 and 23 points in 52 and 56 games, playing limited minutes the last 2 seasons, just turned 22 and is becoming a better player every game he plays in the NHL.

If Sergei doesn't get at least 60 points in one of the next 3 seasons in the NHL, I will blow up the Bell Center, during a game (against Toronto or Boston, preferably).

No, seriously, Sergei is going to be a star. He's kinda like Tanguay, except more gritty, just not as good defensively, but that will come. Sergei's offensive zone vision is second to none.

Penalty shot goal he scored in his rookie year:

OK, what about this: cheap shots Krejci while leading 6-1 in the 3rd, then fights Kobasew. Can't blame him for not being intense/involved in the game/physical

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote