HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky for the Kostitsyns

Old
05-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Regin 43*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
I'd have to say that Sergei has alot less trade value than Andrei and Grabovski.
Yeah, I can see where your coming from. I guess I'm falling under the hf rule where potential is way more important then actual skill right now. Sorry bout that.

However, you can never be sure of a players potential.

Sergei has 50 points in 108 career NHL games. (0.46ppg)

Grabo has 57 points in 105 career NHL games. (0.54ppg)

Andrei has 108 points in 186 career NHL games. (0.58ppg)

However, Sergei is 3 years younger then Grabovski. So as of right now, you are right Grabo and Andrei have much more value, but none of us can tell the future so we will have to wait and see what happens.

Regin 43* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
No, seriously, Sergei is going to be a star. He's kinda like Tanguay, except more gritty, just not as good defensively, but that will come. Sergei's offensive zone vision is second to none.

Penalty shot goal he scored in his rookie year:

Seeing Renney in that video made me wanna ask this... how does everone think that Quinn and Renney will do together in Edmonton?

Also, I'm not gonna go out on a limb here... S Kost will never be as good as Tanguay

Last edited by Regin 43*: 05-31-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old
05-31-2009, 10:23 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regin 43 View Post
Seeing Renney in that video made me wanna ask this... how does everone think that Quinn and Renney will do together in Edmonton?
Good? Renney is the perfect "associate coach." He's an Xs and Os guy. Great tactician who can coach defense and organize a mean PK. Patty will take care of the offense and keep the guys in line, which Renney isn't capable of doing.

Maybe it's just me but having two experienced and well-qualified coaches seems like a great idea. I don't see Renney as someone who will cause problems. It's likely that his time in NY was what pushed him to accept an "associate coach" position. Maybe he just saw that he wasn't comfortable being "the guy" like Babcock is.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:27 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:

Also, I'm not gonna go out on a limb here... S Kost will never be as good as Tanguay
S Kost won't be as good as Tanguay, who is really underrated for some reason. I loved getting Tanguay and I still do. I hope he comes back if they can't get Hossa or Gaborik.

Other FA wingers will probably look like this...
Cammalleri...TO/Best offer/Vacation spot with no media attention (Ahem...Florida)
Sedins...back to the Nucks
Havlat...back to Chicago

Old
05-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
Good? Renney is the perfect "associate coach." He's an Xs and Os guy. Great tactician who can coach defense and organize a mean PK. Patty will take care of the offense and keep the guys in line, which Renney isn't capable of doing.

Maybe it's just me but having two experienced and well-qualified coaches seems like a great idea. I don't see Renney as someone who will cause problems. It's likely that his time in NY was what pushed him to accept an "associate coach" position. Maybe he just saw that he wasn't comfortable being "the guy" like Babcock is.
To me, Renney looked really happy at the Press Conference and he seems happy to be an assistant. He has less pressure and he gets to work with another good experienced coach meaning that they should at least be mildly successfull. New GM and technically 2 new coaches. Next year should be a good one ( I just hope that we can somehow sign Jagr). I'm fully expecting Tambellini to be making some changes after his interview as well. Edmonton and Montreal could be two of the most changed teams come the start of next season.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
To me, Renney looked really happy at the Press Conference and he seems happy to be an assistant. He has less pressure and he gets to work with another good experienced coach meaning that they should at least be mildly successfull. New GM and technically 2 new coaches. Next year should be a good one ( I just hope that we can somehow sign Jagr). I'm fully expecting Tambellini to be making some changes after his interview as well. Edmonton and Montreal could be two of the most changed teams come the start of next season.
Getting rid of MacTavish automatically improves the Oilers ten-fold. His obsession with grinders like Reddox was awful. Him and Carbo coaching a team together...now that would be something

First line: Reddox-Malhotra-Kostopoulos

Old
05-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
S Kost won't be as good as Tanguay, who is really underrated for some reason. I loved getting Tanguay and I still do. I hope he comes back if they can't get Hossa or Gaborik.

Other FA wingers will probably look like this...
Cammalleri...TO/Best offer/Vacation spot with no media attention (Ahem...Florida)
Sedins...back to the Nucks
Havlat...back to Chicago
I feel very comfortable saying that he was your second best player this year after Markov. I also feel comfortable saying that he is a definite first liner who could put up 80 points next year (he's done it in the past).

Free agent forwards that I am most interested in..

1. Gaborik ( sign for big money... maybe take a discount to play with Hossa)
2. Cammalleri (Sign somewhere for 5.5 mill... I see him going somewhere for a cup)
3. Havlat (Basically the same as Cammy... possibly stay in Chicago)
4. Hossa (see Gaborik)
5. Tanguay (I honestly have no idea how he feels. He got no attention even though he is their first french Canadian star in a while. For some reason I feel that he leaves and goes back out west.)

That is my top 5 that I want either Ottawa or Edmonton to go after. And yes I prefer Tanguay to the Sedins.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Getting rid of MacTavish automatically improves the Oilers ten-fold. His obsession with grinders like Reddox was awful. Him and Carbo coaching a team together...now that would be something

First line: Reddox-Malhotra-Kostopoulos
Lol oh yes I can see the cup winning roster already. Pisani and Moreau on the second line. Trade for Brad May. Great things could happen there.

BTW I love MacT. I don't think he is a bad coach I just think he is the wrong coach for Edmonton. I could see him succeeding in Philly or Anaheim though.

Old
05-31-2009, 10:38 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Lol oh yes I can see the cup winning roster already. Pisani and Moreau on the second line. Trade for Brad May. Great things could happen there.

BTW I love MacT. I don't think he is a bad coach I just think he is the wrong coach for Edmonton. I could see him succeeding in Philly or Anaheim though.
That's because MacT would have skilled grinders to work with in Philly and Anaheim. Big, physical guys like Hartnell and Getzlaf. Although Anaheim has some smaller, less physcial guys like Ebbett who might not enjoy playing for him...

Old
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Grabovsky have more value than Sergei but he have less potential. Andrei is already better than Grabovsky and he also have more potential.

And I will be very surprise if Andrei don't have better stats than Hemsky in his 6 season in the league.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I'm not sure Edmonton has the organized crime that the Kostitsyns like to be associated with.
Edmonton is right at the 50 contract limit so we're not looking to trade our only star forward for 22 and 24 year olds with "potential"
That's getting old real fast.

Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Grabovsky have more value than Sergei but he have less potential. Andrei is already better than Grabovsky and he also have more potential.

And I will be very surprise if Andrei don't have better stats than Hemsky in his 6 season in the league.
I think there will be a couple of surprises in PQ

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
I think there will be a couple of surprises in PQ
yeah you probably watch him 82 games a year

Old
05-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
I suppose you watch Hemmer 82 games a year.

Old
05-31-2009, 11:05 PM
blackcoffee

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything? I could watch a bunch of players play a bunch of games, but if I'm not a good judge of talent then that doesn't mean squat.

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
I suppose you watch Hemmer 82 games a year.
He said he'd be very surprised if Andrei doesnt match Hemsky's point total in his first 6 NHL seasons.

Hemsky's 6 seasons are done. He's had 331 points in 421 games.

The question is, can Andrei match that? Watching Ales Hemsky play doesn't make a difference at all in your opinion of either or not Andrei K can match that.

Watching Andrei K play and understanding his style and what he might become in the next couple of years IS a legit question when you're trying to determine if he can get 331 points in 421 games.

AK has 108 points in 186 games. Based on what you've seen, can he do it? I think so.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Do you watch Hemmer 82 games a year?
no and I know Hemsky is a good player but his best year was 77 points and he never had 25 goals. I will be very surprise if Andrei don't have better stat in a couple of years

Old
05-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
no and I know Hemsky is a good player but his best year was 77 points and he never had 25 goals. I will be very surprise if Andrei don't have better stat in a couple of years
Hemsky's stats at age 24 - 74GP 20G 51A 71Pts
A. Kostitsyns stats at age 24 - 74GP 23G 18A 41Pts

I see the word potential being thrown around quite a bit. Does Hemsky no longer have any potential to improve.
A. Kostitsyn started his pro career the same year as Hemsky so his development should be at the very least equal....but it's not; because he doesnt have the talent that Hemsky has.

A majority of the fans from all teams think Edmonton is getting the shaft in this deal, and a few habs fans think they are.

Old
05-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

A.Kostitsyn first complete season stats at 23 years old:78GP 26G 27A 53PTS

hey not bad

Yeah Andrei did start his career after Hemsky because he have less talent it's not because he's epilectic.

Old
05-31-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Hemsky's stats at age 24 - 74GP 20G 51A 71Pts
A. Kostitsyns stats at age 24 - 74GP 23G 18A 41Pts

I see the word potential being thrown around quite a bit. Does Hemsky no longer have any potential to improve.
A. Kostitsyn started his pro career the same year as Hemsky so his development should be at the very least equal....but it's not; because he doesnt have the talent that Hemsky has.

A majority of the fans from all teams think Edmonton is getting the shaft in this deal, and a few habs fans think they are.
Can't speak for others, but I am not arguing that the Habs are getting the short end of the deal here.

I am arguing that Andrei K and Sergei K are better than what most people are saying in this thread and that AK46 does have the potential to be Hemsky's equal as of right now.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Can't speak for others, but I am not arguing that the Habs are getting the short end of the deal here.

I am arguing that Andrei K and Sergei K are better than what most people are saying in this thread and that AK46 does have the potential to be Hemsky's equal as of right now.
same here i'm just saying I will not trade the Kostitsyns for Hemsky

Old
06-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Chayos

Quote:
same here i'm just saying I will not trade the Kostitsyns for Hemsky
There is no way the Oil would do another 2-1 for more small forwards, let alone trading their best offensive player.

Hemsky will only move if its for a top tier player.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline View Post
May I direct your attention to August 9th, 1988.
June 16, 1990 following very close behind

Old
06-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Mr. Hab

No thank-you.

I like Hemsky but I'd still keep the Kostitsyn brothers.

Anyways, a center is priority for the HABS: a talented/gritty CENTER (good #1 Center, or solid #2 Center).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 02:57 AM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
That's the key - "could". Hemsky is already "there".
I dunno. Some may argue the key word is "both."

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote