HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to LA Kings

Old
05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
HSF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Oscar Moller is a much better player than O'Brien.. O'Brien needs some time in the AHL while Moller has already played games in the NHL.. The 4 spots you're moving up gets you a much better player, for example MSP and Nazem Kadri.. It's a pretty even deal imo.. How do you guys not need a goalie? What if Leclaire goes down like he did last year? Will Brian Elliott be able to carry the load? I'm pretty sure he can't.. Getting Ersberg is a good idea, believe me..
uhhh, yes Elliot is good, he is very good trust me

we also have Auld, Elliott is our future number 1

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:45 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
We get a goalie we don't need, upgrade marginally from O'Brien to Moller, downgrade MASSIVELY from Heatley to JJ just to move up 4 spots?

Ridiculous. Take out Ersberg, O'Brien and the 9th over-all and I might consider it.
uhh no offense buddy but Moller is MUCH better than Obrien and i am a Sens fan

maybe

To Ott
JJ
Moller
5th overall

To LA
Heater
Obrien

maybe lowish pick to LA?

Old
05-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i think it is fair to be honest
The you need to watch some Kings games. I would take Frolov over Heatley

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:47 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
isnt that nice, and i would take Heater over Frolov, especially since Frolov is getting the cash after next season.....

Old
05-30-2009, 02:54 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
No one even mentioned adding Frolov in the deal man?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:56 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
uhhh, yes Elliot is good, he is very good trust me

we also have Auld, Elliott is our future number 1
I live in Ottawa and I watch every single Sens game.. Brian Elliot is overrated man, sorry to break it to you.. It's evident that your Auld-Elliot tandem didn't work out too well last year, right? Putting Ersberg in the mix will help, believe me..

Do you guys have a pick that's at the beginning of the 2nd?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:59 PM
HSF

Quote:
I live in Ottawa and I watch every single Sens game.. Brian Elliot is overrated man, sorry to break it to you.. It's evident that your Auld-Elliot tandem didn't work out too well last year, right? Putting Ersberg in the mix will help, believe me..

ya except this was Elliotts first year in the league , Ersberg is what? 27?

trust me Elliott has the talent and mind to be a number 1, he was inconsistant this year but when on his game he was fantastic.

Elliott is going places

Ottawa has no more spaces in terms of goaltenders at the NHL level, we do need one fo the AHL though

Old
05-30-2009, 03:14 PM
AnalogMan

I think Kings pass on deal for Heatley. They can make a run at Hossa, Gaborik, Havlat, and the Sedins in free agency without giving up the 5th.

In a draft when 1-3 makes up tier one, 4-6 makes up tier 2, and 7-15 makes up tier 3, I think you hold your 5th overall unless someone wants to significantly overpay.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
I think Kings pass on deal for Heatley. They can make a run at Hossa, Gaborik, Havlat, and the Sedins in free agency without giving up the 5th.

In a draft when 1-3 makes up tier one, 4-6 makes up tier 2, and 7-15 makes up tier 3, I think you hold your 5th overall unless someone wants to significantly overpay.
i would think it is the LA kings who came to Murray for a Heatley deal

maybe they are really interested him since he is signed long term.

It is easy to say to go after Hossa/Havlat/Gaborik/Sedin, but there are also going to be 29 other teams after these players

add to that GAborik and Havlat are made of glass and the Sedins come as a package so you will be paying 12 mill for both of them which i dont think A can afford.

but i guess you never know

Old
05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
bdp

Heatley doesnt have much value right now, 7.5M for 39 goals is bad.

Ottawa would be lucky to get the 5th for him. I dont even know if Kings fan would do something like Boyle + Preissing + pick for Heater.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:19 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Can 2 View Post

Ottawa would be lucky to get the 5th for him. I dont even know if Kings fan would do something like Boyle + Preissing + pick for Heater.
LMAO wow...

Old
05-30-2009, 03:21 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:

We have Leclaire, Auld, and Elliott already. No need to add a 27 year old backup.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Can 2 View Post

hahahah ouch!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:25 PM
LGSens

Quote:
i would think it is the LA kings who came to Murray for a Heatley deal

maybe they are really interested him since he is signed long term.

It is easy to say to go after Hossa/Havlat/Gaborik/Sedin, but there are also going to be 29 other teams after these players

add to that GAborik and Havlat are made of glass and the Sedins come as a package so you will be paying 12 mill for both of them which i dont think A can afford.

but i guess you never know
The team that was involved earlier this year for Heatley approached Ottawa. A deal was in place in that both teams agreed to the players involved with the trade. Murray just didn't take it to Heatley. He knew 15 would not drop his NTC. Not sure why Murray felt that way.

Frolov plus the 5th/top prospect is fair value.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSens View Post
The team that was involved earlier this year for Heatley approached Ottawa. A deal was in place in that both teams agreed to the players involved with the trade. Murray just didn't take it to Heatley. He knew 15 would not drop his NTC. Not sure why Murray felt that way.

Frolov plus the 5th/top prospect is fair value.
Not @ Frolov. The Kings need LWs.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:37 PM
LGSens

I know it will be tough to give up Frolov but give to get. Sens aren't taking 45 goals out of their lineup and getting back a dman that isn't considered top 5 at his position, which Heatley is.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Shellz

I understand that. Heatley deserves more. I just don't know who it is if it isn't Frolov and I don't think it could happen if he wasn't part of the deal.

Old
05-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Word

It will be interesting to see what happens when the cap starts to come down. Some think that with the exception of a few teams [LA/Tor] it will be a slow offseason for most. As a Kings fan I would see what is available via free agency and go from there.

Word is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:10 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

I'm pretty surprised by the dip in value Heatley has taken on HF. Frankly, I would accept any of these trades for him, barring the ones that include Frolov.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
well the point of trading Heatley in the first place is to get a top pairing defensmen...

We arent trying to get more forwards, since Heatley could just pot in 50 goals

i think any deal will have JJ coming our way
seems like 40 is the new 50 for him

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
I am one of Heatley's biggest critics on the sens board and even I cannot belive how undervalued he is being here

Frolov over Heatley? Talk to me when Frolov can put up back to back 70 point seasons, let alone 90+ point, 50 goal seasons
5th overall for Heatley? Not even close, that draft pick has a 50% chance of turning into an NHLer, a 48% chance of being a bust and a 2% chance of being as good of better as Heatley

I know his value is at an all-time low but most of these proposals are complete jokes, if you really want Heatley then you would give up a player that you don't want to give. JJ doesn't count.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Skelator 786*

People seem to undervalue Heatley. He is a top 10-15 player in the league.

Skelator 786* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:43 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
seems like 40 is the new 50 for him
Scored 50 goals both years after the lockout, had 41 in 71 games the next year (that's a pace of 47), and his 39 last year is considered a down year because of how frequently he scores goals. Yeah, he's a 45-50 goal scorer, and he's what, 28?.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:43 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
I am one of Heatley's biggest critics on the sens board and even I cannot belive how undervalued he is being here

Frolov over Heatley? Talk to me when Frolov can put up back to back 70 point seasons, let alone 90+ point, 50 goal seasons
5th overall for Heatley? Not even close, that draft pick has a 50% chance of turning into an NHLer, a 48% chance of being a bust and a 2% chance of being as good of better as Heatley

I know his value is at an all-time low but most of these proposals are complete jokes, if you really want Heatley then you would give up a player that you don't want to give. JJ doesn't count.
as a kings fan i agree, I am surprised that some sens fans would deal him for the packages offered here.

BTW i much rather deal for Heatley then VL

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post

I think only one person was choosing Frolov over Heatley. I agree to an extent. Not many players have great puck possesion and are good down low like Frolov is. But, he has yet to hit numbers like Heatley.

I think only people on this thread that are not giving the guy much props are Sen fans. Somebody mentioned the team needing a top Dman. So, someone else mentioned Jack Johnson and I don't think it's far fetch but ofcourse more would be coming from the Kings side besides a goaltender. Nobody said straight Heatley for the 5th pick and if they did, that's a bit sad.

Kings need LW's. Heatley would do great but that means on of our great players could be going back and that would be Frolov. I think there is other ways to go about things then just giving Fro up. But, if you want a guy back that can top 30 goals he would be your guy. But it seems the Sens need more deffense.