HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Cote and Thornton

Old
05-30-2009, 01:42 PM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

vCash: 500
Cote and Thornton

On my break at work, just watched the two Cote-Thornton fights last year, what great scraps those were. I loved the pats on the back at the end of the fights. Really honoring the code. As the name indicates, I'm a Bruins fan and have often seen Thornton give the pat on the back to people after the fights, does Cote often do that too or do you think it's more so the respect the two have for eachother? Pretty random question I know but just curious. Also remember hearing that the two(Cote and Thornton) are also good friends. Enjoy the off-season, can't wait till it starts up again.

James in Boston

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:20 PM
DickTony

I've noticed Cote offering gestures like that quite often. I guess if you get your ass kicked as much as him ya gotta be a good sport about it

p.s the only real bullies reside on broad street

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:32 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 964
Probably the respect many of these guys have for each other. Last year, Laracque called Cote "pound-for-pound ... the toughest guy in the NHL. He doesn't back down. He fights open. He's a lefty, and ... he doesn't hold on. He just goes. It's unreal. I respect him a lot."

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:41 PM
miltons rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Probably the respect many of these guys have for each other. Last year, Laracque called Cote "pound-for-pound ... the toughest guy in the NHL. He doesn't back down. He fights open. He's a lefty, and ... he doesn't hold on. He just goes. It's unreal. I respect him a lot."
oh so true, you do have to respect Cote alot however its quite clear he's out classed against nhl opponents.

miltons rules is offline   Reply With Quote