HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2009 NHL Entry Draft - Who is attending?

Old
06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
I wish, I missed out on Ottawa and I'm going on vacation the week before the draft so no vacation days.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Everyone knows the NHL is the one setting up everything for the draft. The Montreal Canadiens have perhaps a one or two percent say on anything that will be going on that week-end.

Stop blaming the Canadiens for everything.

This board.
Meh... I plan on being angry at both the Canadiens and the NHL. Why choose who to be angry at? The fact is it is horribly organized and both are responsible, and as fans we have very little leverage at all. Better to be angry and vocal, that way hopefully something gets done. I feel badly for those who want to come from far distances only to get treated like this! Horrible. Only 18 days away from draft day and mum's the word.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 01:06 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Everyone knows the NHL is the one setting up everything for the draft. The Montreal Canadiens have perhaps a one or two percent say on anything that will be going on that week-end.

Stop blaming the Canadiens for everything.

This board.
Gimme a break... Do you really think that the NHL isn't making tickets available just for the heck of it ?!?!? They knew the draft was going to be held in Montreal for over a year now, so why wouldn't they put tickets on the market for the public and why was it so easy to get tickets last year in Ottawa ?!?!?

The entire organisation has their minds elsewere (the sale of the team, a new coach and 11 up-coming UFA's/RFA's, etc...) and the draft isn't all that important to them cause the revenu will be minimal.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Dave Karp

I've been poking around the idea. Montreal is a great spot to travel to and with the Stars picking this high for the first time in awhile, I'd love to make the trip up. But I'd rather not pay crazy amount of money to go and I'd also rather not drive 4 hours and be SOL. If anyone could post updates on the ticket info, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

I check on a daily basis, and I can't find anything... anywhere.

I can't book my hotel until I know I can get tickets!!!!

I wondered if maybe they were waiting for the Cup Finals to finish, but what difference would that make??

HOCCA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Ducksforcup
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Online ticket-brokers like StubHub are starting to sell draft tickets now. Most likely they are from season ticket holders who aren't going.

Managed to procure one for myself, so I am going!

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 05:53 PM
JrHockey89

What is the policy on bringing laptops into the draft? If any.

I don't expect to be allowed to, but was curious if anyone at past drafts saw anything like this.

JrHockey89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 07:06 PM
danishh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockey89 View Post
What is the policy on bringing laptops into the draft? If any.

I don't expect to be allowed to, but was curious if anyone at past drafts saw anything like this.
didnt see any there last year, but they were searching bags on the way in. I'd assume they probably wouldnt be allowed, but really dont know.

My buddy had an iphone last year keeping us up to date on the outside world.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

What do you guys think the chances are that the tickets don't become available until the last minute, and out of towners are SOL?

Do you guys think it's possible that they are holding onto tickets for so long to try and restrict only Montreal residents to attend for the 100th anniversary celebration?

It may sound weird and conspiracy theory-ish, but this is really bizarre... less than 3 weeks to go, and still not a peep... if they have a similar program to Ottawa last year, you'll have to send a pre-stamped envelope, and they'll need time to process.

It's getting reaaaallly close to crunch time...

Old
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
it has been ask many time on the habs board so here some details about it from Mathias Brunet blog

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=1251

english version (google translation)
I'm so @#$@ing pissed about this... I don't want to hear any crap about how it's all the NHL's fault, the Canadiens organization have a huge say in how this is run - it is their facility, their seasons tickets holders, their everything. No other draft that has ever been run in a public arena has every been basically shut off to 90% of the fans, and the fact that this is how they plan on addressing the situation is absolutely pathetic. Completement minable.

Both sides involved are completely sticking it to the fans in this process... say what you want about the Leafs, but they have just as many (if not more) seasons tickets holders, draftees, agents, etc, etc, etc. Nobody had to worry about getting tickets for the draft in 2002, in a facility that has a smaller capacity than the Bell Centre.

Now we've resorted to being forced to visit god damn scalpers to listen to them call out names.

Atrocious.

Old
06-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Ducksforcup
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
I'm so @#$@ing pissed about this... I don't want to hear any crap about how it's all the NHL's fault, the Canadiens organization have a huge say in how this is run - it is their facility, their seasons tickets holders, their everything. No other draft that has ever been run in a public arena has every been basically shut off to 90% of the fans, and the fact that this is how they plan on addressing the situation is absolutely pathetic. Completement minable.

Both sides involved are completely sticking it to the fans in this process... say what you want about the Leafs, but they have just as many (if not more) seasons tickets holders, draftees, agents, etc, etc, etc. Nobody had to worry about getting tickets for the draft in 2002, in a facility that has a smaller capacity than the Bell Centre.

Now we've resorted to being forced to visit god damn scalpers to listen to them call out names.

Atrocious.
I completely agree...there has been a failure on all levels in regards to this particular event. The NHL AND the Canadiens/Bell Centre Staff are fully to blame for this.

Out of town fans that want to attend the draft have been completely left out of the picture and ignored. Frankly, it is bush league.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
I completely agree...there has been a failure on all levels in regards to this particular event. The NHL AND the Canadiens/Bell Centre Staff are fully to blame for this.

Out of town fans that want to attend the draft have been completely left out of the picture and ignored. Frankly, it is bush league.
I've attended the 2002 Draft in Toronto and the 2004 Draft in Carolina.

Tickets were free in Toronto and I swear it was freaking ghost town in the upper deck. We were able to sit in the 4th row of the upper deck with no one behind us. I was stunned at how people attended.

Then in Raleigh the upper deck was so full they confiscated some of the unused lower bowl (usually for family, agents and draftees) to seat some of the overflow.

Totally counter my expectations. Go figure.

I will be in Montreal this year. I already have my plane ticket and hotel.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Got my tickets after entering the contest yesterday! Yes!

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Leaf Fever

There are some tickets that are still available on StubHub.

There are 6 tickets that are seated in sections and the others are all General Admission.

FYI, some of the tickets are rediculously expensive, but the others aren't too bad.

Here is the link.

http://www.stubhub.com/nhl-draft-tic...6-2009-676578/

Leaf Fever is offline   Reply With Quote