HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thank You Wings Fans

Old
05-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Penscup1991

vCash: 500
Thank You Wings Fans

Just woke up following my trip to Detroit for Game 1. What a pleasure it was going to the game in Detroit. The fans near us, Section 226A Row 22, were hockey savy and great to talk to about the game. They were courteous. This was followed by some good discussion on the people mover. I do love the mover. Best of all, every Wing fan stressed being careful on the drive home when the found out I was driving home right after the game. Great people. I can say this much, Detroit sure isn't Philadelphia. Thank God and thanks Wing fans.

Penscup1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:20 AM
VooX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penscup1991 View Post
Just woke up following my trip to Detroit for Game 1. What a pleasure it was going to the game in Detroit. The fans near us, Section 226A Row 22, were hockey savy and great to talk to about the game. They were courteous. This was followed by some good discussion on the people mover. I do love the mover. Best of all, every Wing fan stressed being careful on the drive home when the found out I was driving home right after the game. Great people. I can say this much, Detroit sure isn't Philadelphia. Thank God and thanks Wing fans.
Wings fans take a lot of crap for arrogance or whining, but overall those fans are a minority. As a long time Canadian Wings fan, I had my first trips to JLA last postseason. Everytime we went we had a blast among fantastic fans at the game. As you say very savvy and courteous.

VooX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:39 PM
BlueMonk

That's really cool of you to post this. I'm glad you had a good experience. This is the kind of thread I would start after a good experience visiting an arena, so I can appreciate it.

Between the last two Stanley Cup Finals and the 2006 Super Bowl, lots of Pittsburgh sports fans have been in our neck of the woods the past few years.

BlueMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:44 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Like some of the guys already mentioned: good to hear you had a blast.
Not all Wings fans are jerks

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Athtar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penscup1991 View Post

Athtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 01:49 PM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
I find the best people to sit by at Wings games are the fans from other teams. We had a great time with a St. Louis fan in April...

Glad you had a great time- most of the fans are a lot of fun and we really do like our hockey!

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 03:23 PM
ColdToiletSeats

the last game i went to was vs the avalanche and this guy had a forsberg jersey we didn't talk the entire time

ColdToiletSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:57 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Best Pens fans costume at the game:

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:55 PM
uofmfan101

There is a homeless man with no legs that sits outside JLA for every Wings home game trying to get some spare change. On a game that I went to back in October someone walking into the Joe gave him an extra ticket so he could go in and see the game. I saw him during the 2nd intermission. He was having a great time and people were buying him beers. I'm sure it was one of the best days of his life.

Just a nice story that shows how nice Wings fans can be, although we are not always represented great.

uofmfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote