HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Interested in Hedman?

Old
05-31-2009, 06:02 PM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
You know...Im not the one to post stuff as soon as I hear it. But 2 days ago while listening to a Montreal radio station they did mention something to this nature. I didn't say anything before but since this comes out now I think there might be a tiny bit of truth to it.

The names they threw around were different then what you guys are thinking

To LA : #2 , Vinny and apparently someone named James Wright

To TB: Jack Johnson, Alex Frolov, Colten Teubert, Jonathan Bernier, Martin Jones, 2009 1st round pick, 2010 1st round pick.

This is the same Radio Station that after the Visnovsky trade said that the Kings were set on signing Greene for 5 years 15 million.

They did mention that this deal wouldn't go down unless Hedman was there. If Hedman isn't there then their assumption is there is a revised deal there.

Last edited by riseandfall9: 05-31-2009 at 06:08 PM.
riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:07 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
You know...Im not the one to post stuff as soon as I hear it. But 2 days ago while listening to a Montreal radio station they did mention something to this nature. I didn't say anything before but since this comes out now I think there might be a tiny bit of truth to it.

To TB: Jack Johnson, Alex Frolov, Colten Teubert, Jonathan Bernier, Martin Jones and a 2010 1st round pick.

This is the same Radio Station that after the Visnovsky trade said that the Kings were set on signing Greene for 5 years 15 million.

They did mention that this deal wouldn't go down unless Hedman was there. If Hedman isn't there then their assumption is there is a revised deal there.
Hm.. that would be a weird deal, and hard to pass on. I like both JJ and Fro but many you get Hedman, VL, and Kane/Schenn/MSP and i think you got alot coming back. Tough decision.

losing both JB and Jones would be tough though

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:09 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
Hm.. that would be a weird deal, and hard to pass on. I like both JJ and Fro but many you get Hedman, VL, and Kane/Schenn/MSP and i think you got alot coming back. Tough decision.

losing both JB and Jones would be tough though
Fixed it bro... the 09 5th overall would be included too lol.

Old
05-31-2009, 06:12 PM
kingsfan77

Giving up Bernier could blow up in our faces. One good season does not make for a number one goaly. I like Quick but he needs to have another good season before he is crowned our future goaly. Aside from him being in the deal I would do it.

kingsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:18 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:

To TB: Jack Johnson, Alex Frolov, Colten Teubert, Jonathan Bernier, Martin Jones, 2009 1st round pick, 2010 1st round pick.

First off, that's SIX 1st round draft picks going to TB for only two.

Secondly, why would they want two goalie prospects when the Tampa fans have been screaming that goaltender is one position they are deep at?

I can see Lombardi really loving Hedman but I think that deal would have to be revised to exclude either the 2009 or '10 1st rounder and Bernier.

Then you are looking at Johnson/Frolov/Teubert/Jones/#5 overall. DL would have to sign one of the big name UFA's to replace Frolov though...or wait for him to come back as a UFA

This just seems like a bunch of names thrown on the wall though.

BigKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Ollie Weeks

Vinny and the #2. Now thats too rich for my blood.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Word

Why do we have to fix all of TB problems. It took the Kings years to get this far.

Dont forget we are giving them cap relief and the Kings are still giving up half their prospects.

Word is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:24 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
First off, that's SIX 1st round draft picks going to TB for only two.

Secondly, why would they want two goalie prospects when the Tampa fans have been screaming that goaltender is one position they are deep at?

I can see Lombardi really loving Hedman but I think that deal would have to be revised to exclude either the 2009 or '10 1st rounder and Bernier.

Then you are looking at Johnson/Frolov/Teubert/Jones/#5 overall. DL would have to sign one of the big name UFA's to replace Frolov though...or wait for him to come back as a UFA

This just seems like a bunch of names thrown on the wall though.

Dont know. Johnson, Frolov and the 5th overall are going to need to be included either way you twist it and turn it.

And about your he`ll haft to sign someone to replace Frolov? Im sure he will. Assuming Frolov is going to get 5-6.5 million from the Kings. Thats Gaborik money right there. Maybe he has that in his head from the get go? I dont really know how the guy thinks. And Im not planning on getting excited about any of this until its said and done. Its ruined my last 2 drafts and last 2 July 1st`s

Old
05-31-2009, 06:27 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post
Why do we have to fix all of TB problems. It took the Kings years to get this far.

Dont forget we are giving them cap relief and the Kings are still giving up half their prospects.
Even if we give up most of what was just stated.

We still have:

Hickey
Moller
Lokionov
Voynov

And thats deeper right there in those 4 players then most of these teams have in general lol.

And you gotta assume that if we trade for Vinny that one of Handzus or Stoll goes because you cant have 22 million in Centers. You know?

Old
05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
riseandfall9

Just to add fuel to the fire!

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ass-on-tavares

Old
05-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Maybe it's just me, but this seems like the Kings would be giving up a huge chunk of what Lombardi has spent the last 3 years building. Isn't this just a different version of trading away the future for a "quick fix"?
Precisely, which is why I am very much against these trades and would much rather use the pick and look toward free agency and if that doesn't work, more reasonable size trades. I don't like the idea of giving up huge packages for guys with 11 year deals, but we shall see... If Dean is willing to do it, he has his reasons, given how frugal he is and how planned and calculated his charts are. If he can fit it, more power to him, but I don't recommend or support the thought.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Precisely, which is why I am very much against these trades and would much rather use the pick and look toward free agency and if that doesn't work, more reasonable size trades. I don't like the idea of giving up huge packages for guys with 11 year deals, but we shall see... If Dean is willing to do it, he has his reasons, given how frugal he is and how planned and calculated his charts are. If he can fit it, more power to him, but I don't recommend or support the thought.
I have no problem with Dean giving up this year's 1st round pick, Johnson, Moller and Stoll to get Lecavalier. But to add more assets in order to move up to #2 in the draft goes against what I have perceived as Dean's philosophy. If something like this goes down I will believe that Dean has officially lost his mind.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:47 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:

That seems like a very unlikely trade to me. I only see it happening if Lombardi has serious doubts he will be able to resign both JJ and Frolov. And why does TB want both Bernier and Jones when they already have Smith, Ramo, and Helenius? This seriously cripples the rebuild. Way too rash of a move for Lombardi's slow, methodical approach. Here's my counter though just for kicks:

To LA: Lecavalier and #2 (Hedman)
To TB: Johnson, Quincey/Hickey/Teubert, Stoll, #5 (Schenn/MSP), and 2010 1st

If TB is willing to substitute Moller for the 5th, I'd switch those up.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post

Don't forget we are giving them cap relief and the Kings are still giving up half their prospects.
finally... finally anyone is thinking about Hockey is played by players and not by names..........

For these prices you guys are mentioning, i would stay away miles and miles from Tampa, don't even touch the phone.

All of us was crying, we have no future, we are still rebuilding....
Just to ask now for the next Gretzky decade.

Man we spend years and years to get the team in a position when other teams are coming to knock our door an the first thing is, we fix the rebuild for another Team ????????

Guys.... let Tampa rot in their situation... and if we take vinny.. just for a huge underpayment.

We have so many options........
first... we try to sign Gaborik for a decent contract.
After that we decide what to do. If he agrees, we need a Center and that will be Kane. If Gaborik don't wanna sign, we need a left Wing and that will be MPS....

so, why the ****.. are you guys even thinink about trading for Vinny ???????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
DaAnimal

i posted similar a days ago. If this is truly going to happen, the kings will be a top playoff contender in the 09-10 season.

If this deal were to happen, we are definitely going to lose JJ+Frolov+our 5th pick.

Either way, if islanders take Hedman, we still get one of the best centers in the draft. Pretty damn good. Our entire roster will be young and hungry for the cup in the next couple of years.

DO IT DL DO IT!

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Word

Quote:
Even if we give up most of what was just stated.

We still have:

Hickey
Moller
Lokionov
Voynov

And thats deeper right there in those 4 players then most of these teams have in general lol.

And you gotta assume that if we trade for Vinny that one of Handzus or Stoll goes because you cant have 22 million in Centers. You know?
I bet the Kings would stll have to throw in a couple of million. I still dont like it. win at all cost might work in the short term if we are lucky but longterm it doesnt work. Also if for some reason this trade doesnt work out the Kings wont have a first round pick until 2011. I am not saying that the Kings dont have to give up something to get something but it seems that Tampa is getting just about everything.

Word is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:54 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I stole this from another site, and I thought I would share. Originally posted by Kingsgoon:

Getting the #2 pick overall would be something that would definitely sway me on the Lecavalier deal.

It would be a major accomplishment for Lombardi if he could pull that one off.

Maybe Tampa Bay really is that desperate. Even if they had to swap draft positions with us the Kings could still beat any package offered by Montreal and Vancouver, which are the two teams that seem to be looking to deal for Lecavalier.

Just for grins:

To LA: Lecavalier + #2 overall (we get Tavares or Hedman, it really doesn't matter), or maybe Lombardi only pulls the trigger on the deal after the NYI go up to the podium and select Tavares.

To Tampa Bay: #5 overall + Johnson + Moller + Stoll + any other young player of their choosing not named Quick, Bernier, Doughty, or Simmonds

I could stomach that deal. If they want us to take Prospal as a salary dump, they can forget about the extra young player.
Yeah right, total rip off for Tampa, you give up no core players, get the best player AND move up in the draft?

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
We have so many options........
first... we try to sign Gaborik for a decent contract.
After that we decide what to do. If he agrees, we need a Center and that will be Kane. If Gaborik don't wanna sign, we need a left Wing and that will be MPS....
The draft is before the free agency period....so unless Dean trades for Goaborik's rights before the draft your scenario is not possible.

Old
05-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Yeah right, total rip off for Tampa, you give up no core players, get the best player AND move up in the draft?
I do not recall the Ducks being involved in this proposal at all.

Old
05-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post

YOU! Get back in the water!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:39 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

The more I think about it, the more I think DL may be trying to get Hedman as well.

If Lombardi feels that Hedman is as good as Doughty or better, I can see him EASILY moving any of the D prospects on top of Johnson or possibly Quincey.

If you have both Doughty and Hedman and then still have one of Teubert/Hickey/Voinov after the deal then rock and roll, you know?

If the rumors of Tampa's financial issues are true, DL may have to take back a salary dump though if the #2 is involved.

BigKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Chruceg

Quote:

If we look at the 2005 Thornton trade as a template for Lecavalier and the trade of the 2003 number one pick as the template for the 2009 number two I feel like the Kings are seriously overpaying here.

Thornton was traded in 2005 for three NHL regulars: Wayne Primeau, Marco Sturm, and Brad Stuart. We are essentially looking at a trade of a 1C for 2LW, 3/4RW, and a 3D. Frolov is a 1LW and Johnson is a 3D. That's almost equal as is but let's assume Teubert is added to compensate for a third player. Including the gaping hole this leaves on left wing this by itself is a palatable deal. Although the argument can be made that Thornton's deal was FAR cheaper than Lacavalier's thus lowering Lacavalier's value.

Now let's look at the Trade of the 2003 number one pick. For the purpose of this argument I'm assuming the fact that moving from #3 to #1 is more roughly as valuable as moving from #5 to #2. (Yes #1 is THAT much more valuable.) In the 2003 trade Florida gave Pittsburgh picks #1 and #73 and Pittsburgh gave Florida picks #3, #55, and Mikael Samuelsson. So for Pittsburgh to move up two spots in the draft they had to let Florida move up from the third round to the second round and also give up a prospect which had played a total of 151 games over two seasons and scored 16g, 24a. (Brad Richardson anyone?) In the proposed situation if you take out the Lecavalier bits the Kings are currently giving up Bernier, Jones, and next year's first rounder. That sounds like a drastic overpayment to me.

I want to stress that I ell-oh-vee-ee the idea of getting Lecavalier on the Kings. Personally I think giving up Johnson and Frolov should be enough but I would include Teubert as well to get it done. But when we start talking about the #2 pick the assets moving in the other direction need to be a little more realistic. Why not give up our second rounder this year for their third like in the Pittsburgh/Florida deal and give up Richardson. Also, TB might not own their third round pick. They traded their fourth rounder to Pittsburgh in the Ryan Malone deal and it becomes a third rounder to Pittsburgh if Malone re-signs. So if they keep their third rounder I say include Richardson and if they keep their fourth take Richardson out.

I would proposed the following:

To LA: Lecavalier, Wright, 2009 #2, and 2009 #63 or #75
To TB: Frolov, Johnson, Teubert, 2009 #5, 2009 #35 and Richardson if necessary.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:46 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I think one of Koitar, Stoll or Handzus would have to go the other way. Tampa isn't deep down the center especially minus Lecavalier. Money-wise it would make the most sense to deal Handzus although I like Zus more than Stoll.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
i posted similar a days ago. If this is truly going to happen, the kings will be a top playoff contender in the 09-10 season.

If this deal were to happen, we are definitely going to lose JJ+Frolov+our 5th pick.

Either way, if islanders take Hedman, we still get one of the best centers in the draft. Pretty damn good. Our entire roster will be young and hungry for the cup in the next couple of years.

DO IT DL DO IT!
I don't think DL does the deal pre-draft, if he truly wants Hedman, knowing the Islanders may take him - or the Isles could trade the pick to another team who covets Hedman.

When talking about him then being able to take Tavares at #2 overall in the aforementioned scenarios - I wouldn't doubt it if DL as Duchene highe than Tavares on his final list anyway.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Mr Underhill

I Hope You Kings Fans Dont Turn Into Montreal Fans Where You Start Convincing Yourself That Your Going To Get Everything You Want For Nothing.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote