HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Tix Invoices

Old
06-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
There was some talk about the Rangers allowing full season ticket holders to keep their seats and playoff rights but only having to purchase 22 games. I think it's likely to think something like this will be offered.
That's always been the case. I've had 1/2 plan for a few years now and I get full playoff rights.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:18 AM
darrenturcotte#8

I don't want 5 games at these prices. The fact that NOBODY is interested in my seats in Sect 216 tells me all I need to know. There is no chance there will be waiting list this season. I hope the Rangers don't sell out a single game!

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
That's always been the case. I've had 1/2 plan for a few years now and I get full playoff rights.
The difference would be that you could keep your same seat that you had as full seasons and keep the seat to downgrade to a 1/2 season plan.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
For those of you willing to lose your season tickets by giving them up, I think you should. This is the earliest the Rangers have gotten the season tickets packages going in a while and they are using the extra time to gauge the demand. I am sure that the Rangers will come up with some pretty good packages to make it more enticing come mid Summer. There was some talk about the Rangers allowing full season ticket holders to keep their seats and playoff rights but only having to purchase 22 games. I think it's likely to think something like this will be offered.
For the prices of the increases alone since the lockout you could put together a pretty nice hidef system.
Yup, and that's just another scam. Basically by "splitting" one pair of seasons into 2 (or 4 or whatever) they can justify jacking up the prices further. They make it sound like they are doing you a favor and providing added convenience. But really they know that many people have a limit to how much they can spend. So in the end you are still a STH but go to less games...and they make more money.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
kreiderfan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yup, and that's just another scam. Basically by "splitting" one pair of seasons into 2 (or 4 or whatever) they can justify jacking up the prices further. They make it sound like they are doing you a favor and providing added convenience. But really they know that many people have a limit to how much they can spend. So in the end you are still a STH but go to less games...and they make more money.

They do charge 1/2 season plan holders more. As I stated earlier I had a 1/2 season plan in 343 for this past year. I believe a full season ticket in that location was 52 per seat. My cost was 58 per seat. Am I complaining about paying more than a full season subscriber? No. But as broadwayblue mentions, they really aren't doing you much of a favor.

kreiderfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:10 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
well im officially in for next year in section 420, my seats that were 26 bucks each in 06-07 are now 37.. going to sell at least a quarter of the season if not more this year

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 12:23 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I just heard that the waitlist is over 5,000 people. Is that accurate? If it is, no wonder they raised ticket prices again. They know the demand is still there.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 12:51 PM
darrenturcotte#8

If you include everyone who put themselves on the waiting list since they created it, sure. All I know is ANYONE can have my seats in 216 for cost and NOBODY seems to want them...

Old
06-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I just heard that the waitlist is over 5,000 people. Is that accurate? If it is, no wonder they raised ticket prices again. They know the demand is still there.
I know when they signed Drury and Gomez that year. I tried to get 2 more seats and they told me that there was a new 4 seat limit per person, so they couldnt do it. They also told me that the waiting list was around 7500 people. So 5000 might be accurate right about now but if all 5000 people were offered season tickets today, whow man would actually want them now?

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:20 PM
nyrmetros

hmmm

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:48 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
If you include everyone who put themselves on the waiting list since they created it, sure. All I know is ANYONE can have my seats in 216 for cost and NOBODY seems to want them...
If you dont want them, just don't renew.

Old
06-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
When I tried to get season tix before last season started they told me 5000 also.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:49 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
When I tried to get season tix before last season started they told me 5000 also.
Gotta imagine that its higher then that now too.

Old
06-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Smashley

Any of you fools with a partial plan get invoices? I haven't gotten anything yet...

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 11:03 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Any of you fools with a partial plan get invoices? I haven't gotten anything yet...
Fellow 349er!!

Just to let you know, (I know you had a 11-game pack), you wont get the same seats offered to you because their giving the option for the 22-gamers to upgrade to a full. I also asked about when partials are being offered, my rep said not until after the NHL releases the schedule.

Old
06-04-2009, 08:23 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Fellow 349er!!

Just to let you know, (I know you had a 11-game pack), you wont get the same seats offered to you because their giving the option for the 22-gamers to upgrade to a full. I also asked about when partials are being offered, my rep said not until after the NHL releases the schedule.
They are giving EVERYONE the option to upgrade to full because at these prices, in the middle of a depression, they won't sell out...

Old
06-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Section311

I got the actuall invoice package in the mail yesterday.

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 11:22 AM
aslim240

everyone gets an option to upgrade based on seniority. STH get a time to call in. This is my 4th season coming up ($40/46/52/56), I have friends with 10 years seniority who were able to upgrade last year, by the time my number came up, the only thing available is the 200s in the corner which are mispriced/overpriced and consistently available.

As for availability, I suspect that like the Yankees and Giants (see Peter King Note below), the more expensive tickets will have increasing availability, while cheap seats will have less.

It will be considered an upgrade to move up from more expensive seats to less expensive. I suspect when my turn to call in for upgrades comes, there will be nothing available more towards the middle of 300s where I would like to move (my seats are basicaly on the goal line now) but plenty of 100 and 200 corners and behind the goal for roughly 50% higher prices.

I gave up my Yankee seats last year. And from personal experience and talking to other fans I can tell you the Yankees are far worse than the Rangers in terms of customer service. You may not like the price hikes, but as a season ticket holder, you get a representative who always responds and other events and opportunities.

from Peter King (SI's NFL guy)

The Giants have gone through their entire 140,000-person waiting list and still haven't sold about 4,000 of the premium seats in their new stadium. There's time, obviously, with 15 months before opening day at the new Giants Stadium. But it's worrisome that the team with an eternally tough ticket has almost 4,000 of its choicest seats available. Puts quite some pressure on the 2009 Giants to be
contenders, to build up the demand for the new stadium.

aslim240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Synergy27

Has anyone took a look at the STH "Prize Packs" thread over on the Devils board. Talk about a punch in the stomach.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 12:27 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
They are giving EVERYONE the option to upgrade to full because at these prices, in the middle of a depression, they won't sell out...
Well they cant do that because the 11-gamers shared a seat with the 22-gamers. And since I was offered my seats in a full season, that means the two 11 game holders couldn't have been. Unless of course they were offered different locations.

Old
06-04-2009, 12:32 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Has anyone took a look at the STH "Prize Packs" thread over on the Devils board. Talk about a punch in the stomach.
If you actually look at the perks and benefits most teams offer their season ticket holders in comparison to what the Rangers offer, you'll see how little Rangers fans get for their money (and that's not even taking the quality of the on-ice product into account). And when you add all the drivel the organization spews about how close the team is to its fans and how important the fans are, and then look at how accessible other teams' players and management are to their fans, it's hard not to feel like a total sucker for paying thousands of dollars a year to watch them play.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
God that hurts.

Apparently the Devils can just give away $500 dollar food credits to any STH that wants it.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 12:52 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
If you actually look at the perks and benefits most teams offer their season ticket holders in comparison to what the Rangers offer, you'll see how little Rangers fans get for their money (and that's not even taking the quality of the on-ice product into account). And when you add all the drivel the organization spews about how close the team is to its fans and how important the fans are, and then look at how accessible other teams' players and management are to their fans, it's hard not to feel like a total sucker for paying thousands of dollars a year to watch them play.
Suckers? No. Try more like MSG does not have to go out of its way to sell tickets. They sell themselves. There is no need as of right now to do all the stuff some other teams that may have trouble selling seats.

Also, it is a fact that the Rangers send out nicer gifts than the Isles and Debbies.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 04:37 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Put it this way.

If you could sell all 18000 of your tickets while investing only let's say $100,000 while the other team needs to spend $1,000,000 to sell just as many, why would the team spending $100,000 want to spend 10 times more just to be like the other guy when there would be no benefit to him?

To make it even better, if the same person could sell all 18000 tickets at an average of $60 a piece. He also knows that if he raises the price by 10% to $66 a piece, he will still sell all 18000 tickets. What benefit is it to him to reduce or keep the price the same?

If all 18000 tickets did not sell, then you could either increase what you're giving away to the people (incentives) or reduce the price. However, MSG is selling all of their tickets and therefore has no reason to change the way they are doing things.

The product on the ice has nothing to do with ticket prices and never will. It's about how high they can raise the price before people stop buying... and they haven't stopped yet.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 06-04-2009 at 04:44 PM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 04:44 PM
McRanger

Whats the deal if you want different seats for next year? I just got an invoice to renew my seats without any info about anything else. And why so early this year?

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote