HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Season Tix Invoices

Old
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Whats the deal if you want different seats for next year? I just got an invoice to renew my seats without any info about anything else. And why so early this year?
Was there no box to check if you A) want to purchase additional seats, or B) want to upgrade your seating location? The past few years these boxes have been on the invoice. Then you get a letter a couple months later (after they know who isn't renewing) with a time to call in to upgrade.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 03:53 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Was there no box to check if you A) want to purchase additional seats, or B) want to upgrade your seating location? The past few years these boxes have been on the invoice. Then you get a letter a couple months later (after they know who isn't renewing) with a time to call in to upgrade.
I just checked and there was a little deeper into the renewal process. The problem is, I am looked for less tickets and in a different pay level. I am guessing I have to call in and talk to my rep.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
17futurecap

I also love looking at the "benefits" of being a season ticket holder. We get a dedicated account executive. Thank god the Garden hired people that are nice to us when we send in our payments. That is truly a benefit for all of us. I am also checking the upgrade box, even though I want to stay in the 300's. I was right behind the goal this year in the front row of 344, and it was a diaster with the site lines. Anyone recomend a good section in the 300's, but not in the "300's center sections".

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 05:54 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
I also love looking at the "benefits" of being a season ticket holder. We get a dedicated account executive. Thank god the Garden hired people that are nice to us when we send in our payments. That is truly a benefit for all of us. I am also checking the upgrade box, even though I want to stay in the 300's. I was right behind the goal this year in the front row of 344, and it was a diaster with the site lines. Anyone recomend a good section in the 300's, but not in the "300's center sections".
Benefits of being a season ticket holder:
1.) You pay up to $20 less per ticket per game.
2.) You get playoff rights.

I think that's all anyone could ask for. Of course, not raising the price every season would be nice, but that's another story.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 06:07 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Only way ticket prices go down is if Dolan/Cablevision sell MSG L.P. and that is not happening.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

If anyone would like to discuss splitting a 4-seat plan please PM me ASAP.

I'm not happy about the increase either, but if I can offset by splitting I may stay with it.

I'm really not happy with the season went last year. Next year is a must win season.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 08:40 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
If anyone would like to discuss splitting a 4-seat plan please PM me ASAP.

I'm not happy about the increase either, but if I can offset by splitting I may stay with it.

I'm really not happy with the season went last year. Next year is a must win season.
I wouldn't hold your breath. We'll likely be featuring an even more inexperienced defense...and we still don't have anyone to put the puck in the net. Don't see a cup in our immediate future.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2009, 12:03 AM
nyrmetros

man these ticket price increases blow.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:56 PM
callahan24

Just wondering...

Since the deadline to renew was today, how many people decided not to do it?

I had placed a deposit for a partial plan a few months back, just wondering what my chances of getting one this year are? What do you guys think?

callahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 06:07 AM
richz22

Send a message via AIM to richz22
as much as i hated to do it, i called up my rep last night to cancel and he tried to get me to change my mind saying to take a lesser package (i am currently in the 200's) and told me about the 8 month plan, blah blah blah. He also told me to think about it and call back by wednesday morning at the latest and i could still get my tickets. He said there were 3000 on the waiting list so the demand is there if i wanted to use the ticket exchange. I am still not renewing but they are pushing me to keep.

Also said i could renew now and if i cancel by mid august or so, i get a full refund.

richz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:54 AM
bubba5

There might 3000 on the waiting list but i wonder how many of those 3000 are still able to afford tickets, they might have lost jobs, less money available to them now then when they signed up to be on the waiting list. MSG know this, thats why they are pushing to get people to renew.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Stepan Razor

demand, my ass. i'll bet that by september most of those '3000' get calls from the season subscription department.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:28 AM
bubba5

And most of those 3000 say they cant afford it anymore!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:11 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
WRONG. IF someone here wants to buy my seats in Sect 216 for $95/seat please PM me. Otherwise I'm giving them back to the Rangers and telling them to shove it. Lets see how much demand there really is...
Well the Rangers either sell out or come very close to selling out every single game, so obviously someone is buying the tickets. I know it sucks for fans, but it is business as the other poster said. The arena is right in the middle of Manhattan and makes a perfect entertainment option for businesses, which owns a high percentage of the lowers, (my company alone must have had something like 50 or more seats) so the supply/demand equation is already working against fans before the first fan even buys a seat.

EDIT: Though I do understand your point that is does seem dumb increasing prices and punishing fans during a recession.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:37 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Well the Rangers either sell out or come very close to selling out every single game, so obviously someone is buying the tickets. I know it sucks for fans, but it is business as the other poster said. The arena is right in the middle of Manhattan and makes a perfect entertainment option for businesses, which owns a high percentage of the lowers, (my company alone must have had something like 50 or more seats) so the supply/demand equation is already working against fans before the first fan even buys a seat.

EDIT: Though I do understand your point that is does seem dumb increasing prices and punishing fans during a recession.
Those companies didn't buy their playoff tickets and I'd be surprised if they buy this season. Anyone can get club seats anytime. I think the 200's are going to open up as well. Nobody on this board was interested in buying my seats in the 200's which tells me all I needed to know. I am no longer a Ranger season ticketholder and I never will be again. I bought my seats after the lockout and my reward for supporting the league and this franchise was a 100+% increase in 5 yrs. Screw um!

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Stepan Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
not only punishing fans during a recession, but punishing fans that sat through a season in which we were one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. i know tortorella is supposed to come in and provide more scoring, but with the cap commitments management cannot seriously think that we expect a huge boost in goal scoring. it's a slap in the face and of course, i renew and take it.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:49 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringUpBobby View Post
it's a slap in the face and of course, i renew and take it.
This is mostly unrelated but it made me think of it. The Thrashers STH renewal rate last year was only 40%!!!! I think that is unprecedented in any sport that I know of. Basically, the fans said ENOUGH in terms of inept management and inferior product on the ice, losing stars, etc... My friend and his Dad were original Trash STHs and among those that didnt renew last year. It's not that they dont still love their team, it's more like a boycott until they get their **** in shape.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:30 PM
darrenturcotte#8

I hope people joined me and passed on their tickets. With that said, if they didn't, they deserve exactly what they get. The Rangers have no respect for you and will walk all over fans until they push back.

Old
06-23-2009, 01:03 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
I hope people joined me and passed on their tickets. With that said, if they didn't, they deserve exactly what they get. The Rangers have no respect for you and will walk all over fans until they push back.
Renewed mine last week.

Head office may treat us like crap, but i'm a fan of the team and will continue to support them.

Bring on preseason hockey!

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 01:27 PM
duffpm1

If anyone is looking to split up part of my season ticket package please PM me. We have section 326, row k. we would like to split it up 4 ways. We will give everyone an even share of playoff games and we would 'draft' games to make it fair.

If interested, let me know.

duffpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 06:47 PM
JerseyRangers

I decided to let mine go for next season. I'd rather spend some more time on the ice playing next season and going out to watch my son play hockey rather than overpay to see a mediocare team struggle to score goals and end up fighting for the last playoff spot. This last ticket increase was the straw that destroyed it for me. I understand business and the concept of supply and demand; that being said, appreciating ones customer base and showing a little loyalty to that base are also a part of the equation. The a--holes at MSG seem to have forgotten that!!!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Fellow 349er!!

Just to let you know, (I know you had a 11-game pack), you wont get the same seats offered to you because their giving the option for the 22-gamers to upgrade to a full. I also asked about when partials are being offered, my rep said not until after the NHL releases the schedule.
Good to know! Don't think im going to renew, but I havent ruled it out totally.... cmon october, anytime now!

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:32 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
The key phrase in there is "passed on their tickets". Do you think that MSG cares that you don't have your tickets, as long as someone else does? They don't personally care about you. And proving your point to yourself that since no one on this message board bought your tickets you have all you need to know is assanine. I'm sure that this message board is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE representation of the amount of Rangers fans in the area. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggght.

The issue here is that there's tons of fans who want 300's and 400's and not so much anymore that want 100's and 200's.

Companies are taking heat for all this extra crap they do so they might not be as likely to renew.

What needs to happen is a decrease in price for those lower level seats.

Supply for the upper sections is still huge. Hell, if anyone wants to give up their 400's I'll be more than happy to take them.

But no darren, no one wants your 200's because you're right they're overpriced. And for most middle class fans it's not worth it. But the rest of it, there's plenty of supply for.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:14 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
The key phrase in there is "passed on their tickets". Do you think that MSG cares that you don't have your tickets, as long as someone else does? They don't personally care about you. And proving your point to yourself that since no one on this message board bought your tickets you have all you need to know is assanine. I'm sure that this message board is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE representation of the amount of Rangers fans in the area. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggght.

The issue here is that there's tons of fans who want 300's and 400's and not so much anymore that want 100's and 200's.

Companies are taking heat for all this extra crap they do so they might not be as likely to renew.

What needs to happen is a decrease in price for those lower level seats.

Supply for the upper sections is still huge. Hell, if anyone wants to give up their 400's I'll be more than happy to take them.

But no darren, no one wants your 200's because you're right they're overpriced. And for most middle class fans it's not worth it. But the rest of it, there's plenty of supply for.
The last 5 yrs I've had tons of interest for partial plans and ask for the full season. I have a list of brokers that buy games and packs plus about 20 people that have bought from me over the past 5 yrs. NOT ONE PERSON WANTED EVEN A FIVE GAME PACK THIS YEAR. So yea, I think that is all I need to know.

Old
06-24-2009, 01:35 AM
NYR425

I have had season tickets for 20 years now. I never have had a problem getting rid of tickets I could not use. Have you gone to other buildings in the NHL? I sit in 425 and comparable seats in other buildings are almost twice the price. Going to 37+ this season, but I still think that price is not that bad. I think some of you guys want your tickets for free. I have always been treated first class by the Rangers as a season ticketholder. You guys should really stop your complaining. LETS GO RANGERS

NYR425 is offline   Reply With Quote