HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hedman or Cowen

Old
06-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriticalKing View Post
Yuuuuuuup, just like he helped Tampa get there the last 2 years. He'll feel right at home here in LA finishing at the bottom of the West!
You are so right. Tampa was worse than the Kings so their players must be worse....

None of these following players could make the Kings a better team because they play for a losing club....

Vincent Lecavalier
Martin St Louis
Steven Stamkos
Ryan Smith
Milan Hejduk
Paul Stastny
Kyle Okposo
Ilya Kovalchuk
Zach Bogosian

I could go on....but I am sure you get the point.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Don panch

Quote:
Yuuuuuuup, just like he helped Tampa get there the last 2 years. He'll feel right at home here in LA finishing at the bottom of the West!
Could it be possibly due to the fact, that they had been stripped down to a one line team, a d-core filled with plugs due to injuries. Oh yeah lets not forget their number one goalie before Mike Smith came in was Johan Holmqvist.

Don panch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:37 PM
KriticalKing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
You are so right. Tampa was worse than the Kings so their players must be worse....

None of these following players could make the Kings a better team because they play for a losing club....

Vincent Lecavalier
Martin St Louis
Steven Stamkos
Ryan Smith
Milan Hejduk
Paul Stastny
Kyle Okposo
Ilya Kovalchuk
Zach Bogosian

I could go on....but I am sure you get the point.
Someone stated that adding Vinny would propel us into playoffs.....YAH! OK! U mention teams like Atlanta, and Tampa on ur list and Colorado who have more then 1 great player and have not made the playoffs and are bottom feeders...So like I said...Adding Vinny will not magically get us into the promise land. Remember as well, that by adding Vinny we'd be subtracting (fill in the blank). Either u get my point, adding Vinny WILL NOT make this team better! He has St. Louis and Stammy over there helping him out and where did he team land in the standings?

KriticalKing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I think you need the seizure post again.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Don panch

Quote:
Someone stated that adding Vinny would propel us into playoffs.....YAH! OK! U mention teams like Atlanta, and Tampa on ur list and Colorado who have more then 1 great player and have not made the playoffs and are bottom feeders...So like I said...Adding Vinny will not magically get us into the promise land. Remember as well, that by adding Vinny we'd be subtracting (fill in the blank). Either u get my point, adding Vinny WILL NOT make this team better! He has St. Louis and Stammy over there helping him out and where did he team land in the standings?
Then how is it that our prospects, and Gaborik and all the other free agents going to get the Kings to the promise land which you claim Vinny cant do.

Don panch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Then using your logic....why would Detroit want to trade for Brad Stuart last season when he played on one of the worst teams in the NHL, not only that but were one of the worst defensive teams in the league?

Maybe because adding the right player at a specific position can significantly improve a team.

Would Detroit have won the Stanley Cup last year without Brad Stuart? Well Detroit thought he was pretty significant considering they re-signed him to a 4 year deal on the 1st day of free agency.

Old
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I think you need the seizure post again.
What?

Also, why you goofballs take KK seriously is beyond me. The guy's screen name is "Kritical King" for goodness sake. Unless his name is Kriti and he is from so cal, he is announcing his sole purpose on these boards. It is akin to JDM wearing a sign that reads "horny"

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:00 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Then using your logic....why would Detroit want to trade for Brad Stuart last season when he played on one of the worst teams in the NHL, not only that but were one of the worst defensive teams in the league?

Maybe because adding the right player at a specific position can significantly improve a team.

Would Detroit have won the Stanley Cup last year without Brad Stuart? Well Detroit thought he was pretty significant considering they re-signed him to a 4 year deal on the 1st day of free agency.
and you realize that the elephant in the room is f***ing Bryan Cameron, right?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
What?

Also, why you goofballs take KK seriously is beyond me. The guy's screen name is "Kritical King" for goodness sake. Unless his name is Kriti and he is from so cal, he is announcing his sole purpose on these boards. It is akin to JDM wearing a sign that reads "horny"
Let's just hope he doesn't change his name to Kaptain Kritical King.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:03 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
What?

I'm curious what your sign would say. "Hops"?

Speaking of signs, I've always wanted to do it with a deaf girl.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
and you realize that the elephant in the room is f***ing Bryan Cameron, right?
Cameron was the key to the Cup....too bad we will not realize this for another 4 or 5 years.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

Hops is as good as any.

It's tough enough communicating with the ones that speak (and hear).

Old
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:

Woah......what the hell are you talking about?

I think the pharmacist gave you the wrong drugs ther other night. You are going off the deep end.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:09 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Hops is as good as any.

It's tough enough communicating with the ones that speak.
80% of all communication is non-verbal Jerry... er, Zad.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:09 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:

dude, it's like listening to a humpback... but at around 250Hz.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
KriticalKing*

Quote:

Detroit was already a good team. If they add and subtract someone, they are still at a good team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsome View Post
Then how is it that our prospects, and Gaborik and all the other free agents going to get the Kings to the promise land which you claim Vinny cant do.
See letting our prospects develope and ADDING Gabby, would make US better. Getting rid of lets say Frolov for example and JJ for Vinny, did not make ANY steps forwards, just one forward and two backwards.

YEAAAAAAH we add a proven centerman! GREAT, but our problem is LW. So not only do we need to require that LW that we originally needed, but now we have to replace that one and another one since Fro is gone and we was a GREAT LW. So adding Vinny by subtracting (fill in blank) just puts us in the same or WORSE position. I don't know how this is so hard to understand! But adding Gabys and letting our prospects develop means we are automatically getting BETTER!!

KriticalKing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:

I think the pharmacist gave you the wrong drugs ther other night. You are going off the deep end.
Signs, signs, everywhere a sign. Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind...

Old
06-02-2009, 11:17 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

I find it a little amusing that you posted not 30 minutes ago that the board needed more humor.

Is that offensive?

And like I said, the drugs weren't for me! I have been condemned to bed for an illness of my own though, and had to take the week off of work, so I'll admit I'm a little stir crazy, which leads to stranger and stranger posts. Get ready... it's only Tuesday.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
80% of all communication is non-verbal Jerry... er, Zad.
I just got a flashback of the movie Road Trip when Seann Scott's character was trying to **** the deaf chic...oh no, wait he was trying to steal a bus...same thing.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Signs, signs, everywhere a sign. Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind...
Oh.....Five Man Electrical Band......now I get it.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
What?

I'll probably get in trouble for it, but wham!

http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Seizure_deserving.gif

Last edited by Reaper45: 06-02-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:21 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
dude, it's like listening to a humpback... but at around 250Hz.

I wasn't gonna take it that far.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I find it a little amusing that you posted not 30 minutes ago that the board needed more humor.

Is that offensive?

And like I said, the drugs weren't for me! I have been condemned to bed for an illness of my own though, and had to take the week off of work, so I'll admit I'm a little stir crazy, which leads to stranger and stranger posts. Get ready... it's only Tuesday.
Sorry that it is hard to detect my sarcasm through typed words......if you knew me you would find out I am rarely serious.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:23 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
See letting our prospects develope and ADDING Gabby, would make US better. Getting rid of lets say Frolov for example and JJ for Vinny, did not make ANY steps forwards, just one forward and two backwards.

YEAAAAAAH we add a proven centerman! GREAT, but our problem is LW. So not only do we need to require that LW that we originally needed, but now we have to replace that one and another one since Fro is gone and we was a GREAT LW. So adding Vinny by subtracting (fill in blank) just puts us in the same or WORSE position. I don't know how this is so hard to understand! But adding Gabys and letting our prospects develop means we are automatically getting BETTER!!
For what's its worth, most people are against trading for Vinny if the price is Frolov.

Everyone knows we have to add scoring, and understands the concept.

Old
06-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Sorry that it is hard to detect my sarcasm through typed words......if you knew me you would find out I am rarely serious.
I can attest to this. He practically has a up his butt hole...er, his wife told me...