HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jeff Carter

Old
06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
SFKingshomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
If were looking at the Carter vs. Luongo situation there are a few key points to remember:

- All-star goalies are worth a lot more than all-star forwards, period.

- The fact that Luongo isn't re-signed is irrelevant. Your GM would take the chance as if Lu waives his NTC to goto Philly he will likely re-sign. Luongo will NEVER be traded when he has 3 years left under contract.. Just doesn't make sense. We got him as an unsigned RFA, gambling that we may only have him for 1 year.

It would be Carter + for Luongo not the other way around. I would imagine something like Carter, JVR, and a pick... Very possibly a 1st.

Alot of Philly fans may not like that.. Many would... But in reality Lu won't get traded anyway so it doesn't matter
Not every team is willing to take a chance on an unsigned player. LA could of had Luongo if he was willing to sign an extension, it was a done deal. Carter is massive overpayment for a goalie that hasn't stepped up in the playoffs.

SFKingshomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Sbisa is 6'2" and he's a better and faster skater than Coburn. If he fills in and gets a little mean, he'll be a very special player. He really wowed me at prospects camp last year. He's also five years younger than Coburn.

I'd seriously re-watch. Sbisa is not in the same class of skater as Coburn, let alone faster and better.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:24 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Sbisa is 6'2" and he's a better and faster skater than Coburn. If he fills in and gets a little mean, he'll be a very special player. He really wowed me at prospects camp last year. He's also five years younger than Coburn.
and Coburn is 6'5... a WIDE 6'5 at that. Sbisa isn't in the same class of skating as Coburn, as someone already pointed out...

And what does it matter if Sbisa is 5 years younger? Coburn still has the higher ceiling and hasn't gotten there yet (he should any year now..it's near his prime years).

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:26 AM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If were looking at the Carter vs. Luongo situation there are a few key points to remember:

- The fact that Luongo isn't re-signed is irrelevant. Your GM would take the chance as if Lu waives his NTC to goto Philly he will likely re-sign. Luongo will NEVER be traded when he has 3 years left under contract.. Just doesn't make sense. We got him as an unsigned RFA, gambling that we may only have him for 1 year.

It would be Carter + for Luongo not the other way around. I would imagine something like Carter, JVR, and a pick... Very possibly a 1st.

Alot of Philly fans may not like that.. Many would... But in reality Lu won't get traded anyway so it doesn't matter
I agree that the goalie is the most important position and that Luongo is the most valuable piece in this trade proposal, but to think that Luongo is going to return a 24-year old 40 goal scorer, a 2nd overall pick AND another first rounder is a bit excessive.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
I agree that the goalie is the most important position and that Luongo is the most valuable piece in this trade proposal, but to think that Luongo is going to return a 24-year old 40 goal scorer, a 2nd overall pick AND another first rounder is a bit excessive.

If I'm the Flyers I pass on that deal and never lose a nights sleep over it. I wouldn't trade Carter straight up for Luongo.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:

Keep dreaming.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:11 PM
peteo

Loungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
To get Luongo out of Van it would take something like Carter + Coburn and maybe even a pick
(assuming Luongo resigns for 4 years or so at a fair price)

I am not saying that that would equal trade value...im saying that is what it would take from Vancouver perspective.

If Philly felt that the asking price is too high as they dont value Luongo as highly as the Canucks do then there wouldnt be a deal.

This pretty much sums up 2 multi paged threads we had on hf boards just last month
Keep him.

peteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Shoeny

Quote:

Carter for luongo is far. Why is this so difficult for some people. There doesnt need to be more for one side or the other. There could be pieces going both ways but they will equal out. Jeff Carter isnt on Ovechkin or Malkins level, but he is a second tier super star that is only getting better. Please stop making proposals that is just going to start an argument. Your post wasnt needed in this thread.

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
To Philly:

LW Wolski (2.80)
D Hannan (4.50)
'09 Habs 2nd Round Pick (48th overall)

To Colorado:

C Carter (5.00)

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
To Philly:

LW Wolski (2.80)
D Hannan (4.50)

To Colorado:

C Carter (5.00)

Counter

Briere for Hannan (plus a pick or a prospect) and his awesome play.....

Old
06-02-2009, 03:36 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Counter

Briere for Hannan (plus a pick or a prospect) and his awesome play.....
Avs can't afford him at all

Old
06-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Avs can't afford him at all
Well, Flyers can afford a d-men who had 10pts and minus 21. Youknow_whatIamsaying?

Old
06-02-2009, 03:49 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Well, Flyers can afford a d-men who had 10pts and minus 21. Youknow_whatIamsaying?
I have a feeling there's a direct correlation between Hannan's minus 21 and the fact that the goalies who played behind him were Peter Budaj and Andrew Raycroft.

Old
06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
To Philly:

LW Wolski (2.80)
D Hannan (4.50)

To Colorado:

C Carter (5.00)

Start with the #3 overall

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I'd rather trade Giroux than Coburn
Remember,Quebec wanted Brindamour and instead we gave them Forsberg. Not saying this is the same. But.............

Last edited by Hockeypete49: 06-02-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
and Coburn is 6'5... a WIDE 6'5 at that. Sbisa isn't in the same class of skating as Coburn, as someone already pointed out...

And what does it matter if Sbisa is 5 years younger? Coburn still has the higher ceiling and hasn't gotten there yet (he should any year now..it's near his prime years).
I like both players. However Coburn had a down year. Maybe he was doing to many TV commercials. As far as ceilings go I hope they both shoot for the moon. Coburn really needs a good season or else he may be trade bait next year. The Flyers have some good young D coming up through the ranks. The future looks very promising.

Old
06-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
If I'm the Flyers I pass on that deal and never lose a nights sleep over it. I wouldn't trade Carter straight up for Luongo.
I agree. Jeff is a keeper, a true team core player.

Old
06-02-2009, 05:28 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I like both players. However Coburn had a down year. Maybe he was doing to many TV commercials. As far as ceilings go I hope they both shoot for the moon. Coburn really needs a good season or else he may be trade bait next year. The Flyers have some good young D coming up through the ranks. The future looks very promising.
He wouldn't be trade bait. He's only signed through 2010. I suppose he'd be a candidate for someone to offer a trade before that, but it's more likely an offer sheet situation, right? Or is he arbitration-eligible?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:11 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Remember,Quebec wanted Brindamour and instead we gave them Forsberg. Not saying this is the same. But.............
How does this compare to the Lindros trade? I don't follow how it is similar at all.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:05 AM
captainpaxil

it would take the world to get carter from me but if i could come down to a somwhat believable (not even so far as reasonable) package it would be

tampa 1st (2nd overall)
steven stamkos
meszaros

and either
mike smith
or
kari ramo and 1st in 2010

but thats as close as i can think of

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
it would take the world to get carter from me but if i could come down to a somwhat believable (not even so far as reasonable) package it would be

tampa 1st (2nd overall)
steven stamkos
meszaros

and either
mike smith
or

I think Carter is awesome but damn.... this is pushing it.

Old
06-03-2009, 09:19 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:

tampa 1st (2nd overall)
steven stamkos
meszaros

and either
mike smith
or

i love jeff carter too, but that's way too much for him.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:

tampa 1st (2nd overall)
steven stamkos
meszaros

and either
mike smith
or

Umm no. Tampa wouldn't do this.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:21 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
i love jeff carter too, but that's way too much for him.
okay okay you talked me down. they can keep smith and meszaros. we need to clear the cap space anyway.

but from a different angle weve just given tampa the 1/2 that could rival pittsburgh and placed a serious obstacle in our playoff hopes for years to come. id probably take a lil less out west

to la
for

teubert
johnson
quick
5th overall

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
okay okay you talked me down. they can keep smith and meszaros. we need to clear the cap space anyway.

but from a different angle weve just given tampa the 1/2 that could rival pittsburgh and placed a serious obstacle in our playoff hopes for years to come. id probably take a lil less out west

to la
for

teubert
johnson
quick
5th overall
Too much to give up.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote