HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jeff Carter

Old
06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
SFKingshomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
okay okay you talked me down. they can keep smith and meszaros. we need to clear the cap space anyway.

but from a different angle weve just given tampa the 1/2 that could rival pittsburgh and placed a serious obstacle in our playoff hopes for years to come. id probably take a lil less out west

to la
for

teubert
johnson
quick
5th overall
Keep him, we will keep our starting goalie and 3 good assets, thanks.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 12:02 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
okay okay you talked me down. they can keep smith and meszaros. we need to clear the cap space anyway.

but from a different angle weve just given tampa the 1/2 that could rival pittsburgh and placed a serious obstacle in our playoff hopes for years to come. id probably take a lil less out west

to la
for

teubert
johnson
quick
5th overall
more close, but still pretty far off. if your point is that it would take an overpayment for the flyers to move carter, then yes, it would take an offer like this to move him. however, i think if you take off teubert, that's much closer to carter's actual value.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
more close, but still pretty far off. if your point is that it would take an overpayment for the flyers to move carter, then yes, it would take an offer like this to move him. however, i think if you take off teubert, that's much closer to carter's actual value.
So a player who's had 1 great season is worth a top 5 pick, starting goalie on an entry level contract, and a promising young defenseman? Keep him.

Old
06-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Shellz

leave out the kings goaltenders, jeez.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 03:26 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
So a player who's had 1 great season is worth a top 5 pick, starting goalie on an entry level contract, and a promising young defenseman? Keep him.
Stop twisting our arms. Fine! We'll keep him!

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Stop twisting our arms. Fine! We'll keep him!
Lol, I'd love to have him but we have needed a goalie for so long and Quick played real well last season, so we should hang onto him.

Old
06-03-2009, 05:06 PM
mercury

Quote:
Lol, I'd love to have him but we have needed a goalie for so long and Quick played real well last season, so we should hang onto him.
Yes, but you have more than one young goalie with #1 upside, and the Flyers need one of those, so it makes sense to ask for that. I am sure you don't want to give up Doughty, either. That would be a problem, as the Flyers have tons of young forward talent, but need help in net and on D.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 05:23 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Yes, but you have more than one young goalie with #1 upside, and the Flyers need one of those, so it makes sense to ask for that. I am sure you don't want to give up Doughty, either. That would be a problem, as the Flyers have tons of young forward talent, but need help in net and on D.
Yes but Quick played like a #1 last season and DL would like to keep Bernier around so they push each other. Doughty isn't going anywhere, much like Carter.

Old
06-03-2009, 05:28 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
if you read my post, i actually say that i would turn this offer down. it would take more to get carter to be honest.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 05:31 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
if you read my post, i actually say that i would turn this offer down. it would take more to get carter to be honest.
As would LA. No way in hell is anyone of the Flyers worth a starting goalie, promising young defenseman, and a top 5 pick.

Old
06-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
As would LA. No way in hell is anyone of the Flyers worth a starting goalie, promising young defenseman, and a top 5 pick.
I wouldn't even trade that package for Crosby Malkin and Fleury.

Seriously though, I think that Carter is slightly over rated and that is a good package for him. Unfortunately, LA needs quick and Philly has no use for a draft pick.

I also don't understand people offering trades with centres to LA. They need a LW not a centre. (Kopitar is a #1 centre)

Regin 43* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Jwm1986

come on man.. i understand( and fully agree) that Jeff Carter is a stud. Hes a great player with a great future.. but your trades arent realistic.

I hope that one day people think about the trades they propose before actually typing them.

i agree Carter would demand an overpayment and rightfully so... but he would never ever get stamkos and the 2nd pick and i think you know that

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 05:44 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regin 43 View Post
I wouldn't even trade that package for Crosby Malkin and Fleury.

Seriously though, I think that Carter is slightly over rated and that is a good package for him. Unfortunately, LA needs quick and Philly has no use for a draft pick.

I also don't understand people offering trades with centres to LA. They need a LW not a centre. (Kopitar is a #1 centre)
I don't feel Carter is overrated and would make that move for the Pens 3. Stoll is solid but I think a 2nd center as good or better than Kopitar would really help him develop.

Old
06-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
I agree with everything but this and don't feel Carter is overrated. Stoll is solid but I think a 2nd center as good or better than Kopitar would really help him develop.
True, true. I think that Kopitar, Stoll, Moller would be a good trio going forward but I do see how having another centre would help.

And let me rephrase that... I don't think that Carter is worth that package but I think that is what it would take to get Carter out of Philly.

Old
06-03-2009, 05:47 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regin 43 View Post
True, true. I think that Kopitar, Stoll, Moller would be a good trio going forward but I do see how having another centre would help.

And let me rephrase that... I don't think that Carter is worth that package but I think that is what it would take to get Carter out of Philly.
Moller is better suited at wing IMO but agreed on Carter.

Old
06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Moller is better suited at wing IMO but agreed on Carter.
Oh alright fair enough. I'll give you Mike Fisher for basically anything

Old
06-04-2009, 10:22 PM
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
a trade proposal for carter
to phi
rights to kari lehtonen
zak bogsian
bret sterling
spencer mahchuck