HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peladeau surprised by Gainey hiring

Old
06-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
George, is this you?

Seriously, Peladeau getting the Habs would be a natural fit, and you won't see any difference in the way the operations will be done.
But Peladeau don't have the team yet and he already criticized our GM

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
A lot of scared emotional little girls today. Peladeau must have thought the same as every other potential owners of the Habs: why take such a huge decision before the new owners have come in since new owners mean cleaning house most of the time.
I hate whiners and he is the only one that whined about it

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

This is just the cherry on the cake. It proves 100% that Peladeau is, unlike his predecessor, a complete incompetent business person. Not that we didn't know that before actually.

If you work for company and decide to completely stop working because it will be sold, I can guarantee you that YOU WILL BE FIRED. You don't start and stop time at your own damn leisure, specially when time is money and in short supply.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
This is just the cherry on the cake. It proves 100% that Peladeau is, unlike his predecessor, a complete incompetent business person. Not that we didn't know that before actually.

If you work for company and decide to completely stop working because it will be sold, I can guarantee you that YOU WILL BE FIRED. You don't start and stop time at your own damn leisure, specially when time is money and in short supply.
It's also the most critical time of the year for a hockey franchise with the draft and free agency coming up you need to give the team a direction.

Bobby Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:41 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
George, is this you?

Seriously, Peladeau getting the Habs would be a natural fit, and you won't see any difference in the way the operations will be done. After all, you guys fill the arena despite the show offered. So Quebecor will focus on building its media group around Les Canadiens, which will make it way more easier to control the message they want the people to believe to. After 2013, they will get the full control of the team over Globemedia because the TV contract will come to an end (I expect in fact the contract to be cancelled way before). TVA.B (that's the stock symbol of Quebecor's TV assets) will create a channel "Les Canadiens", and you will pay an additionnal 5$ a month to get access to that channel.

RDS will bring back "le défi miniputt", but this time, it will be in HD.

In the end, fans lose nothing because they will keep hearing what they want to hear, people a bit more critical will be the biggest losers because the media coverage will be even more biased, and Quebecers all win because Peladeau pays taxes in Quebec, and not in the Rockies.
Nice...I love hearing Serge Vleminckx scream BIRRRRRRRDIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!

By the way...that is some sweet gear they used to wear...top notch.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Just my opinion but if the team will be sold in two weeks the new owner probably have a word to say about the new coach and if Peladeau didn't know nothing about the hiring of Martin it's probably a good thing

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
But Peladeau don't have the team yet and he already criticized our GM
exactly

business as usual my butt. he's not the owner yet and he's already criticizing and to the media too. Wouldn't it make sense for him to just speak to Gillett directly? This smells bad, very bad.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Peladeau is not the owner yet (And i sure hope he never is) and he alreadt tries to meddle into hockey operation

**** him deeply
This about sums it up for me...

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
I don't know who this guy is, but reading some posts he seems to be a Quebecois who is interested in buying the habs.

Is his offer suppose to go through in two weeks ?

If he's not part of the organization, he should ****.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:31 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I don't know who this guy is, but reading some posts he seems to be a Quebecois who is interested in buying the habs.

Is his offer suppose to go through in two weeks ?

If he's not part of the organization, he should ****.
Likewise. Never heard of this person nor anything that he has had to say previously -any informed info would be appreciated.

bopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Newhabfan

I'm 100% sure that Gainey consulted with the owner of the Habs, George Gillett, before hiring Jacques Martin. He does not have to explaing to anyone else.

If Gillett would have thought the sale was going to be finalised in 2-3 days - he would have told Gainey to wait.

I too will have problems following/cheering for the Habs if Québecor is the new owner. I,ll probably do it but it will be painful.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Peladeau should wait to own the team before making those statements. There are plenty of other potential buyers who kept quiet...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Peladeau can go ******** himself.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I really hope this guy doesn't buy the team...

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:50 PM
DougHarvey

Quote:
George, is this you?

Seriously, Peladeau getting the Habs would be a natural fit, and you won't see any difference in the way the operations will be done. After all, you guys fill the arena despite the show offered. So Quebecor will focus on building its media group around Les Canadiens, which will make it way more easier to control the message they want the people to believe to. After 2013, they will get the full control of the team over Globemedia because the TV contract will come to an end (I expect in fact the contract to be cancelled way before). TVA.B (that's the stock symbol of Quebecor's TV assets) will create a channel "Les Canadiens", and you will pay an additionnal 5$ a month to get access to that channel.

In the end, fans lose nothing because they will keep hearing what they want to hear, people a bit more critical will be the biggest losers because the media coverage will be even more biased, and Quebecers all win because Peladeau pays taxes in Quebec, and not in the Rockies.
Take off your fleur-de-lys colored glasses and see that this man has no idea about hockey or business. He's taken his father's empire and almost driven it into the ground.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Newhabfan

There are several ways to understand this statement:

1 - Quebecor signed and is the next owner of the Habs - therefore he is frustrated.

I personally doubt this is real. If a deal was signed, there is no way in hell that Gainey would take such a major decision before consulting with the new owner. He's not that stupid.

2 - Québecor did not sign but they know who will be the owner and he just wanted to stir some ***** between the new owner and the team. They could also try to prepare the excuse for "after" - "We were going to buy them but they took major decisions without consulting us and we decided to drop our bid"

3 - P-C is simply stupid or self centered - he cannot imagine not being the centre of the universe.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchange View Post
Take off your fleur-de-lys colored glasses and see that this man has no idea about hockey or business. He's taken his father's empire and almost driven it into the ground.
He has absolutely no business sense at all and his latest quote just reinforces this sad, sad fact.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Habsfunk

Quote:
I don't see why RDS can't have both.

I really, really hope PKP has nothing to do with the Habs. If the way he runs his newspaper business is any indication of how he'll run the team, then it's a scary proposition.

Habsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
MoonlightGraham

Péladeau is a complete idiot and I hope he doesn't get anywhere near the Canadiens.

(This has to be one of the only things francos and anglos of HFBoards agree on )

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:01 PM
tiredman

I agree with Péladeau on this... Anyway, I don't want him as the owner of the team. I'm pretty sure his plan is to create "habs tv" and sell the games (pay per view) and create a circus with this team so he can fill his pockets with money. On those 2 points, I don't see the fans winning at all.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:02 PM
momotan

I would take that quote as Quebecor not being in the running anymore in Gillette's mind and they were kept out of the loop. He's either too stupid to realize it or has realized it and is trying to be a **** disturber. It's obvious Gillette if he is selling, has advised the potential buyers what was happening and they green lighted it. You want the habs to turn into the maple laffs, just hand it to Peladau. He'll meddle in everything.

momotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:03 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

more i think about it more i think gillett is going to keep the team

JeromeHP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Price4Prez

To make things clear for some people. Peladeau is the owner of "videotron" (thats how most people know him). He is complete and udder dumb***

Now. On to my point of view.

If Peladeau knew nothing about the Martin hiring, It means that he is not a front- runner for the club. If the club is indeed getting sold, I don't think the new owners would not be informed about the coaching change. They probably gave Gainey the ok, and gave him guidelines to follow ( as in, who he could negotiate with and so on)

Another possibility is : Gillett will still be in the game somehow. His Liverpool loan just got re-financed.

I think that Molson will buy the team. And Gillett will stay on as a minority share holder. This would make the most sense, as the team, ran by either Gillett or Molson, will be ran the same way.

My 2 cents.....

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:17 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
To make things clear for some people. Peladeau is the owner of "videotron" (thats how most people know him). He is complete and udder dumb***

Now. On to my point of view.

If Peladeau knew nothing about the Martin hiring, It means that he is not a front- runner for the club. If the club is indeed getting sold, I don't think the new owners would not be informed about the coaching change. They probably gave Gainey the ok, and gave him guidelines to follow ( as in, who he could negotiate with and so on)

Another possibility is : Gillett will still be in the game somehow. His Liverpool loan just got re-financed.

I think that Molson will buy the team. And Gillett will stay on as a minority share holder. This would make the most sense, as the team, ran by either Gillett or Molson, will be ran the same way.

My 2 cents.....
Thank you for clarifying - it helps

bopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

At the PC Gainey mentioned that he spoke to Gillet about martin and was given the green light. This could mean 1 of 3 things.

1) The future buyers were too dumb to put a clause in their negotiations stating that nothing would happen with out their consent.

2) Gillet spoke to all the frontruinners and they told him sure go ahead.

3) Gillet is simply pumping up the value of the habs for the benefit of the banks that would refinance him.

I pray it's the third option.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote