HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peladeau surprised by Gainey hiring

Old
06-02-2009, 05:29 PM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 247
ill still root for the habs if he takes over as the owner

anyone out here claiming the opposite is lieing to himself

jiboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
more i think about it more i think gillett is going to keep the team
Here's hoping you're right.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Mousepad*

Peladeau is a freak, I worked as a Director for Videotron at the time they aquired it and the guy is simply insane. I hope he has no business with the habs.

Mousepad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Stubbs88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
ill still root for the habs if he takes over as the owner

anyone out here claiming the opposite is lieing to himself
Same here.

I don't think any TRUE fan of a team would stop cheering because of a change in ownership, no matter how much they hate the new owneer.
I will be a HABS fan for life no matter who the owner, MLSE could purchase the HABS and I would still cheer for them lol.

I dont know much about this potential new HABS owner but from what everyone is saying about the guy he seems to be in it just for the cash and doesnt really know/give a flying **** about hockey. French Harold Ballard?

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs88 View Post
Same here.

I don't think any TRUE fan of a team would stop cheering because of a change in ownership, no matter how much they hate the new owneer.
I will be a HABS fan for life no matter who the owner, MLSE could purchase the HABS and I would still cheer for them lol.

I dont know much about this potential new HABS owner but from what everyone is saying about the guy he seems to be in it just for the cash and doesnt really know/give a flying **** about hockey. French Harold Ballard?
I don't think you can question anyone that still cheers for this team after all the crap that has happened.

It's just that a team that is owned by Harold Ballard or Donald Sterling is IMO not worth cheering for.

Bobby Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 05:54 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

This just proves Peladeau understands very little about the NHL. It is crucially important to have a coach right now so that Gainey can start signing his UFAs & RFAs.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:09 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I hope Gillett doesn't sell....

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Another idiot that needs to be eliminated from the gene pool pronto...

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

If Peladeau own the Habs I will still cheer for them. But everytime they will present Peladeau at the Videotron center I will booo my lung off

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:37 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/275814.html

basically said that he would have preferred that Gainey waited an extra 2 weeks to hire a coach

here the quote in french
Who cares what he thinks?

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
NewHabsEra*

God I hope Gillet dont sell the team to "Pedaleau"...

It would be a disaster IMO, he is not even the owner yet and is already trying to have his words to say in the hockey department.. I just cant stand this guy..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
At the PC Gainey mentioned that he spoke to Gillet about martin and was given the green light. This could mean 1 of 3 things.

1) The future buyers were too dumb to put a clause in their negotiations stating that nothing would happen with out their consent.

2) Gillet spoke to all the frontruinners and they told him sure go ahead.

3) Gillet is simply pumping up the value of the habs for the benefit of the banks that would refinance him.

I pray it's the third option.
All along, this is what i've been hoping for. George is the right owner. Bob is the right GM, Timmins is the right Scout. We have Gauthier, Julien Brisebois in the wings adding Martin. We are fine. I really want to see these guys stay together.

We will become a force in this league. It's just going to have to take some people being Patient.

Patience is a good thing. It's what put China where it is today

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
A lot of scared emotional little girls today. Peladeau must have thought the same as every other potential owners of the Habs: why take such a huge decision before the new owners have come in since new owners mean cleaning house most of the time.
few brainless and dumb posters too.. hiring Martin was a hockey department decision, it just gives you a sample of what could happen to our team with such an idiot buying it..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Just feel that Gillett won't sell it. With the refinancing that Hicks and him are working for the Reds, I just don't see him selling anymore. Gainey is in place, Martin is and Gillett will stay. He knows now that people are really interested, so I guess a little later, when he'll have other financial problems, he'll sell. But I just don't feel like he will anymore.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
God I hope Gillet dont sell the team to "Pedaleau"...

It would be a disaster IMO, he is not even the owner yet and is already trying to have his words to say in the hockey department.. I just cant stand this guy..
Not a fan of Péladeau....but isn't it a little normal? I mean, he has to be somewhat involve in the hockey department no? Isn't he the one who will have to hire a GM along with the Pres? If so, if Gainey is not his choice and Martin was hired on the basis that he was working with Gainey....well it might not have been his choice after all.

Besides, it's not like Martin had to be hired now....he still had a job and I would be really surprised if he was in demand. The other available coaches, well maybe. Same for Lemaire. But we were not in a rush for him.

Old
06-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Citizen Peladeau has spoken.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not a fan of Péladeau....but isn't it a little normal? I mean, he has to be somewhat involve in the hockey department no? Isn't he the one who will have to hire a GM along with the Pres? If so, if Gainey is not his choice and Martin was hired on the basis that he was working with Gainey....well it might not have been his choice after all.

Besides, it's not like Martin had to be hired now....he still had a job and I would be really surprised if he was in demand. The other available coaches, well maybe. Same for Lemaire. But we were not in a rush for him.
Usually the hiring follows the chain of command. The owner hires a president, or keeps the one in place. The president, new or old, then hires a GM or keeps the one in place. The GM usually is the one hiring the coach. Teams that don't work well usually have the owner making all these decisions.

Even if Gainey is not his choice, media are speculating the sale wouldn't be done until next November. The team still needs to keep going forward.

It's clear Peladeau isn't in the loop and Gillet doesn't give a damn about their offer. Who cares if this yuppie whines, its a good thing that he's pissed and quite probably won't buy the team.

Old
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Hotseat

Yes obviously the guy doesn't like the hiring caus otherwise he would have not mention it and I also think that if he gets the team it will also mean goodbye Gainey

Hotseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Even if Gainey is not his choice, media are speculating the sale wouldn't be done until next November. The team still needs to keep going forward.
Well strangely Péladeau said "I don't understand why he didn't wait 2 weeks"....as if something would be clearer in 2 weeks. Again, doesn't mean for me AT ALL that he's buying the team or not.

Though, some "sources" (please note that this is not sources that high in the management but sources anyway...) inside of the Bell Centre (and more than 1) were saying that this sale was done already and it was to Péladeau.

But honestly as sources as they are, I don't believe it whatsoever.

Old
06-02-2009, 08:07 PM
peperebougon*

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

Yeah, let's get to the draft with no coach at the table. Let's not try to stabilize the team by laying strong foundations just to please someone who MIGHT be interested. He isn't even the owner yet and said that he would have preferred that Gainey waited an extra 2 weeks to hire a coach??? Wow!!!! This is Gainey's job, not the owners'. Wow !

Just for that sentence alone, I hope he doesn't buy.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I hope Gillett doesn't sell....
me too

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

Though, some "sources" (please note that this is not sources that high in the management but sources anyway...) inside of the Bell Centre (and more than 1) were saying that this sale was done already and it was to Péladeau.

If Peladeau already bought the team, he will have know for sure that Gainey hired Martin

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Well strangely Péladeau said "I don't understand why he didn't wait 2 weeks"....as if something would be clearer in 2 weeks. Again, doesn't mean for me AT ALL that he's buying the team or not.

The whole point of Gillet's opening to bids was to see the team's worth, and which route would be better to take with all of his assets including the Habs and something about some loans for Liverpool being due at the end of June. Now somebody else here said it was announced Gillet renewed his loan on Liverpool. Is it worth more to him to keep the Habs and repay loans with profits from the Habs at 55 mil per year (Habs 45mil + 10mil BC), or sell them at the highest bid?

Anyway, if Peladeau isn't in the loop, it means Gillet either is keeping the Habs, or doesn't care much for PKP's opinion and offer on the team.

Old
06-02-2009, 08:32 PM
momotan

Quebecor would have to be approved by the rest of the league as an owner. This comment alone and the fact he has no contacts in the NHL makes that less likely. If they won't approve Ballsilie for being a **** disturber, they wont approve this guy.

momotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Turboflex*

if this guy + quebecor own the company Im getting NHL centre ice and following the ducks from now on. It will be toronto maples leafs trainwreck times 10.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote