HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Niedermayer or Pronger?

View Poll Results: Niedermayer or Pronger?
Scott Niedermayer 18 32.73%
Chris Pronger 37 67.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2009, 08:13 PM
  #76
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011
 
S.S. Giggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Country: United States
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Brady's blog back in May
Word is that the Ducks have given Scott Niedermayer a deadline of June 14to make his decision on whether he wants to come back or not, giving them some time to maneuver before the June 26-27 draft.
Anything?

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:04 AM
  #77
Markus078
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
Anything?
Not yet, Murray will already know (hopefully). I guess we will get informed via the trade of Pronger

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:40 AM
  #78
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
Niedermayer will give his decision next weekend

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:52 AM
  #79
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Niedermayer will give his decision next weekend
As will Selanne, per Murray.

By the way, Murray sounded very upset about the trade rumor at the select-a-seat event. Was emphatic that nothing had been discussed since the trade deadline. Also, didn't sound to me like he's in a hurry to trade Pronger even if Scotty comes back. Regarding Giguere, on the other hand, I got the sense he may make a move (he alluded to this saying that he wasn't sure if he could keep Giguere/Hiller together), particularly since Hiller will be a UFA after this year.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 07:26 PM
  #80
crabtooch88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Kind a looks like The Ducks management and I, view things the same eh?

BRO!

Great freaking trade Murray, unbelievable, that you could get two 1's for a guy who has one year left + is 35+ years of age....come on!

If Pronger is as great as some of you say he was/is, then you don't move him, FACT. He's now a Flyer, and we're better off, because of this trade!

Murray is the MAN!!!!!!

crabtooch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 07:38 PM
  #81
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,075
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtooch88 View Post
Kind a looks like The Ducks management and I, view things the same eh?

BRO!

Great freaking trade Murray, unbelievable, that you could get two 1's for a guy who has one year left + is 35+ years of age....come on!

If Pronger is as great as some of you say he was/is, then you don't move him, FACT. He's now a Flyer, and we're better off, because of this trade!

Murray is the MAN!!!!!!
If Pronger was as bad as you say he was/is, then 1 season of him doesn't get 3+ 1st round level assets in a trade.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
  #82
crabtooch88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
gotcha....I never said he was bad, I said, he wasn't as good as Niedermayer. I did say Pronger was/is a great player...but that I'd take Nieds over Prongs, that's all. I knew all along we could still get a good package, but Murray blew off the roof.

crabtooch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 10:10 PM
  #83
Spankatola Jamnuts*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ...sucka?
Country: United States
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
Welcome back, crabdoosh.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 04:20 AM
  #84
Lyons71
Registered User
 
Lyons71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtooch88 View Post
Kind a looks like The Ducks management and I, view things the same eh?

BRO!

Great freaking trade Murray, unbelievable, that you could get two 1's for a guy who has one year left + is 35+ years of age....come on!

If Pronger is as great as some of you say he was/is, then you don't move him, FACT. He's now a Flyer, and we're better off, because of this trade!

Murray is the MAN!!!!!!

$$$, that's why. The Great One was traded after all...

Lyons71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 07:15 PM
  #85
crabtooch88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
What a beautiful trade!!!!! I woke up wondering if I would still be super stoked on this trade, and I feel even better today over yesterday.

Question is....would you give up what Philly gave up to get Prongs?

Crabdoosh? I love it! I've been called worse! Well done bro!

crabtooch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.