HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bryan Little to Toronto.

Old
06-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Dimaio19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
atltanta lacks forward depth, not good forwards

kovalchuk, kozlov, little, peverley, white

that's 5 top 6 forwards, they just need one more which they are hoping to add this offseason

atlanta was 9th in scoring last season, it's not like they are starved for offense
White and Peverly are fringe top 6 guys. Definitely guys they could upgrade from. Kozlov is about 100 years old, so who knows how long he can keep up a good pace.

Not saying it's a bad group, but they could definitely use some more talent up front.

Dimaio19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:13 PM
indczn

The other teams (Atlanta) needs MIGHT just be relevant here...

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:14 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Do you honeslty believe Tomas Kaberle (all-star defenseman) , Jiri Tlusty (point per game forward in the AHL same age as Little), a 2010 1st round pick (will most likely be a top 10 pick) a fair deal for Toronto ?

Furthermore adding Luke Schenn to the table ?
The only reason Tomas Kaberle is an "all-star defenseman" is that there had to be one Maple Leaf representative at the All-Star game.

In his NHL career, he's never been named to either the first or second All-Star Team.

spiny norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:16 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Quote:
counter proposal

to toronto
hainsey
machacek

to atlanta
schenn

it's about the same tyhing really, maybe hainsey is a little less skilled than kaberel but he did score 35+ points with limited powerplay time and machacek is a skilled ahler that could be in the nhl next season

seems pretty damn stupid now doesn't it

It is more like this :

Luke Schenn

vs

1st round pick ATlanta's 2010
Daultan Leveille or another top Atlanta prospect
(insert Atlanta's best defenseman here)

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
The only reason Tomas Kaberle is an "all-star defenseman" is that there had to be one Maple Leaf representative at the All-Star game.

In his NHL career, he's never been named to either the first or second All-Star Team.
People are quick to forget that Kaberle has got 67 points in a season once before...

Kaberle is a 50 point defencman that with the right team can get 60 points. Easily. Likely more.

I honestly beleive that Kaberle needs a change of scenery, and then he'll be back to his 55+ point self again.

Kaberle is All-Star worthy. He's a great offensive defencman.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaio19 View Post
White and Peverly are fringe top 6 guys. Definitely guys they could upgrade from. Kozlov is about 100 years old, so who knows how long he can keep up a good pace.

Not saying it's a bad group, but they could definitely use some more talent up front.
white scored 78 points last year. peverley was nearly a point per game after being traded to atlanta

maybe peverley isn't an all-star but white certainly is a legitimate top 6 forward

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Regin 43*

Quote:
that might be the most stupid thing i've ever heard
Really? You're being nice because that was definitely the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Regin 43* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
skg

Quote:
Do you honeslty believe Tomas Kaberle (all-star defenseman) , Jiri Tlusty (point per game forward in the AHL same age as Little), a 2010 1st round pick (will most likely be a top 10 pick) a fair deal for Toronto ?

Furthermore adding Luke Schenn to the table ?
I believe Toronto should jump at the original offer of Kaberle, Tlusty and 2011 first rounder. The leafs can build around Little and Schenn and whoever they draft this year and next year in first round. Schenn was only mentioned as a one for one trade, not as an add on.

skg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:

It is more like this :

Luke Schenn

vs

1st round pick ATlanta's 2010
Daultan Leveille or another top Atlanta prospect
(insert Atlanta's best defenseman here)
it's calle sarcasm

and uh hate to break it to you but bogosian and enstrom are both better than schenn

hainsey is our third best d-man so i gave him to you

and machacek is one of atlanta's top prospects

Old
06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:

Tomas Kaberle is an all star defenseman whether you like it or not . He has not been playing up to standard but is one of the top offensive defensemen since the lockout and his offensive production proves it with his PPG being one of the highest amongst defensemen . He is also signed to a great contract for two more seasons and thus all the more reasons why his trade value is great .

Old
06-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
Why would Kaberle be on the 2nd pair? Him and Bogosian would be amazing together.
IMO (and their coach could be different) if you have two young defenseman under 25 that are good at both ends of the rink and you know that they will be playng together for a while then you put them together now. You can have Kaberle+Bogo until the end of his contract then Bogo+Enstrom all over again, or you can have Bogosian and Enstrom as a Dpairing for the next 15 growing together.

I prefer option 2.

Old
06-02-2009, 08:22 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
it's calle sarcasm

and uh hate to break it to you but bogosian and enstrom are both better than schenn

Bogosian is arguable since Schenn saw more playing time , but Tobias Enstrom no doubt . But than again Tobias is about 6 years older than Luke Schenn .

The top defenseman was in comparison with Tomas Kaberle being the Leafs best defenseman .

Old
Darth Milbury

Quote:

Not that I want to defend those who go around screaming that Kaberle is an All Star, but it is not true that he was invited to the All Star game because there has to be a Maple Leaf rep. In fact, the NHL did away with that requirement for all star games. Its probably unlikely that the NHL would choose not to have ANY players from a major market team like Toronto so you can argue that there is a defacto rule of at least one player, but it is not a formal rule.

And, yeah, Kaberle has never made the end-of-the-season all star team. When posters use the term "all star" to refer to any player who has been to an all star game, it waters down the meaning.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

That is a good package Toronto is trading, but to the wrong team. Atlanta has no need what so ever for Kaberle. They have Bogosian and Enstrom. Not good trading partners. I don't think Burke would do anything like that either.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntrmn View Post
People are quick to forget that Kaberle has got 67 points in a season once before...

Kaberle is a 50 point defencman that with the right team can get 60 points. Easily. Likely more.

I honestly beleive that Kaberle needs a change of scenery, and then he'll be back to his 55+ point self again.

Kaberle is All-Star worthy. He's a great offensive defencman.

I don't totally disagree with you. If he plays for a better team next season (I believe he'll be back in Toronto), he could easily score 50+ points.

But, that doesn't make him worth a 21-YO center coming off a 31-goal year.

I am quite sure that, if Little had scored 31 goals in Leaf uniform, you'd all be making him out to be the next one. Quite a bit of homerism in this thread....

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post
That is a good package Toronto is trading, but to the wrong team. Atlanta has no need what so ever for Kaberle. They have Bogosian and Enstrom. Not good trading partners. I don't think Burke would do anything like that either.
Exactly, no reason for 2 rebuilding teams to make a trade unless it involves a draft pick swap.

Old
06-02-2009, 08:26 PM
indczn

Quote:
Tomas Kaberle is an all star defenseman whether you like it or not . He has not been playing up to standard but is one of the top offensive defensemen since the lockout and his offensive production proves it with his PPG being one of the highest amongst defensemen . He is also signed to a great contract for two more seasons and thus all the more reasons why his trade value is great .
And you guys cant help but throw his name in nearly every Toronto trade. Sure he may have some value, but not to a rebuilding team, and not for a very good young player.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Bogosian is arguable since Schenn saw more playing time , but Tobias Enstrom no doubt . But than again Tobias is about 6 years older than Luke Schenn .

The top defenseman was in comparison with Tomas Kaberle being the Leafs best defenseman .
bogosian saw limited playing time early in the season because they wanted to ease him into the nhl

he was playing on the top pairing and in all situations after he returned from his injury because schnieder and havelid were gone shorty after that and there was an opening for him to play

Old
skg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Not that I want to defend those who go around screaming that Kaberle is an All Star, but it is not true that he was invited to the All Star game because there has to be a Maple Leaf rep. In fact, the NHL did away with that requirement for all star games. Its probably unlikely that the NHL would choose not to have ANY players from a major market team like Toronto so you can argue that there is a defacto rule of at least one player, but it is not a formal rule.

And, yeah, Kaberle has never made the end-of-the-season all star team. When posters use the term "all star" to refer to any player who has been to an all star game, it waters down the meaning.
Exactly. Mike Ribiero was an all star last year. Doesn't mean I would trade Bryan Little for him.

skg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:27 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
And you guys cant help but throw his name in nearly every Toronto trade. Sure he may have some value, but not to a rebuilding team, and not for a very good young player.
I am not the one throwing his name around . I think a majority of us realize his trade value is at most prominence to a contending/on the verge of contending type of team .

Old
06-02-2009, 08:28 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
bogosian saw limited playing time early in the season because they wanted to ease him into the nhl

he was playing on the top pairing and in all situations after he returned from his injury because schnieder and havelid were gone shorty after that and there was an opening for him to play
Hey Zach Bogosian is a great defenseman and your probably right , that he might just be the better defenseman overall than Luke Schenn right now . Physically Zach is alot more mature (and I am mean ALOT alot) whereas Schenn still needs to do some maturing .

Old
06-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Hey Zach Bogosian is a great defenseman and your probably right , that he might just be the better defenseman overall than Luke Schenn right now . Physically Zach is alot more mature (and I am mean ALOT alot) whereas Schenn still needs to do some maturing .
i'd say schenn has a bit of an edge on defense but bogosian could be putting up close to greene numbers pretty soon while being atlanta's top d-man in the defensive aspects as well

not to mention he took on donald brashear in his first ever nhl game and won

Old
06-02-2009, 08:34 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post

I totally agree that Kaberle is a good offensive defenseman ... my overreaction in my previous post was probably from being sick and tired of seeing all these trade proposals involving Kaberle for some other team's top young star. Especially the Jordan Staal ones that were all over this board for the past few months.

In my mind, the best option for the Leafs is to just keep him.

spiny norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:36 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

This proposal is terrible. a 1st in 2011? why not just make it 2035? But Kaberle would be the top pairing dman with bogosian

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Quote:
it's calle sarcasm

At this point, Enstrom is better than Schenn, but he's 5 years older. Who knows how good Schenn will be 5 years from now.

But I'll definitely agree on Bogosian. He's by far the best defenseman of his draft year (yes, I think he's better than Doughty).

Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote