HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers to sign Emery?

Old
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Brandi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ours Whole View Post
Or in the pudding for that matter, and judging from the roundness of Sugar Ray, he could tell you all about that!

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Not a good enough reason to get rid of the goal tender who helped the team get to the SCF for the first time in franchise history.
Going through one spectacular season doesn't automatically make you the go to guy. Ask Jim Carey. Ask J.S Giguere. Ray Emery came back and expected the number one job--refusing to earn it back. He doesn't have enough clout in the NHL to put up such demands so early in his career. He threw himself under the bus. I can't believe people still make excuses for him when he openly admits how badly he messed up in Ottawa. Make a career of regular season and playoff success, and then become demanding like that. Not before.

Also, you need to differenciate being a hater, from being critical of someone's blatant dissapointing mistakes.

Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Brandi

Ray admits his mistakes pretty much in the TSN interview . check it out

He repeatedly says how greatful he is for this opportunity and how much missed the NHL

You don't say that stuff without recognizing your actions. He admitted to letting people down.

Right from the horses mouth. You gotta be pretty stupid not to hear it. Slaps ya right in the face.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Ours Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
Going through one spectacular season doesn't automatically make you the go to guy. Ask Jim Carey. Ask J.S Giguere. Ray Emery came back and expected the number one job--refusing to earn it back. He doesn't have enough clout in the NHL to put up such demands so early in his career. He threw himself under the bus. I can't believe people still make excuses for him when he openly admits how badly he messed up in Ottawa. Make a career of regular season and playoff success, and then become demanding like that. Not before.

Also, you need to differenciate being a hater, from being critical of someone's blatant dissapointing mistakes.
I don't think I'd lump Giguere with that company. The guy has been to the Finals twice, once winning the Conn Smythe and once winning the cup. Even with the emergence of Hiller, I wouldn't write of Giguere just yet.

Ours Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 11:22 PM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Bitter? They're just making comments about how he looks. Take a step back. Jeez.
sounds like bitter hockey face to me...

*sigh* free at last! free at last!

good for ray! And the best part is the kid STILL won't say ANYTHING negative about ottawa, the sens, the press, fans... nothing. (of course some will say this is because he and ONLY he was in the wrong in ANY way) Meanwhile some are still stewing and making sad...bitter comments...

can my day get ANY better than this???

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 03:27 AM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
sounds like bitter hockey face to me...

*sigh* free at last! free at last!

good for ray! And the best part is the kid STILL won't say ANYTHING negative about ottawa, the sens, the press, fans... nothing. (of course some will say this is because he and ONLY he was in the wrong in ANY way) Meanwhile some are still stewing and making sad...bitter comments...

can my day get ANY better than this???

Thank god I am not the only one who truly wishes Ray good luck in his resurgence!

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 05:32 AM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ours Whole View Post
I don't think I'd lump Giguere with that company. The guy has been to the Finals twice, once winning the Conn Smythe and once winning the cup. Even with the emergence of Hiller, I wouldn't write of Giguere just yet.
I'm not saying Giguere won't get a shot again. A goaltender with his skill level, will get a shot. I'd be surprised if it wasn't very soon, as well.

I'm just using Giguere as an example, as he lost the go to guy role, to his backup. He has far more of a reason than Emery even remotely could have to be upset about this. He supported Hiller through this, and was a great teamate showing immense professionalism and maturity. I mentioned Giguere, because it's the contrasting proof on how to do things right in this situation. Giguere knows how good of a goaltender that he is, but also, is smart enough to know that whining about his situation won't help it in any shape or form.

Old
06-11-2009, 05:33 AM
SP

In spite of everything, I still like Ray Emery. Best of luck to him, I hope it works out.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
And the best part is the kid STILL won't say ANYTHING negative about ottawa, the sens, the press, fans... nothing.
He openly admitted the press is what he disliked the most about having played in Ottawa (I don't know where you're getting your information from). Also, openly admitted it was the thing he missed the least upon departure. This was before going to Russia, though.

Also, the main reason he doesn't say a negative word about the press, Ottawa and so on in the present, is due to the fact that it looks like he's genuinely moved on. You look pretty bad stating you've moved on, when you're bashing your old team. Show's he's taking it as a blessing in disguise, and that he's learned from his experience. Also, him never bashing Ottawa, even in the past, has more to do with him having nothing to bash the city about. The fans were behind him, for every frustrating moment. He was a fan favorite here, and many, still love the guy. He knows this. Him slapping those fans in the face, would be beyond idiotic.

Wishing him well, isn't being being bitter if you acknowledge the fact that his departure from Ottawa was necessary. Thats being a true fan. Not being afraid to be very critical of someone deserving of your criticism.

Old
06-11-2009, 01:30 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Obviously you don't follow the NFL. The Eagles run a notoriously tight ship and don't acquire players with "off-the-field problems". Ironically enough, the only criminality the Eagles have had to deal with has been the ongoing drug abuse of the two sons of Andy Reid, the workaholic head coach who sees "off-the-field problems" as a deal breaker.
Nope.
Dancing around all the criminals and primadonnas must hurt the talent level though right? It's probably only temporary anyways, until it hurts ticket sales... then it's back to adding guys who would shive a sick child at a charity event with his broken crackpipe over a Snickers bar.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote