HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schenn, Kane or MSP?

View Poll Results: Who would you choose and why?
MSP 44 43.14%
Schenn 21 20.59%
Kane 37 36.27%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
bral
Go Kings!

vCash: 500
Schenn, Kane or MSP?

Lets say Atlanta took Cowen, who would you want out of the three and why?

I take Schenn with MSP a close second. Why? because while I think he has the lowest ceiling, I think his character and grit is what this team needs more of. I also feel there is about 0 zero chance he becomes a bust ala Tukonen. Anyone out there with some first hand scouting reports on MSP or Kane would be greatly appreciated, I'm kinda looking to be swayed here.

Last edited by bral: 06-03-2009 at 08:30 PM.
bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Paajarvi, if we don't trade the pick. We need someone dynamic, he fits the bill and should be able to make at least a minor impact right away.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:31 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

MPS. Cool name. Love the thought of him playing with Kopitar.

All good picks though, and Kane is actually even in my rational of who would be the better pick. I guess I think more Kane's come along than MPS's, if that makes sense.

Schenn is interesting, but I'm so dying for an offensive threat, he's at the bottom of my list. But again, if Dean picks him, I'll be fine with it.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Captain Ron

I like Kane....he is strong and doesn't take crap.

Just for fun...

Evander Kane....

Brayden Schenn....

Last edited by Captain Ron: 06-03-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:34 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I like Kane....he is strong and doesn't take crap.
does he bring da ruckus?

Old
06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Captain Ron

Not that she has any insight.....but Helene Elliot talked with Kane at the combine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM
does he bring da ruckus?
You bet yo *** he does.

Old
06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Scottkmlps

Schenn. All great teams are built around a solid #1 & #2 center. Kane would be a very close second choice, with MSP coming in a distant third. I read too much about his lack of finishing skills.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:48 PM
T2M

I choose Kane. All he's ever done is score goals, hit people, and win at the highest level. When you can get a player with a memorial cup, world junior gold medal, and lots of goals as a 17-year old in probably the toughest league in Canadian junior hockey you take him. I hope Atlanta passes on him.

T2M

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 08:55 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
You bet yo *** he does.
Well in that case...

(sorry mods if this is innapropriate... there is no 'cursing' persay...)

Old
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

I chose MSP due to the fact that he was a left wing prospect...and we seem to be a little bit weak here...

Kane is a very close second...and Schenn is an even closer third...so that proves that they're no slouches either... Any one of the three would be ideal for the Kings...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLudwig View Post
Any one of the three would be ideal for the Kings...
I agree with that....usually I favor one player over the others...but in this draft I think any of those 3 could fit very well with the Kings....Kane just holds a slight edge for me.

Old
06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

If Duchene is available, we take him imo..
If Kane is available we take him..
Then it's really between MSP and Schenn, and I say MSP because I hate the Maple Leafs, meaning I hate Luke Schenn, meaning I also hate his brother Brayden..

I hope Tatar is available at the 35th pick, pleaaaase God

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I'm fine with Kane or Schenn.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaelWho View Post
Paajarvi, if we don't trade the pick. We need someone dynamic, he fits the bill and should be able to make at least a minor impact right away.
I heard he is under contract in Sweden next year. (But I also like him a lot.)

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Captain Ron

Funny thing is even with all of us talking about Kane, MSP and Schenn....I could see Dean going to the podium and announcing....Peter Holland. (or insert any other random name).

Old
06-03-2009, 09:47 PM
DaAnimal

Quote:
Funny thing is even with all of us talking about Kane, MSP and Schenn....I could see Dean going to the podium and announcing....Peter Holland. (or insert any other random name).
Haha true, i wouldn't be surprised. Especially in 07 when we predicted that the Kings were going to draft Cherepanov or Turris and somehow we ended up with Hickey who was ranked 20 something at that time. Not saying I don't like Hickey. Knowing DL, he's probably going to pull some crazy **** like in 07.

Personally I want the Kings to draft Kane. He's physical and he's not afraid to attack the net. He would be the "perfect fit," and I also think fans will love him.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:47 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
If Duchene is available, we take him imo..
If Kane is available we take him..
Then it's really between MSP and Schenn, and I say MSP because I hate the Maple Leafs, meaning I hate Luke Schenn, meaning I also hate his brother Brayden..

I hope Tatar is available at the 35th pick, pleaaaase God
That's horrible logic. If you hate the Leafs, you want to steal Brayden away from them, not hand them the second brother on a silver platter.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I don't think so. This draft is a lot deeper.

I could see him trading down and picking a player like Cowan or LeBlanc if he doesn't believe the dropoff in talent from #5 to the lower pick is too large.

If he does a deal like that he probably picks up a roster player (that fits) and a pick that is probably only a couple of spots lower.

A deal like that could be the prelude to another deal as well.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:59 PM
ru4reals

Aki Berg, Jens Karlsson, and Lauri Tukonen! Perhaps Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi is the next great European first rounder that the Kings draft. So yeah I definitely want this guy for sure. Heeeeeeeeell No! If we get another Euro bust, I am going to go freakin postal. Dean better not waste this pick, give me Kane or Schenn, either one will do.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:31 PM
JMFJ 3

MSP. Best player available at 5.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
mysteryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M View Post
I choose Kane. All he's ever done is score goals, hit people, and win at the highest level. When you can get a player with a memorial cup, world junior gold medal, and lots of goals as a 17-year old in probably the toughest league in Canadian junior hockey you take him. I hope Atlanta passes on him.

T2M
Cant agree more.....nice thoughts. Doughty had a laundry list of achievements and you could see why once he stepped foot on the ice.
Ive never seen Kane play but how can you argue with that resume?

Second pick would be Schenn....bloodlines and toughness.

MSP is the wild card....I would probably be much higher on him but with Euros its always iffy. Especially when its the Kings drafting them as another poster mentioned.

mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 11:32 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
MSP. Best player available at 5.
MSP is not even montioned in the top 5 by NHL Gm's. It's Tavares, Hedman, Duschene, Kane & Schenn. Those were the guys that were on Hockey Night In Canada last game with Don Cherry as it's tradition during the final series of the playoffs he gets the top 5 guys in the draft together and they say a little something about themselves. Even Brian Burke said it today..."From talking to other GMs -- and I'm not going to tell you our list -- it seems like there's a big five and then a dropoff," said Burke. "And that big five, in any order, would be Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, Kane and Schenn.

"Those are the only five names I hear. We're very open about it. We're trying to move up and we're throwing deals at teams. We just haven't had any progress yet."

So not sure why anyone would want to draft MSP since he's in the group that is being seen as a "big dropoff" from the top 5.

We gotta go with Kane if he's still there...trust me, he'll be better than Schenn and Cowan in the long run....

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 12:03 AM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Schenn by a hair over Kane. I want to have a new center to be excited about on draft day, whether it's one we draft or trade for.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 12:06 AM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
MSP is not even montioned in the top 5 by NHL Gm's. It's Tavares, Hedman, Duschene, Kane & Schenn. Those were the guys that were on Hockey Night In Canada last game with Don Cherry as it's tradition during the final series of the playoffs he gets the top 5 guys in the draft together and they say a little something about themselves. Even Brian Burke said it today..."From talking to other GMs -- and I'm not going to tell you our list -- it seems like there's a big five and then a dropoff," said Burke. "And that big five, in any order, would be Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, Kane and Schenn.
Don Cherry and Brian Burke choosing Canadian two-way centers over a flashy European sniper? What next?

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 12:31 AM
ukyo

MPS because of his name. Really, my expertise can only add that beyond what I hope the Kings scouting staff has already done. I'll trust that they'll pick whoever makes the most sense.

On a side note, I worry about getting a guy like Kane given what other more knowledgeable posters have said about him in the past. Schenn and MPS have been hovering around the top-10 for over a year now, but Kane was in the 20s as recently as six months ago. Not sure what to make of it; either you can be happy about the trajectory of his development or you can say he's been recently overhyped.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote