HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hejduk or cheechoo (ZIPAY)

View Poll Results: If you had a choice as GM....
Hejduk 78 73.58%
Cheechoo 28 26.42%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Chief

vCash: 500
Hejduk would be the guy to get with only one year left on his deal. Cheechoo would lock you in for 2 years and he's shown that without Thornton feeding him, he's not a sniper.

All that said, I don't see SJ wanting to add Rozy and his $5 MM cap hit for the next 3 years when they could pay the same amount to Blake, on a 1 year deal, who played great for them last season - and if Blake doesn't come back, they could probably find a cheaper, better, offensive Dman in free agency (like Schneider, Beauchemin, Bergeron). Colorado already has $18.5 MM in cap hit locked into 5 Dmen.

You want to look for a fit, then Sather should be looking at a team like Montreal that has loads of cap room and can't seem to convince most UFA's to sign with them. Get me Higgins or one of the Kostitsyn brothers and I'm drivin' Rozy to the airport.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 06:44 PM
satrabyk

I understand that many think Hejduk is the correct choice, but when i really think about it, Chech is a lot younger and is someone who is not are usual sigining of a guy on the decline. I am so tired of signing players on the decline. Chechoo could still have his best days ahead of him, and yes he did play with Thornton when he scored those 56 or whatever crazy amount of goals but we have a player named Gomez who is similar to Thornton in many ways, other than his size. Also possible Chechoo who can skate well, could play even better with Gomez who can skate better than thornton. I am not saying Hejduk is bad, because i love his skill, but this is a type of player i have seen before with NYand i am interested in making a choice different than what we usually do. Also Chechoo is a canadian and plays with a lot of character and heart, which in the playoffs weve seen we need. This guy is looking for a fesh start and playing on the top line is where he plays best.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 06:47 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Don't want either one of them.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 07:08 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I say Hejduk for two reasons.

1. he is gone after the season so that opens up money and a rosters spot.

2. If we get Hejduk there actually might be a decent chance that Drury is going the other way. Fans love him in Colorado, he probably would waive his NMC.
if that trade would be made than i would change my vote to Hejduk

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

San Jose won't trade anything for your overpayed players. We're looking to get rid of Cheechoo for a late round pick or two, we don't need any more cap since we're already pushing it if we resign Blake.

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 09:47 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
San Jose won't trade anything for your overpayed players. We're looking to get rid of Cheechoo for a late round pick or two, we don't need any more cap since we're already pushing it if we resign Blake.
I'll take overpayed instead of choke artists any day though

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The only way Cheechoo makes sense is to keep Gomez as the only time he's been any good was playing with an elite playmaker.
If Thorton isn't the elite playmaker Cheechoo needs, then Gomez sure is hell isn't either.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2009, 10:06 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Neither of these guys are good enough. We need a better thread

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote