HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev has talked the talk... now it's time to walk the walk.

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Masao

vCash: 500
Kovalev has talked the talk... now it's time to walk the walk.

Since he's been traded, Kovalev hasn't stopped talking about how he's excited to play for this team and how motivated he is about a chance to play in the playoffs again and that he'll give all he has to this team. He said that it was for him to adapt to the team and not for the team to adapt to him (what a nice phrase) and that he absolutely loves playing under pressure because that's when he's at his best. He praised the coach, he praised his teammates, he praised the system, he praised the team's consistent effort, he praised the city's love for hockey, he praised the fans who welcomed him with a nice ovation... heck, he even tried putting together some french words.

He sure is a smooth talker. That's really nice. A good guy, he is.

But the problem is that right now he's giving as much effort as a stoned teenager in a public high school.

Don't forget, Mr. Kovy... in Montreal, no one is untouchable. If you're not able to stand the pressure right now, you'll have a nervous breakdown the day when the boos start resonating in the Bell Centre every time you touch the puck. And that day might not be too far away if you keep it up.

Seriously... what is he useful for? Giving the puck away? Trying to beat everyone by himself and losing the puck? Shooting on the glass? Not giving a second effort? Falling on the ice? Missing easy passes? Losing the puck when he's at the point on the PP, only to force all his teammates to get out of the zone?

Come on, Kovy. We've heard about how motivated you are.

And now, it's time for you to prove it.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao
Since he's been traded, Kovalev hasn't stopped talking about how he's excited to play for this team and how motivated he is about a chance to play in the playoffs again and that he'll give all he has to this team. He said that it was for him to adapt to the team and not for the team to adapt to him (what a nice phrase) and that he absolutely loves playing under pressure because that's when he's at his best. He praised the coach, he praised his teammates, he praised the system, he praised the team's consistent effort, he praised the city's love for hockey, he praised the fans who welcomed him with a nice ovation... heck, he even tried putting together some french words.

But the problem is that right now he's giving as much effort as a stoned teenager in a public high school.

Don't forget, Mr. Kovy... in Montreal, no one is untouchable. If you're not able to stand the pressure right now, you'll have a nervous breakdown the day when the boos start resonating in the Bell Centre every time you touch the puck. And that day might not be too far away if you keep it up.

Seriously... what is he useful for? Giving the puck away? Trying to beat everyone by himself and losing the puck? Shooting on the glass? Not giving a second effort? Falling on the ice? Missing easy passes? Losing the puck when he's at the point on the PP, only to force all his teammates to get out of the zone?

hes propably a rental anyway. if we dont get past the first round, i doubt gainey will bother re-signing him.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:24 PM
EaGLE1

Very good thread. I'm the kind of guy that can give the chance for 3-4 games but now he's been poor for 7 games! It's time to react! You are right!

Old
03-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Very good thread. I'm the kind of guy that can give the chance for 3-4 games but now he's been poor for 7 games! It's time to react! You are right!
who are going to be UFAs this off-season? Guerin is right?

Old
03-24-2004, 09:27 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1

you people are too funny .. I will laugh at you when he gonna be good in the playoffs and you will praise him. What is the next thing ? Booing him ?? lol ... He wasn't POOR for 7 games , he was extremely bad for THIS game , like all the canadiens player , wake up !

Old
03-24-2004, 09:28 PM
electric

I think the problem is that he's been with the Rangers for a whole year... being surrounded by guys who don't give a damn about the team probably had a bad influence on him. I remember him in Pittsburgh and he was an awesome player... 10 times what we're seeing now. He used to work a lot harder and his play was much more consistent... I think he has to get used to working hard again, because it seems that the Rangers atmosphere wasn't the healthiest thing. I give him until the end of the regular season... if he doesn't have a fire under his butt by the time playoffs starts I'll bang my head on the desk.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:

I like the thread. It's so true.

It's really painfull to watch Kovalev these days, he seems like more of a liability than an asset.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:33 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
...the problem is that right now he's giving as much effort as a stoned teenager in a public high school.
I totally disagree with you guys about Kovalev being the worst thing since having to pay for herpes, but that line is pretty funny.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Cayouche5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I totally disagree with you guys about Kovalev being the worst thing since having to pay for herpes, but that line is pretty funny.
I agree with all you said but tonight outside of Garon everyone plays bad in the first 55mins of play.
And i don't care if he score only one goal in the seaon if he put 1 goal per game in the playoff.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Aarex

Personally, I think you're all on crack

I think he has played very well, no he has not been lighting up the lamps, but he has created countless scoring opportunities...when he is on the ice the defence focus's on him leaving players less covered (al la's ryders 4 goals in 6 games)

When he handles the puck its amazing how well he can control it...and i always see him digging in corners for the puck (something he has been known not to do).

Old
03-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Cayouche5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Personally, I think you're all on crack

I think he has played very well, no he has not been lighting up the lamps, but he has created countless scoring opportunities...when he is on the ice the defence focus's on him leaving players less covered (al la's ryders 4 goals in 6 games)

When he handles the puck its amazing how well he can control it...and i always see him digging in corners for the puck (something he has been known not to do).
I tend to agree here cause even if do not scores he do the difference on the ice. Look what koivu id doing since Kovalev is here, Ryder scores like a mad man Zednik too, Perreault ( outside of the last 3 games )...

Old
03-24-2004, 09:48 PM
HABit

No matter if he is playing well on the ice, if he doesn't start racking up some points soon he will feel the wrath of the hard-ass fans at the Bell Centre.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Mike8

If Montreal had won this thread wouldn't have existed.

Too reactionary.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Cayouche5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

Too reactionary.
True but we all know that he's not putting points like he should. No ?

Old
03-24-2004, 09:54 PM
BJCOLLINS

What is THAT.... second regulation lose in 15 games! Unaccecptable!

Old
03-24-2004, 09:55 PM
chicpea*

Quote:

Too reactionary.
Agreed. In fact, (I'll just say this now) I have really enjoyed the atmosphere on this board for the last few weeks/month. Everyone has been civil, funny and criticism was mainly constructive. Just because we lose one, let's not degenerate into a bunch of in-fighting whiners like some boards that will remained unnamed .

Old
03-24-2004, 09:56 PM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
What is THAT.... second regulation lose in 15 games! Unaccecptable!

That's the way it should be...

Old
03-24-2004, 09:57 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit
No matter if he is playing well on the ice, if he doesn't start racking up some points soon he will feel the wrath of the hard-ass fans at the Bell Centre.
He will feel the wrath of the IDIOTS Habs fans

Old
03-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Aarex

Lol Was thinkin the same thing.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:58 PM
HABit

Quote:

Too reactionary.

Couldn't have said it better. That sums up Montreal fans.

Old
03-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
True but we all know that he's not putting points like he should. No ?
I would venture to guess that it takes some time for a creative player to fit in with other creative players. Kovalev's been more physical the past few games and playing better in his own zone and in the neutral zone compared to his first 3-4 games, so it's not as though he isn't improving.

Old
03-24-2004, 10:08 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

I can see a few diehard Kovalev extremists parachuting in to tell you that Kovalev is on the verge of a breakout and is just misunderstood. They will talk of the Pittsburgh days gone by and remember the wisdom and the vision. I think the only way to bring back the old Kovy is to have a seance to try to contact the ghosts of Pittsburgh past.

Old
03-24-2004, 10:39 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I like what Kovalev is giving us so far, it will get better for sure too. Let's give him a chance. However, if what we see now is all we're getting out of this trade, well it'll be a huge disaster.

Old
03-24-2004, 10:41 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
One loss and the whole ****ing world is coming to and end. Come on.

Old
03-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
STRONGLY disagree with this thread...

No way in hell i'll agree with anyone who's trying to evaluate a player after less than 10 games.

Perhaps after the playoffs, you could make a case for yourself on that point... but imo you wont be able to do it since he's going to be a major asset for us by this time...

I understand you guys want him to scores and be dangerous 22:56 out of 23:00 minutes each game but you are i think over-reacting BIG time on this one... Seems to me some of you (dont want to point out anyone) are just almost happy he isnt showing yet and "they know that since the beginning he was a bad addition..."
God, stop the "I told you" PLEASE...

We add a significant player for the first time in...... (no comments...) you all should be still happy, i mean COME ON, VIVA THE HABS, KOVALEV and even if we lost tonight... 11-2-1-1 IS STILL NOTHING SHORT OF SPECTACULAR!

Closed Thread